New Buckethead Pikes Discussion

Cosmo

• 2 weeks later...

Pikes 1-90 in the download store will be available for $2 each beginning this Friday, December 19th. Sale ends Sunday, December 21st.

http://music.bucketheadpikes.com/

I can't spend $180 for all the albums so, is there a way I can get a top 20 list from any Buckethead hardcore fan? I can spare $40.

I guess it depends on what side of Bucket you dig.. There will be a different list for mellow Bucket and for shreddy Bucket .. You should check out his forum called the coop I'm pretty sure there's a 'best pikes" thread in there which will help. My favorites would be "Its alive" , "Shores of Molokai" , "pike 65: Hold me Forever" , "Twisterland" , "Telescape" , "forgotten Library" , "Claymation Courtyard". There's some mellow stuff there but its mostly heavy riff based but a lot of awesome soloing

I can't spend $180 for all the albums so, is there a way I can get a top 20 list from any Buckethead hardcore fan? I can spare $40.

#1 It's Alive

#3 3 Foot Clearance

#5 Look Up There

#7 The Shores of Molokai

#11 Forgotten Library

#23 Telescape

#26 Worms for the Garden

#28 Feathers

#31 Pearson's Square

#32 Rise the Blue Lotus

#38 It Smells Like Frogs

#40 Coat of Charms

#42 Backwards Chimney

#51 Claymation Courtyard

#56 Cycle

#64 Aquarium

#65 Hold Me Forever

#66 Leave the Light On

#80 Cutout Animatronic

#90 Listen for the Whisper

Make sure you have #39 Twisterlend, since it's always been a free download

• Like 1

It's kind of hard to keep up with Buckethead nowadays, I'm just occasionally checking out what he's doing and he always has about 3-5 new albums (or pikes) out. It seems like I have to check at least pikes #90 and #95 out now. Last Pike which I really liked was Pike #65, there's some incredible stuff on that one.

I'm still hoping that Buckethead would release another album like Electric Sea, to me that's the kind of Buckethead that I really love even though I really enjoy listening to those kind of pikes that I've mentioned here.

Edited by Judezki

It's kind of hard to keep up with Buckethead nowadays, I'm just occasionally checking out what he's doing and he always has about 3-5 new albums (or pikes) out. It seems like I have to check at least pikes #90 and #95 out now. Last Pike which I really liked was Pike #65, there's some incredible stuff on that one.

I'm still hoping that Buckethead would release another album like Electric Sea, to me that's the kind of Buckethead that I really love even though I really enjoy listening to those kind of pikes that I've mentioned here.

If you liked Electric Sea, you'll probably like his latest pike Passageways.

Edited by Gackt

If you liked Electric Sea, you'll probably like his latest pike Passageways.

Yeah, this sounds excellent, Buckethead has done it again! Thanks for the recommendation(s)! :)

Coaster Coat (Pike 93) is awesome too.

#1 It's Alive

#3 3 Foot Clearance

#5 Look Up There

#7 The Shores of Molokai

#11 Forgotten Library

#23 Telescape

#26 Worms for the Garden

#28 Feathers

#31 Pearson's Square

#32 Rise the Blue Lotus

#38 It Smells Like Frogs
#40 Coat of Charms

#42 Backwards Chimney

#51 Claymation Courtyard

#56 Cycle

#64 Aquarium

#65 Hold Me Forever

#66 Leave the Light On

#80 Cutout Animatronic

#90 Listen for the Whisper

Make sure you have #39 Twisterlend, since it's always been a free download

Swap It's Alive and It Smells Like Frogs for City of Ferris Wheels and Outpost and that's about what I'd say.