Amazing FANMADE Silkworms Instrumental

ManetsBR

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I just got raped. That's how this makes me feel.

They tried to warn you when they said the world is not ready for this song yet.

Haha, yeah I remember that Pitman quote. Manets, since you've had this for a while, where did you get this?

Guys, I'm struggling to believe this is fan made. They've got the direction of the song perfect, even that little high pitched noise/snyth that goes throughout the song. Sounds like it was taken right from Rio/HOB

As you acquired the track Manets, why do you think it's fake?

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

Here's Pitman talking about it...

There's been a lot of talk about a Guns N' Roses collaboration between yourself and Dizzy Reed, on a track known as "Silkworms."

It has been confirmed that this track will not make the final cut of Chinese Democracy. Why is this? Does the track have a future as a B-side or future release?

I hope so. That song in particular that you are talking about, "Silkworms," it ended up being this incredible track that sounded like Guns N' Roses 10 or 15 years in the future.

It was so far removed from our other songs that we had to put it in this other place. Concept-wise, it didn't fit with Chinese Democracy.

We hope we will have other songs that match that kind of futuristic sound. It's a really exciting track because it morphs into this crazy sound, but it was out so much in the other direction that we have to let time catch up with it.

Guys, I'm struggling to believe this is fan made. They've got the direction of the song perfect, even that little high pitched noise/snyth that goes throughout the song. Sounds like it was taken right from Rio/HOB

As you acquired the track Manets, why do you think it's fake?

I think it's fake because I don't recall getting it on any kind of trade. When I got Better Gone I contacted a lot of people, but as far as I remember, there wasn't any successful trades. What I do know for sure is that I got it on the same time I was in touch with that kind of people.

I'm digging on my old HD here, I found a lot of shit. I'm searching for old MSN convos to see if I can shred some light on this topic.

When you listen to individual instruments, and maybe this isn't always reflected in the final product, Axl is capable of such killer composition. There's potential in everything.

I haven't even listened to it, but if it sounds professional, evader probably made it or had something do with it.

AiO, I don't think you would think it sounds professional. And Manets is correct, I had nothing to do with it. I would have slowed it down by 9.375% to match the live version, so that a human being could actually sing along to it. And I'd have used drum beats from the multis, among other things.

I haven't even listened to it, but if it sounds professional, evader probably made it or had something do with it.

AiO, I don't think you would think it sounds professional.

Why? Let's hear the words of a pro.

I don't know any pros, sorry. I just told AiO what I thought he'd think. Ask GNRSkidRow1. That guy knows his shit, and there are several others here that could give some quality feedback also. My personal opinion is that it is too fast and the drums don't sound too great. If you want me to load Axl's vocals into that mix and upload it, I'll do that for you.

Sounds amazing, evader! Great job, as always! Thanks!

I would love to hear the whole thing too. And I think it would sound better if Axl's vocals were higher.

By the way, I'm not high right now, evader. :lol:

Edited by ManetsBR