Who else doesn't want to hear unreleased material until an official release?

volcano62

When CD came out the only disapointment for me was I already heard more than half the tracks. If I could go back in time I would have not listen to any leaks before the album came out.

Then again many fans including myself thought the album would never come out so the leak temptation was unavoidable.

This time around I refuse to listen to anything until an official release.

Anyone else feel the same way?

my feeling is you don't know if a new release is coming soon. let's knock down the months. this is april. a new release april? probably not? then look at may and june. aside from appetite for democracy DVD, a new gnr CD release in may or june? probably not either. which knocks out the summer. which leaves maybe the fall at the earliest. but we have no indications of a fall release for a new music release. that leaves november and december. confidence either of these months? i have no idea. i don't have confidence anything gets released except the live concert dvd with current band members like richard fortus, BBF, and DJ Ashba.

If this was any other band then I'd probably resist the urge to listen to anything that leaked and wait for the proper album release. Thing is it's not any other band so it's likely that should we see any leaks there won't be an album release any time soon afterwards if ever.

When CD came out the only disapointment for me was I already heard more than half the tracks. If I could go back in time I would have not listen to any leaks before the album came out.

Then again many fans including myself thought the album would never come out so the leak temptation was unavoidable.

This.

If a GNR song leaks I'm going to listen to it. It doesn't matter when and in what context I hear new GNR songs. I will seize any opportunity to hear new stuff.

I don't reckon anything will leak unless done so intentionally.

No offence, but what does that mean? There is intent behind all leaks.

If a GNR song leaks I'm going to listen to it. It doesn't matter when and in what context I hear new GNR songs. I will seize any opportunity to hear new stuff.

I don't reckon anything will leak unless done so intentionally.

No offence, but what does that mean? There is intent behind all leaks.

I meant intentional from Axl's camp.

I somehow managed to not listen to all the leaks. I only listened Better and Twat.

Theres no doubt listening to the leaks ruins the experience for some. Imo, its better to save the demos for after the release.

I cannot deny that the leaks took away some of the longevity of the album for me personally.

But if anything were to leak now I would listen in a heartbeat. I could get killed in as car wreck tomorrow and never hear this stuff that I long to hear.

But I will always purchase stuff that leaks to support the band - jeez I must have bought 5 copies of Chinese

Also, I have to say that the leak episodes were very exciting. I know the band hates them, but as guns fans the wait is tough!

This.
:thumbsup:

If this was any other band then I'd probably resist the urge to listen to anything that leaked and wait for the proper album release. Thing is it's not any other band so it's likely that should we see any leaks there won't be an album release any time soon afterwards if ever.

this

I don't understand how the leaks ruined your album listening experience?

I literally listened to different versions of The Blues probably close to 2,500 times before the album came out. If the song is approx 4 minutes long, that means I listened to the song The Blues for 167 hours.

I will take my 167 hours of enjoyment over the 4-minute "thrill" of the initial listening to it on the album.

So if The General leaks tomorrow and I have to decide:

150 hours of The General over the next decade - and then get to also hear the album version

OR

0 hours of The General over the next decade - then get to hear the ablum version

That is a no-brainer.

While I'm listening to and enjoying it for years, you'll be sitting home NOT hearing your favorite singer sing..........

Axl is my favorite rock singer, I want to hear as many songs by him as possible before I die.

Sort of ironic - Warchild and Lolcano both idolize MSL........but yet they both are 100% against leaks.

Edited by Groghan

What "official release?"

Who in the hell know's if we'll ever get a new album by GN'R? If there is no intention at all by the band to release new music (or even the Chinese leftovers) than I welcome any and all leaks of unreleased material. I, like Grogan, want to hear music from my favorite singer and band. If there is music out there that allows me to do so, than I will do listen to a leak. It has been nearly 4 and a half years without any whisper of a new album. If The General or Soul Monster leaked tomorrow, I would listen to it in an instant. I want to hear music by my favorite lead singer, and if it's a full album, or a leak, I will listen to it. No question's asked.

I literally listened to different versions of The Blues probably close to 2,500 times before the album came out. If the song is approx 4 minutes long, that means I listened to the song The Blues for 167 hours.

I will take my 167 hours of enjoyment over the 4-minute "thrill" of the initial listening to it on the album.

150 hours of The General over the next decade - and then get to also hear the album version

OR

0 hours of The General over the next decade - then get to hear the ablum version

That is a no-brainer.

While I'm listening to and enjoying it for years, you'll be sitting home NOT hearing your favorite singer sing..........

Axl is my favorite rock singer, I want to hear as many songs by him as possible before I die.

Sort of ironic - Warchild and Lolcano both idolize MSL........but yet they both are 100% against leaks.

What you heard before CD came out was an unfinished product that was not meant for your ears. It's like a half painted Mona Lisa.

OR

That is a no-brainer.

Nope, wrong there miss thang,

I take issue with MSL's past activities and unlike the cowardly way you and your kind handle things, I told him that straight up.

Damn, you were wrong twinklepoof- time to backpeddle.

For the record I do not want/condone any unauthorized leaks in any form.

OR

That is a no-brainer.

What you heard before CD came out was an unfinished product that was not meant for your ears. It's like a half painted Mona Lisa.

Xactly- and what these needy/greedy "people" fail to comprehend is that it is not their intellectual property.period.

Guess the line about the *entitlement* issue goes here.

OR

That is a no-brainer.

What if there was a definate release date and the songs leaked a month or so prior. Would that make a difference?

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I only heard Better and Twat. Two great songs that held me over until CD came out. I'm glad I was able to hold out, for me CD seems to get better as time goes by. In other words, it hasn't gotten played out. If there are some leaks again I'll probably do the same, just pick one or two that sound interesting, and settle on those until the record comes out.

OR

That is a no-brainer.

Nope, wrong there miss thang,

I take issue with MSL's past activities and unlike the cowardly way you and your kind handle things, I told him that straight up.

Damn, you were wrong twinklepoof- time to backpeddle.

For the record I do not want/condone any unauthorized leaks in any form.

>

OR

That is a no-brainer.

Xactly- and what these needy/greedy "people" fail to comprehend is that it is not their intellectual property.period.

Guess the line about the *entitlement* issue goes here.

I don't agree with alot of stuff MSL say's. But all he was doing was giving the fans what they wanted, and that's new music from GN'R. It's not MSL's fault Axl's a perfectionist and if it wasn't for the label forcing the album out, Axl probably still would have never released Chinese Democracy.

OR

That is a no-brainer.

What if there was a definate release date and the songs leaked a month or so prior. Would that make a difference?

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I only heard Better and Twat. Two great songs that held me over until CD came out. I'm glad I was able to hold out, for me CD seems to get better as time goes by. In other words, it hasn't gotten played out. If there are some leaks again I'll probably do the same, just pick one or two that sound interesting, and settle on those until the record comes out.

If there was a definite release date for a new album, I would not listen to the leaks because it would be useless. I would just wait until the full album is out.

But, the different is there isn't a definite release date and we are kept in the dark as far as new music is concerned. Everyone say's something different, nobody seems to know what's going on. If we were going to get new music in the near future, and a leak came out than I would wait until the album. If a leak came out tomorrow when there's no new album in sight, than I would listen to the leak.

Not that anybody with an ounce of intelligence would take a rock n roll forum so serious that they would call people cowards, but I always speak my mind on this forum and have also told MSL how I feel about him - the good and the bad. But since you bring up the word cowardly..........what would you call somebody who has used 9-10 different screen names on a forum? Somebody that rotates back and forth from being a man or woman? Somebody who continually pretends to be somebody that they aren't? Sailway was a 50-year-old man.......Warchild was a woman.......janet? How many other screen names have you been? Remember when people figured out who you really were while posting as Sailway and how freaked out and mean you got - insulting everybody, saying they were lying and wrong and that you really were a 50 year old man...............You are CRAZY and everybody here knows it. Just a matter of time before you get banned yet again, and then come back under another fake name.

Volcano

Understandable point. But music and paintings are different.

Like I said in my example.

SOD is one of my 10 favorite GnR songs of all time.

I got to hear it roughly 2,500 times before the album came out. Over 150 hours of enjoyment.

THEN when the official album came out, I got to hear the finished product for the first time (awesome) and then have listened to that constantly for the past five years.

Axl is my favorite rock singer. I will listen to anything that is put out there that has his voice on it.

It's not like people are NOT going to buy the final product because they didn't like an unfinished leak they heard six years prior to the album coming out!!!!

I would never steal or hack into Axl's private property to acquire his songs.......but if somebody else leaks songs on the net, I would have to listen to them. And when those songs are officially released, I will, of course, purchase the album.

So you would take option one in my question?

1. Leak of The General comes out, you don't listen. Album wont be released until 2015.

OR

2. Leak of The General comes out. You listen to it 1,000 times over the next three years. When album comes out, you get to hear the finished product.

OR

That is a no-brainer.