How bad meet and greets can really be (New KISS one especially)

ZoSoRose

Volcano and Ffuckinga, I met Slash and he was super- duper awesome. Took time to talk to my friend and I, signed whatever, and we chatted for a bit. Very cool, experience!

As Powerage said, people have good and bad days. Im sure Axl could be great to meet one day and awful the other

Guys, everyone has good and bad days - it happens. There is virtually no one who will be absolutely fan friendly, talkative, polite, etc. 100% of the time no matter how much their reputation indicates, this happens. Honestly, everyone is always touting off how nice DJ is in person, and I thought he was kinda a prick when I met him. I've had days where I've met a member of Maiden or Anthrax who've always been overly talkative - guys I have met multiple/many times, when they just weren't in a fan-friendly zone. Do I let that stuff get to me? No, shit happens. You can't tell me you've been in an absolutely perfect mood 100% of the time at your jobs, it's just easier to crucify celebrities because so many people put them up on a pedestal.

So you've "heard people say" Axl or Slash aren't very friendly. Great. People say a lot of stuff. People say Bruce Dickinson is one of the least pleasant people you could ever encounter, when I met him last Summer he was extremely nice and gracious. And he has a far worse track record than either Axl or Slash when it comes to fan friendliness. People say stuff, it doesn't mean you can always believe it.

This. 100%. It would probably be impossible for every human to be sweetness and light every moment of every day. It is entirely possible for one person to have a negative experience with a celebrity and for the next person to have a wonderful encounter with the same celebrity.

For what it's worth, as for the topic of meet and greets, I wouldn't pay for one. Ever. I've been to book signings (I met Duff at one and he was very nice) and bought books to have signed, but I can't ever picture myself paying hundreds or thousands to meet someone. I've met a bunch of people and it's usually been through either waiting after the show or running into them at random somewhere in the area. All respect to those who do like meet and greets, though - it's none of my business how others choose to spend their money.

Edited by stella

None of us know these people in real life so Wfa's experience with Slash doesn't mean he doesn't care about his fans. If he stopped to sign autographs after a show then that's more than he was obligated to do.I bet a bunch of the people waiting were just ass hole EBAYERS anyway trying to make a buck off of someone else's talent. Now if someone pays for a meet&greet and the artist is rude that's a whole other story.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 1

I've heard more horror stories about how Slash's bodyguard treats fans who've waited around after the show than how Slash himself is towards the fans.

Bodyguards are usually pricks. When we met Dizzy after the Brooklyn Bowl gig one of GN'R's security guys was the only person around - we asked Dizzy if we could get a picture with him and he said "Yeah, of course!", so he asked the security guy if he'd take it for us and he said no :lol:

I've heard more horror stories about how Slash's bodyguard treats fans who've waited around after the show than how Slash himself is towards the fans.

Bodyguards are usually pricks. When we met Dizzy after the Brooklyn Bowl gig one of GN'R's security guys was the only person around - we asked Dizzy if we could get a picture with him and he said "Yeah, of course!", so he asked the security guy if he'd take it for us and he said no :lol:
Thats probably because it was like 3 am and if it was any other band playing the security gaurd would have been tucked up in bed.

I'd hate to do security for GNR if I wasn't a fan haha

Edited by Axl_morris

Volcano and Ffuckinga, I met Slash and he was super- duper awesome. Took time to talk to my friend and I, signed whatever, and we chatted for a bit. Very cool, experience!

As Powerage said, people have good and bad days. Im sure Axl could be great to meet one day and awful the other

Great post. Sounds like fun!