BBF: "There are always wolves in the fold...who get into a buddy position...then try to weaken other relationships"

Jordan Rose

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No buts its open to intrepretation. If hes going to be honest then be specific. Otherwise hes just causing rumors. Maybe he shouldnt have to but maybe he should. This makes him look bad. Whereas Dj is riding shotgun says nothing. So it Ron and Tommy v Dj and Fortus.

If they do make a new album I expect it to be Dj centric.

Guest Gunns

Get all these guys in a studio now, they are as frustrated in wanting to create new music as the fans that are waiting to hear it.

Ron shouldnt say this kind of stuff.

Yes, he should. He is not a pussy and doesn't lie to look cool. Unlike Ashba, Axl's new buddy.

Axl only having DJ sit on-camera with him for the "That Metal Show" interview was really weird.

And annoying.

He could be referring to anyone. The GN'R "entourage" is huge. Why would a band member or a member of Team Brazil have to "work their way into a buddy position"... they're already in a buddy position!

I think suggesting either of those two is off the mark. I don't think it's even a specific statement aimed at anyone in particular... just a general comment about people who try and worm in and play the manipulative game.

Sometimes this tendency to over-analyse leads people to the conclusion that they want to be led to. Fans who don't like Del or Team Brazil or whoever else will read a comment like this and interpret it as being aimed at the individual(s) they don't like. I don't think that's fair on Bumblefoot.

It is absolutely more than fair.

The guy pulls this shit all the time. He knows the drill. He's been employed by Axl for going on seven years now. He should have either elaborated on what he said a little bit more, or just kept his mouth shut. The fans shouldn't be the ones to blame for simply analyzing what he went out of his way to say. That's not fair on them.

This GnR line up has been together longer than the original, Do you consider it definite?

The only thing thats definite is that nothing is definite. Life isnt definite. People get sick, people die, people disagree, people need something else. And there are always wolves in the fold, usually not the people youd think one will always get in, manipulate their way into a buddy position, then try to weaken other relationships. Those people eventually show their true colors. Its fine, part of life Im in it for the love of music, the love of playing, and to give the best moment I can for the fans. And no one has the power to take that away.

talkin about himself
:o

He could be referring to anyone. The GN'R "entourage" is huge. Why would a band member or a member of Team Brazil have to "work their way into a buddy position"... they're already in a buddy position!

I think suggesting either of those two is off the mark. I don't think it's even a specific statement aimed at anyone in particular... just a general comment about people who try and worm in and play the manipulative game.

Sometimes this tendency to over-analyse leads people to the conclusion that they want to be led to. Fans who don't like Del or Team Brazil or whoever else will read a comment like this and interpret it as being aimed at the individual(s) they don't like. I don't think that's fair on Bumblefoot.

The guy pulls this shit all the time. He knows the drill. He's been employed by Axl for going on seven years now. He should have either elaborated on what he said a little bit more, or just kept his mouth shut. The fans shouldn't be the ones to blame for simply analyzing what he went out of his way to say. That's not fair on them.

Sorry, but HV bullseyed it: people lead themselves to the conclusion they want to be led to. Any excuse to rag on management, certain band members, people in the entourage- it's just so... fucking obvious.

There seems to be a misguided sense of entitlement going on here. Bumblefoot should keep his mouth shut because you're not happy about him being vague? Right. :jerkoff: Perhaps you may not be aware, but there are always wolves in sheeps clothing when it comes to rock n roll bands. It's nothing specific to Guns n Roses, it happens all the time. Bumblefoot's not saying anything that couldn't be applied to 100 other bands. Get over it.

Edited by brainsaber

Very well said.

Ali

With respect to you HV, not very well said at all and the other guy can I plain can't stand. And thanks to Bobbo for pointing it out. Try reading the interviewer's question over and over again until the meaning sinks in. He very very clearly asks about the LINE-UP. Not the wide entourage, deck-hands, crew, chefs, truckies and extended family members. He asks: "This GNR LINE-UP has been together longer than the original. Do you consider it definite?" I wont apologise for patronising you because it seems you had trouble understanding the question. The question he asked was about the LINE-UP. He asked about the LINE-UP: "This GNR LINE-UP has been together longer than the original. Do you consider it definite?" And then if you'll read over Ron's answer a few times you'll come to realise how unambiguously it flows from the question and that at no point does he imply he's being political and not answering the question directly and not commenting on the LINE-UP of people who are in the fucking band.

Here, let me help you:

The only thing that is definite about the LINE-UP is that nothing is definite about the LINE-UP. Life isn't definite and therefore the LINE-UP isn't definite. People, such as the people in the current LINE-UP of the band GN'R get sick, disagree, masturbate and sometimes people, such as the ones in the LINE-UP, might need to do something else other than be in the LINE-UP.

So stop trying to distort what Ron is clearly saying when he's clearly implying, as he has many, many times before, that all is not well in the band.

Very well said.

Ali

With respect to you HV, not very well said at all and the other guy can I plain can't stand. And thanks to Bobbo for pointing it out. Try reading the interviewer's question over and over again until the meaning sinks in. He very very clearly asks about the LINE-UP. Not the wide entourage, deck-hands, crew, chefs, truckies and extended family members. He asks: "This GNR LINE-UP has been together longer than the original. Do you consider it definite?" I wont apologise for patronising you because it seems you had trouble understanding the question. The question he asked was about the LINE-UP. He asked about the LINE-UP: "This GNR LINE-UP has been together longer than the original. Do you consider it definite?" And then if you'll read over Ron's answer a few times you'll come to realise how unambiguously it flows from the question and that at no point does he imply he's being political and not answering the question directly and not commenting on the LINE-UP of people who are in the fucking band.

Here, let me help you:

The only thing that is definite about the LINE-UP is that nothing is definite about the LINE-UP. Life isn't definite and therefore the LINE-UP isn't definite. People, such as the people in the current LINE-UP of the band GN'R get sick, disagree, masturbate and sometimes people, such as the ones in the LINE-UP, might need to do something else other than be in the LINE-UP.

So stop trying to distort what Ron is clearly saying when he's clearly implying, as he has many, many times before, that all is not well in the band.

No distortion, just a different interpretation than yours. Yours is not the "correct" interpretation. Clearly you are inserting the word "line-up" into Ron's statement at various points so that it will make the statement read the way you want it to. In effect, you are simply proving HV's point that, " this tendency to over-analyse leads people to the conclusion that they want to be led to."

He may be going off on a tangent when he says, "Life isn’t definite...". That interpretation is every bit as valid as yours.

After all, an implication is not an explicit statement by definition, so it is open to interpretation, and not unambiguously clear.

Ali

Sorry, but HV bullseyed it: people lead themselves to the conclusion they want to be led to. Any excuse to rag on management, certain band members, people in the entourage- it's just so... fucking obvious.

There seems to be a misguided sense of entitlement going on here. Bumblefoot should keep his mouth shut because you're not happy about him being vague? Right. :jerkoff: Perhaps you may not be aware, but there are always wolves in sheeps clothing when it comes to rock n roll bands. It's nothing specific to Guns n Roses, it happens all the time. Bumblefoot's not saying anything that couldn't be applied to 100 other bands. Get over it.

Sense of entitlement? Oh here we fat fuckin' go with psychological analysis over fuck all. I'm not saying some people around these neck of the woods don't do what you guys are claiming, but in this case, Bumble does nothing but add fuel to the fire. He has a past of talking shit and having it blow up in his face, so for him to be so vague as to who he's pointing the finger at is a rookie mistake on his end. He should have either been more specific, or just had stfu, because that does nothing but create speculation and start trouble. He'd be dumb as bricks not to comprehend that by now. I never made a definite connection as to who he alluding to, (because shit, who knows?) but if he was gonna talk shit, he shouldn't have left it so open ended for the hardcores around here to speculate. He should know better by now.

That's on him. Not us. Sorry.

Guest Gunns

Bumblefoot is a smart man, and based on experience, he knows that what he says may be misinterpreted by some, and potentially used against him.

I'm not saying Bumblefoot was intentionally being vague or obtuse with that statement, however it's clear that he is frustrated with how things have turned out in recent years, and he is not one to keep his frustrations close to his chest.

Its a double edged sword, he is open and transparent (as much as he can be) with fans, however some don't like that as it leads to speculation, although others crave for it.

Sense of entitlement? Oh here we fat fuckin' go with psychological analysis over fuck all. I'm not saying some people around these neck of the woods don't do what you guys are claiming, but in this case, Bumble does nothing but add fuel to the fire. He has a past of talking shit and having it blow up in his face, so for him to be so vague as to who he's pointing the finger at is a rookie mistake on his end. He should have either been more specific, or just had stfu, because that does nothing but create speculation and start trouble. He'd be dumb as bricks not to comprehend that by now. I never made a definite connection as to who he alluding to, (because shit, who knows?) but if he was gonna talk shit, he shouldn't have left it so open ended for the hardcores around here to speculate. He should know better by now.

That's on him. Not us. Sorry.

Uh... he's not pointing any fingers. That's what you don't seem to get. You just came to that conclusion, because that's what you want to believe. But by all means, carry on with your wholly unsubstantiated speculation, I won't get in your way. Go for it, to your little heart's content. You seem to be really fired up about it, so don't let me stop ya.