Are There People Who Became GNR Fans Cuz of ChiDem?

ChristmasFnatic

I was a casual fan of the old band. But once I heard DJ and BBF play the classic songs.............well, this new band just took all the classic songs to a different level. DJ simply owns Slash in every aspect of the guitar. This current band really does make the old band, who were full of drug addicts and alcoholics, look like grade A rank amatuers.

I'm super glad that the old band split up. Judging from the works of Slash and Duff's solo careers, one can only shudder at what a 1996 album would have sounded like from GnR. The mediocrity and chemical dependencies of Slash/Duff and Sorum would have drug Axl down to embarrassing levels. We are SERIOUSLY lucky as fans to NOT have any music from Axl from the 1993-through-1999 time frame. It all would have been horrible. Especially with the way Slash and Duff bullied poor Axl. They constantly enforced their will on him, causing him to be late to years worth of shows and turning him into an egomaniac prick. All because of they way those two abused him. MAKES me so angry.

Luckily Axl hired an excellent group of musicians to replace the old guys. And that band really created a masterpiece. Unfortunately, the majority of the music world was NOT intelligent enough to understand the complexities of Chinese Democracy. Also, the mainstream media are all biased against Axl Rose. And the label chose to screw Axl by ONLY spending 14 million dollars and waiting over a decade for Axl to finish it. Clearly Axl deserved an 19-million dollar budget and 15 years to complete it. The label was so stupid and biased against Axl.

So the album really never got the credit it deserves. Some people say that the songs just didn't excite people............but we all know that is false. People ONLY dislike the album because Slash is not on it, they are mad the old band broke up, and because they are jealous of Axl. Oh, and because they are too stupid to understand it. And it had no label support.

Luckily times two......Axl got rid of some of the dead weight from that second group. He got rid of the overrated Bucket and just terrible playing Robin, and replaced them with powerhouse BBF and DJ Ashba, who is probably the most talented guitar player on the planet. And not only is he a guitar playing mastermind, but he also designs and sells a top-notch clothing line called Ashba Swag. The man is just an all around legend, delighting us with stories of how much alcohol he can drink and how much ass he has kicked. This guy is pure Rock n Roll bad-ass. (If you don't believe me, just ask him - he'll tell you). Dj also sells cars. And was bullied as a kid. Axl also replaced the drummer.

Around the time that Axl put this true dream super group together, he also made a decision that lifted GnR to heights not yet acheived by any band in history (Or as Gary Busey likes to say, a place 10,000 miles higher than the top of heaven).

SOMEHOW Axl was lucky enough to win the career-lotto of having the most succesful and well known manager in the world choose to work with GnR. She also filled out the management team with her children, who are all no doubt extremely qualified for their positions.

Since snagging the super manager and her family, as well as securing the three latest members of his dream-team..............GnR has continue to rock the heck out of the songs created by the former bands. Playing them at a level that the former bands could only dream of. They have also set trends and reached goals that normal bands can only dream of..........playing for weddings, private shows for fashion designers, putting Axl's face on baseball trading cards along side Kip Winger and the girl from the Cherry Pie video. They have also released a killer concert video and a 3-D blue ray video, as well as several music videos from CD................but unfortunately, all the people out there who are in cahoots against Axl, have prevented those things from being released. Luckily though, being a paid member of the band's fan club has given me a chance to earn a one-size only tour t-shirt from last year, or a beach towel.

The band is excellent live and that is where I believe the majority of current fans have came from. DJ's hulk hogan poses and the way the current band plays all the former band's material...........it is all magical!!!!!!!!!! Again, the common rock fan just isn't sophisticated enough to enjoy the music, and that's why the band attendance numbers aren't that great. But to be honest, Axl could sell out 50,000 seat arenas in the US. He just chooses to play 3,000 seaters instead to give the fans a more personal experience. Slash plays small venues because that's all the tickets he can sell, Axl plays them because he wants to give fans their money's worth. Slash is such a media whore, with all his tweeting and playing the super bowl and winning a grammy and wearing his top hat on stage and releasing new music every couple of years!!!!! He could really learn a thing or two from DJ on how to promote your career without going overboard on the media whoring. Swag up baby!!!!!

We might not hear a new GnR album this year, and all the band members might be confused about when one might happen.......but that is all just part of the Beta and family master plan!!! Trust them, people. Their background in the music industry should calm all your fears and worries. They know what they are doing.

So to answer the question........yes, I'd say that the new band has drawn in millions of fans to the GnR fanbase.

bolded parts are true

LOL.........you are being sarcastic, right?

What part of the track record of recordings from Axl/Duff/Slash and Izzy would lead you to believe their next album would have sucked? Lies? Illusions? Appetite?

And I hate to burst your conspiracy bubble, but the entire world's media isn't out to get Axl. That continues to be one of the most ridiculous things that GnR fans cling to. You guys never stop and think that maybe......just maybe.........people don't like the music Axl has produced post the classic line-up. It can NEVER be that. If a critic gives a poor review, it is ONLY because they can't get past Slash leaving the band. It is so ridiculous that at times I can't tell if people are just saying that to be sarcastic or if they really truly believe it.

CD is not that bad, but I've never met anyone who's not a hardcore GnR fan willing to give it a second chance. It's taken me 6 years to fully appreciate Chinese Democracy, but most casual Guns n' Roses fans I know don't like it as much as they dig the old material.

I don't think there's a conspiracy either. It sounds too much like an Elvis is not dead/9-11 was an inside job/the moon landing was a hoax-type of thing to be true.

Not liking something, regardless of what it is, doesn't necessarily mean you hate it. Back when I wasn't into CD at all, I didn't exactly hate it. I just didn't dig it. But I've always been a GnR fanboy and I knew I'd give it a second chance... eventually, which I did. But a lot of fans out there can't indeed get over the fact that the old gunners are not in the band.

The most expensive cover band you can ever pay to see was the way a friend of mine put it when I asked him if he wanted to tag along when I had just bought tickets to see the band. And he's never listened to CD, because it's not the old band.

Would he like it if he ever did? I don't know. And there are many fans who just won't listen to it.

Is it a conspiracy? Certainly not.

But there is a little bit of contempt for Chinese Democracy out there.

Edited by TombRaider

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contempt for Chinese Democracy...

And at the end of the day they are entitled to fee that way. I get why people hate nugnr or call it Axl's band or whatever. This band IS NOT THE BAND MOST OF US FELL IN LOVE WITH!!! And that fucking sucks balls. I loved Guns n' Fucking Roses!!! They were the coolest band since Led Zeppelin IMO. And I think Led Zeppelin were the coolest, baddest band ever. But Zeppelin were gone in 1980, I was born in 81'. Gnr were a band that I remember watching most of my life. And in 1994, after the Interview with the Vampire sdt it was over.

WHY???

It's everybody's fault. Every single one of there's. They all got too fucked up and couldn't keep the shit afloat. We can get into who's more to blame and all that shit but it's not gonna change anything. I choose to be more on Axl's side of things because honestly he's always been my fav member. I don't hate those that choose to be on Slash's side either. But at the end of the day those two have to fix it before anything can happen. Slash is one of my favorite guitarists ever, and he always will be. I wish he never quit back in 96'. That's what started all of this, and Axl's been pissed ever since. Keith Richards told Slash not to quit. He said "Love Guns n' Roses more than you hate your singer." Was Axl being an egomaniac? Probably. But don't quit.

Despite all of this I will always be curious to the music Axl makes. I think he has still has a lot of artistic credibility. Once you lose that your career is done.

I think Axl made a really good album in Chinese Democracy, and I think CD2 could also be very good. I look forward to an Ashba/Bumble album more than CD2, if that ever happens. Because Axl hasn't made a ton of music, I think he still has some good stuff up his sleeve. Maybe I'm a fool, but why not?

I bet GNR got many new fans because of the Rock Band game. Surely plenty of people liked Shackler's and many people bought the whole album for Rock Band so they would have more songs to play. And by playing them they learned to love the songs. So yeah, at least in that way many people have become fans of GNR because of Chinese Democracy.

I was a fan of the hits-never listened to the entire AFD album or the others until recently, thanks to joining the site I purchased what albums I could find at my local best buy.

Still needling my way through but am glad I did :).

I cannot find ChiDem at my local best buy and prefer to have a CD instead of mp3's and will order that one.

I also do not have the live cd " lies, lies, lies " I think it's called ( forgive me if I'm wrong) or the cover album.

Just have AFD and UYI 1 + 2.

are you serious?

you should listen to the "HD" uploads on youtube and you're done. If it growns on you, then buy the real thing

Edited by Crash Diet

I was a casual fan of the old band. But once I heard DJ and BBF play the classic songs.............well, this new band just took all the classic songs to a different level. DJ simply owns Slash in every aspect of the guitar. This current band really does make the old band, who were full of drug addicts and alcoholics, look like grade A rank amatuers.

I'm super glad that the old band split up. Judging from the works of Slash and Duff's solo careers, one can only shudder at what a 1996 album would have sounded like from GnR. The mediocrity and chemical dependencies of Slash/Duff and Sorum would have drug Axl down to embarrassing levels. We are SERIOUSLY lucky as fans to NOT have any music from Axl from the 1993-through-1999 time frame. It all would have been horrible. Especially with the way Slash and Duff bullied poor Axl. They constantly enforced their will on him, causing him to be late to years worth of shows and turning him into an egomaniac prick. All because of they way those two abused him. MAKES me so angry.

Luckily Axl hired an excellent group of musicians to replace the old guys. And that band really created a masterpiece. Unfortunately, the majority of the music world was NOT intelligent enough to understand the complexities of Chinese Democracy. Also, the mainstream media are all biased against Axl Rose. And the label chose to screw Axl by ONLY spending 14 million dollars and waiting over a decade for Axl to finish it. Clearly Axl deserved an 19-million dollar budget and 15 years to complete it. The label was so stupid and biased against Axl.

So the album really never got the credit it deserves. Some people say that the songs just didn't excite people............but we all know that is false. People ONLY dislike the album because Slash is not on it, they are mad the old band broke up, and because they are jealous of Axl. Oh, and because they are too stupid to understand it. And it had no label support.

Luckily times two......Axl got rid of some of the dead weight from that second group. He got rid of the overrated Bucket and just terrible playing Robin, and replaced them with powerhouse BBF and DJ Ashba, who is probably the most talented guitar player on the planet. And not only is he a guitar playing mastermind, but he also designs and sells a top-notch clothing line called Ashba Swag. The man is just an all around legend, delighting us with stories of how much alcohol he can drink and how much ass he has kicked. This guy is pure Rock n Roll bad-ass. (If you don't believe me, just ask him - he'll tell you). Dj also sells cars. And was bullied as a kid. Axl also replaced the drummer.

Around the time that Axl put this true dream super group together, he also made a decision that lifted GnR to heights not yet acheived by any band in history (Or as Gary Busey likes to say, a place 10,000 miles higher than the top of heaven).

SOMEHOW Axl was lucky enough to win the career-lotto of having the most succesful and well known manager in the world choose to work with GnR. She also filled out the management team with her children, who are all no doubt extremely qualified for their positions.

Since snagging the super manager and her family, as well as securing the three latest members of his dream-team..............GnR has continue to rock the heck out of the songs created by the former bands. Playing them at a level that the former bands could only dream of. They have also set trends and reached goals that normal bands can only dream of..........playing for weddings, private shows for fashion designers, putting Axl's face on baseball trading cards along side Kip Winger and the girl from the Cherry Pie video. They have also released a killer concert video and a 3-D blue ray video, as well as several music videos from CD................but unfortunately, all the people out there who are in cahoots against Axl, have prevented those things from being released. Luckily though, being a paid member of the band's fan club has given me a chance to earn a one-size only tour t-shirt from last year, or a beach towel.

The band is excellent live and that is where I believe the majority of current fans have came from. DJ's hulk hogan poses and the way the current band plays all the former band's material...........it is all magical!!!!!!!!!! Again, the common rock fan just isn't sophisticated enough to enjoy the music, and that's why the band attendance numbers aren't that great. But to be honest, Axl could sell out 50,000 seat arenas in the US. He just chooses to play 3,000 seaters instead to give the fans a more personal experience. Slash plays small venues because that's all the tickets he can sell, Axl plays them because he wants to give fans their money's worth. Slash is such a media whore, with all his tweeting and playing the super bowl and winning a grammy and wearing his top hat on stage and releasing new music every couple of years!!!!! He could really learn a thing or two from DJ on how to promote your career without going overboard on the media whoring. Swag up baby!!!!!

We might not hear a new GnR album this year, and all the band members might be confused about when one might happen.......but that is all just part of the Beta and family master plan!!! Trust them, people. Their background in the music industry should calm all your fears and worries. They know what they are doing.

So to answer the question........yes, I'd say that the new band has drawn in millions of fans to the GnR fanbase.

Man, people will be pissed when they find out that you're being sarcastic.

What part of the track record of recordings from Axl/Duff/Slash and Izzy would lead you to believe their next album would have sucked? Lies? Illusions? Appetite?

And I hate to burst your conspiracy bubble, but the entire world's media isn't out to get Axl. That continues to be one of the most ridiculous things that GnR fans cling to. You guys never stop and think that maybe......just maybe.........people don't like the music Axl has produced post the classic line-up. It can NEVER be that. If a critic gives a poor review, it is ONLY because they can't get past Slash leaving the band. It is so ridiculous that at times I can't tell if people are just saying that to be sarcastic or if they really truly believe it.

-If Snakepit had been released as a GNR album, it'd have been shit. End of.

-You don't piss off one of the most powerful men in the music industry and get away with it with a clean record. I never said it was even close to the main reason Axl can't get anything done.

-The vast majority of negative things said about CD are said by bitter Slash fans who have no argument other than "it's not rock n' roll!". Most casual people I've shown it to think it's average-great.

Man, people will be pissed when they find out that you're being sarcastic.
Not sure why anybody on earth would get excited about his post. He used to post like that every 5 minutes and nobody gave a shit when he became bitter Groghan. :shrugs:

You obviously care DS, because you keep responding to it.

I apologize if my post hurt your feelings, little fella.

Maybe you just have to insult my post and myself, rather than the actual topic, because you know that my post is SOOOOO friggin ridiculous.........but that a large portion of people on this forum actually think it is all true.

I'm far from bitter. I've seen this band several times, I've said numerous times that CD is the best rock album of the last decade and just as good as either Illusion, and that I cannot wait to hear new music from the current band...........does that sound bitter to you? Did my posting style change a bit? Hell yes it did. Why? Because I got tired of being associated with people like Ali, Volcano, Warchild, Brainsaber and those that WORSHIP Axl's every move. People that think Axl is never wrong and defend his actions - no matter how ridiculous their stance is.

You can still be a die-hard fan of Axl Rose.......without worshipping his every move.

You obviously care DS, because you keep responding to it.

I apologize if my post hurt your feelings, little fella.

Maybe you just have to insult my post and myself, rather than the actual topic, because you know that my post is SOOOOO friggin ridiculous.........but that a large portion of people on this forum actually think it is all true.

I'm far from bitter. I've seen this band several times, I've said numerous times that CD is the best rock album of the last decade and just as good as either Illusion, and that I cannot wait to hear new music from the current band...........does that sound bitter to you? Did my posting style change a bit? Hell yes it did. Why? Because I got tired of being associated with people like Ali, Volcano, Warchild, Brainsaber and those that WORSHIP Axl's every move. People that think Axl is never wrong and defend his actions - no matter how ridiculous their stance is.

You can still be a die-hard fan of Axl Rose.......without worshipping his every move.

What in the hell are you babbling about now? Insult you? It's just an easy way to differentiate between 'overly obnoxious and whiney' Groghan and 'angry that he can't get his way' Groghan. I sincerely meant no offence. Insult your post? I said it was nice. What more do you want?

Don't worry about hurting my feelings there, champ. Better have tried and failed. I appreciate the concern though, even if it's wasted. :shrugs:

Well... when I saw GnR live a couple of years ago, there were people in the venue who were there because of Ashba and BBF.

Yes probably their wives and or girlfriends. Lots kids who didnt know any better or liked and loved them from wherever they came from before. People who knew them from YOUTUBE videos. You would have to be pretty damn ignorant to think they are and have been the juggernaut that put GNR into iconic space in the history of Rock and Roll.

If anythng, for me, CD made me less of a fan....I listened to it..i play it..but come on!Get real! Are YOU all really that convinced that this is the great and mighty GNR?

Ten years and counting since weve heard the new material and whhhhhoooooooopiiieeee the new music lights a fire under the ass of civilization like um say that ancient album AFD songs did.

I wish he never quit back in 96'. That's what started all of this, and Axl's been pissed ever since. Keith Richards told Slash not to quit. He said "Love Guns n' Roses more than you hate your singer." Was Axl being an egomaniac? Probably. But don't quit.

Good quote by Richards, BUT Guns N' Roses was not Slash's band anymore ever since Axl fucked them over by quitting the band to own the name, and handed them contracts to become his employees. This twisted move by Axl is what fucked Guns N' Roses.

Guest bellastar2355

I wish he never quit back in 96'. That's what started all of this, and Axl's been pissed ever since. Keith Richards told Slash not to quit. He said "Love Guns n' Roses more than you hate your singer." Was Axl being an egomaniac? Probably. But don't quit.

Good quote by Richards, BUT Guns N' Roses was not Slash's band anymore ever since Axl fucked them over by quitting the band to own the name, and handed them contracts to become his employees. This twisted move by Axl is what fucked Guns N' Roses.

I see you talk a lot of shit about axl and the current band (which i understand) but at some point did you like the buckethead line up or did you think that was shit too?

I'm just curious

Definitely good point about film scores. Its very consistent through out and i havent really realised that so clearly. I was more like this sounds like a movie than this is actually influenved by movie soundtracks. CD is like Pulp Fiction of rock history.

In axl's mind he was trying to keep the gnr name out of the wrong peoples hands. Their is a lot of shady shit that goes on behind the scenes that us fans have no idea about. The music industry is a really fucked up thing to be involved in. Look at john fogerty, he got sued for sounding too much like himself.

And as far as the whole "axl stole the name" thing their seem to be conflicting reports. Axl denies the whole "refused to play unless the sign over the name" story. I read slash's book and I don't recall slash even commenting about it. (Maybe he did its been a couple of years since I read it). What does duff say in his book? I haven't read duff's yet.

I think axl was trying to keep the band out of the hands of girlfriends, managers, and whomever else. If slash would of stayed everything wwould of worked out fine. It's like a coperation. Guns n' roses was going to become an actual company that all the members were employees of, including axl. Many bands have done this, motley crue Iknow for sure did. It helps prevent there being to versions of the same band, like la guns. Traci guns helped form guns n' roses, don't you think axl payed attention to what happened with that band and said that's not happening to gnr?

But that's all neither here nor there. The bottom line was slash was quit. Why people seem to over look that point baffles me. If he never quit we would of gotten a new guns record in either 96 or 97. Axl even stated that he was willing to put his cd ideas on hold and do more of a traditional record, because it would of been a lot easier. Bring it back home, it tastes good, fall to pieces, and this I love are a few of the songs that would of been on this album. Slash and axl are equally to blame for this not happening, peroid. Slash quitting guns n' roses fucked us fans just as much as anything axl ever did. The top hatted one is hardly innoccent in all of this.

d duff's yet.

I think axl was trying to keep the band out of the hands of girlfriends, managers, and whomever else. If slash would of stayed everything wwould of worked out fine. It's like a coperation. Guns n' roses was going to become an actual company that all the members were employees of, including axl. Many bands have done this, motley crue Iknow for sure did. It helps prevent there being to versions of the same band, like la guns. Traci guns helped form guns n' roses, don't you think axl payed attention to what happened with that band and said that's not happening to gnr?

But that's all neither here nor there. The bottom line was slash was quit. Why people seem to over look that point baffles me. If he never quit we would of gotten a new guns record in either 96 or 97. Axl even stated that he was willing to put his cd ideas on hold and do more of a traditional record, because it would of been a lot easier. Bring it back home, it tastes good, fall to pieces, and this I love are a few of the songs that would of been on this album. Slash and axl are equally to blame for this not happening, peroid. Slash quitting guns n' roses fucked us fans just as much as anything axl ever did. The top hatted one is hardly innoccent in all of this.

Axl trying to keep the band out of the hands of gf's managers etc? Doesn't sound like Axl. nuGNR is basically run by an adopted Brazilian family.

Slash quit because Axl fucked them over. Axl was the one that technically quit from the old Guns N' Roses, to get the name under his control.

• 1 month later...

I had half a dozen of old line-up GnR hits because a guy I was in love with in high school liked them (got into the chilli peppers the same way but in primary school) :D

Then, about two months ago, a friend played me a few of his favourite CD songs (CD, Better, TWAT, Sorry) and I was hooked. Proceeded to buy the back catalog on iTunes in a moment of weakness. I am now obsessed and appreciate both line-ups individually. However, my ultimate favourites are from UYI. I am going through a hate Axl phase, but I'll get over it in 24 hrs.

Beta-DJ for life, bro!!!!!

How do other fans not see this?

This team has accomplished so much more than any other line-up, especially the overrated drug-addicted original group. Thank God that we have the new group to play all those old songs properly.

Can you imagine if this current band had been backing Axl in the mid-80's????? They might have sold 500,000 million albums!!!!

Now thats how you show you are a NuGuns fan!

Did you actually say this Groghan???? one word for you my friend: FUCK YOU!!!!! PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!

Edited by gunnari

Way too much time on your hands! Christ.