Why did Axl say 'Definite Maybe' ?

izzydoezit

Is he actually not sure if there is going to be new music?

Is he trying to imply that there won't be new music?

Or what? What is the point of hiding his cards? The hype from his absence for 15 years is now gone. So he can't play that game. It really makes no sense to me why he replied like that...

He doesn't want to release new music any time soon. But if he said that, a lot of fans wouldn't be interested in GN'R anymore. So it was a safe answer for him, it could be taken as a "Yeah, maybe I'll release some new music", but at the same time he still can say "I never said I'm gonna release something new".

It's just the douchebag way of saying he hasn't got a clue (but most likely no).

It's this decade's "soon is not the word".

Honestly, I think it's an incredibly stupid thing to say. It gets (naive) people's hopes up and will probably result in disappointment and criticism.

Or what? What is the point of hiding his cards? The hype from his absence for 15 years is now gone. So he can't play that game. It really makes no sense to me why he replied like that...

Oh he's playing the game.....you keep coming to a fan forum dedicated to him and his band day after day after day.

Oh he's playing the game.....you keep coming to a fan forum dedicated to him and his band day after day after day.

Last time I checked this was not myaxlroseforum.com

Last time I checked this was not myaxlroseforum.com

If you don't essentially think thats what this board is, then I just don't know what to say.

Axl's secretive. Get over it.

I really think that the aim of new management is to make maximum of money - less intermediary, Axl & Beta family have no more management expenses.

Touring seems to bring much more money than albums and are not risky, return on investment is much more controlled. Even Axl is doing the minimum (Mickey voice), but they do not care since they have a big fanbase and they unchain the jarmosorus to hide the sad truth to public. :awesomeface:

So I fear things get more & more about money than music. :max:

With all the leaks preceding CD, can you imagine a new album suddenly being released with say 14 tracks of previously unreleased material? The latest suggestion by Bumblefoot to release one song at a time is a clear sign that the new album will never get finished otherwise. And I suspect if they don't release the tracks separate, they will be leaked prior to any new album. Of course I could be wrong, and no I wont buy you a free Dr. Pepper. :tongue2:

He knows there's no music but if he admits that people will give up on him.

I think it's also a case of not wanting to admit failure that the goose is cooked.

But either way, yeah, we'll never hear new music unless it leaks or gets milked by Team Brazil after Axl passes away. Mark my words.

Edited by Bobbo