Axl Rose mention in Rush induction RRHOF (by Dave Grohl)

merces

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did he say? Unable to watch it here.

He says rock n roll has always had mysteries: Paul McCartney supposedly having died, Robert Johnson selling his soul to the devil, "Elvis sightings, Jim Morrison sightings, Axl Rose sightings..." but the biggest mystery is when did Rush become cool?

Sixx sense took the usual weekly gnr jab also,its actually getting kinda pathetic on their part.

He should take some jabs at Casey Kasem. I've heard the radio version before, it's more music than interview.

Rock bands taking jabs at each other's nothing new. Mick and Keith are brutal about each other in interviews.

Now I kinda took the Grohl comment as if Axl hasn't been doing anything and hasn't been seen for ages, seeing as he compared him to dead people.He's only performed hundreds of concerts in the last few years,not to shabby for a so-called recluse.Maybe he's a functional recluse,yeah that's it,Axl's a functional recluse.Anyway I highly doubt Grohl's comment was intended in a complimentary way based on his previous Axl, Gnr comments.IMO

Edited by cbgnr

Now I kinda took the Grohl comment as if Axl hasn't been doing anything and hasn't been seen for ages, seeing as he compared him to dead people.He's only performed hundreds of concerts in the last few years,not to shabby for a so-called recluse.Maybe he's a functional recluse,yeah that's it,Axl's a functional recluse.Anyway I highly doubt Grohl's comment was intended in a complimentary way based on his previous Axl, Gnr comments.IMO

It was a joke.

It was a small joke, as Axl, overall, is still pretty distant from public view.

Weren't you given your sailaway account back? Why are you still using multiple accounts?

cbgnr is in full 'I love Axl' fan boy defence mode.

Dude, the world doesn't care he's done hundreds of concerts with a bunch of fill ins to pay the bills. Axl is a recluse. There's no argument.

It's just the music industry having another collective laugh at the joke that is Axl Rose.

It was a small joke, as Axl, overall, is still pretty distant from public view.

Weren't you given your sailaway account back? Why are you still using multiple accounts?

Boo boo are you obsessed with sailaway or something?Do you have nightmares?Or are you just a freak?

cbgnr is in full 'I love Axl' fan boy defence mode.

Dude, the world doesn't care he's done hundreds of concerts with a bunch of fill ins to pay the bills. Axl is a recluse. There's no argument.

It's just the music industry having another collective laugh at the joke that is Axl Rose.

Apparently someone cares if they didn't gnr wouldn't have done hundreds of concerts then,would they?"There's no argument Axl is a recluse".This is a really stupid statement and just shows you are an idiot,or more likely unable to understand what recluse means. So maybe you can come out of full on loser mode,and fuck off.Thankyou for your cooperation.

Edited by cbgnr

Because there was a small chance that a year later Dave Grohl might make a small throw away comment about him at Rush's HOF Induction? I thought it was because he was scared of seeing Slash and not getting his own way. Cheers for the clarification.

I was watching the fan recorded speech by Dave Grohl for the induction of Rush (ps I laughed my ass off :rofl-lol: )

(skip to 0.31)

good lord. this is exactly why axl didn't attend the HOF for GNR

I was watching the fan recorded speech by Dave Grohl for the induction of Rush (ps I laughed my ass off :rofl-lol: )

(skip to 0.31)

good lord. this is exactly why axl didn't attend the HOF for GNR

What, a person speaking about how awesome you are for being in the band people are honoring that night??