Super rare picture of Axl on Rock in Rio III (2001)

ManetsBR

2001 axl looked pretty good at times and awful others. He had some weight at rio, but a healthy amount. Other pictures however he looked frail.

He should've kept the Rio 2001 look IMO. He looks ALOT like the 90's in this picture. 66707_539686479404777_920071040_n.jpg

He only had the bandanna on and the shirt off during PC and when he thanked Beta at the end.

Could be when he ran into the crowed and stopped singing because of all the mic problems....

lol, I remember that back in 2001 people were trashing Axl to death and pretty much everyone agreed that Axl's voice was shot and he was too fat. Buckethead was a joke and a souless shredder. Finck couldn't play Slash's solos and looked like an alien. Nowadays that concert might be one of the best - if not the best - GnR concerts of all time to a lot of people.

I am not pointing at anyone, but I remember that NO-FUCKING-BODY said that they were the definite new GnR lineup back then... they were a mess, a circus act.

If that same picture had 2013 watermarked everyone would be laughing at it, lol. Ridiculous pic showing an out of form Axl in his worst vocal era.

"lol, I remember that back in 2001 people were trashing Axl to death and pretty much everyone agreed that Axl's voice was shot and he was too fat. Buckethead was a joke and a souless shredder. Finck couldn't play Slash's solos and looked like an alien. Nowadays that concert might be one of the best - if not the best - GnR concerts of all time to a lot of people."

This is still my opinion about that time. A lot of things are better today. It bothers me though how Axl let himself go, looks wise. It would be a lot cooler if he looked a bit cooler.

Fingers crossed for the future.

"lol, I remember that back in 2001 people were trashing Axl to death and pretty much everyone agreed that Axl's voice was shot and he was too fat. Buckethead was a joke and a souless shredder. Finck couldn't play Slash's solos and looked like an alien. Nowadays that concert might be one of the best - if not the best - GnR concerts of all time to a lot of people."

This is still my opinion about that time. A lot of things are better today. It bothers me though how Axl let himself go, looks wise. It would be a lot cooler if he looked a bit cooler.

Fingers crossed for the future.

Dude was obviously not around when Guns N' Roses was around. ala... Paradise City, Giant Stadium. The Ritz. Etc.

lol, I remember that back in 2001 people were trashing Axl to death and pretty much everyone agreed that Axl's voice was shot and he was too fat. Buckethead was a joke and a souless shredder. Finck couldn't play Slash's solos and looked like an alien. Nowadays that concert might be one of the best - if not the best - GnR concerts of all time to a lot of people.

I am not pointing at anyone, but I remember that NO-FUCKING-BODY said that they were the definite new GnR lineup back then... they were a mess, a circus act.

If that same picture had 2013 watermarked everyone would be laughing at it, lol. Ridiculous pic showing an out of form Axl in his worst vocal era.

That's so true.... I remember that.... It's funny now many are praising that look/moment/concert...

great day for axl fans. can't believe it's the same guy.

2001 Axl is 1000000x times better than today fat fuck. The 2001 lineup is very good too.

2001 axl looked pretty good at times and awful others. He had some weight at rio, but a healthy amount. Other pictures however he looked frail.

He should've kept the Rio 2001 look IMO. He looks ALOT like the 90's in this picture. 66707_539686479404777_920071040_n.jpg

He only had the bandanna on and the shirt off during PC and when he thanked Beta at the end.

Could be when he ran into the crowed and stopped singing because of all the mic problems....

Never seen it before, thanks :).

Edited by Black Roses