I'd like to hear CD II, but I couldn't care less about ever hearing an album written with Bumblefoot. Does anybody else feel the same way?

Randy Lahey

I wish we didn't hear Bumblefoot at all in a possible new record. Listen to his music and tell me that would fit GNR. He's not like Buckethead who has hip hop records and acoustic and relaxing stuff. He's a generic shredder.

I agree. Best case scenario is that he quits and Axl removes his shred crap from CD II.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Double leftover-album would be glorious.

untouched by ron, dj and frank. i agree.

Once again we agree. It's an interesting day.

i think i like you, manets hahahaha. sorry if i was a little unpolite to you earlier. go easy with the brazilian stuff though. :)

Double leftover-album would be glorious.

untouched by ron, dj and frank. i agree.

Once again we agree. It's an interesting day.

i think i like you, manets hahahaha. sorry if i was a little unpolite to you earlier. go easy with the brazilian stuff though. :)

I'm trying to :lol:

I'd like to hear CD II, but I couldn't care less about ever hearing an album written with Bumblefoot. Does anybody else feel the same way?

What if Bumblefoot dressed like a pirate? Then I bet you'd want to hear it. I'm also pretty sure you'll be one of the first people to preorder a bumblefoot gnr cd even if he doesnt dress like a pirate. Actually im pretty sure you would dress up like a pirate if bumblefoot asked you to.

He's not like Buckethead who has hip hop records and acoustic and relaxing stuff.

"Rap & Hip Hop" / July 2005

Includes hip hop songs written/produced by Bumblefoot in 2002, exclusively for Carlin Publishing...

Bumblefoot "Barefoot" CD / Dec 2008

Barefoot is the first collection of acoustic recordings by Bumblefoot, re-interpreting his own songs in a stripped-down bare form. Featuring versions of songs from various Bumblefoot albums performed in an intimate, revealing way unlike they've ever been heard before.

http://www.bumblefoot.com/discography.php

See... you were just proven wrong once again. That's what I like about you - you keep saying inaccurate stuff and I can prove you wrong many times. Thank you for that. :hug:

^^ Agree on every count. Ron is a great guitarist and a brilliant songwriter. It makes me laugh when people say his solo stuff doesn't sound like Guns... it doesn't sound like Guns because it isn't Guns, it's Ron Thal. Doesn't mean he couldn't contribute something entirely different in a band setting.

I agree!! I couldnt agree more with you. Hes just ao average guitar shreder. I feel mothing with his playing. Same with Ashba. Cero feelings!

I only care about Buuckets-Finck songs. Only Richard Fortus reminds me classic rock on the way Izzy does.

Naw, sack the CD leftovers. I would rather a coherent release written by the lads in the band now, as long as someone keeps DJ's hair metal throwback stuff in check (but utilises his ability to play bluesy stuff). I'm really interested to see what Ron and Richard can come up with...

so you would choose band member relevance over music quality?

I'd choose a release which flowed over something cobbled together from 10+ years of sessions. The very best albums tend to be ones which work as a unit. And I certainly don't think that what Ron and Richard can come up with will be in any way lower grade than what Finck (who I never really rated) and Buckethead (whom I like, but not as much as Ron) could come up with.

You are correct - a new new album would be better for inter-band relations, possess more coherence, be more relevent - but we could be losing some potentially excellent material which deserves a release. That would be tragic!

If it was up to me I would have a quick 'two' album release with a year between albums: release the Democracy outakes (let's call it, CD2) as soon as possible (say, late 2013) then enter the studio and work on a new BF/Ashba album (CD3) for a late 2014 release. That way, the new band will be appeased (as they will be working on new material immediately), the Finck/BH material will get a release, it will increase Axl's - desperately - small discography dramatically within a mere one year period - everyone wins. Just so long as the band do not play anymore pointless Greatest Hits tours until the release of CD3 (maybe play one or two club shows in support of CD2, that is it).

It is the ideal solution.

Well a Finck/BH album would need very little studio time. Hopefully it would generate enough funds to finance some BF/Ashba sessions. And all of this touring must have generated some income.

Thing is though, we do not know anything about the current contract and current relationship with Geffen/Interscope (beyond, it seems frosty). We do not know how many albums Axl is contractually obliged to deliver. We do not know if Geffen would be willing to pay an advance against a future GN'R album or allow a tab at a studio as they did with CD. We just know that, up to the release of Democracy, there were negotiations with the label. That is all.

Presumably Geffen/Interscope must feel GN'R should serve an economic purpose, or they would drop them. This would entail another album at some stage.

Guest NGOG

If the rumors are true and Axl calls the next album Guns N' Roses, whilst it only features music from the bucket era.

There are no active rumours suggesting a self-titled release. You are referring to a very loose theory started by MSL during 2010 whuch never really gathered any momentum in terms of subsequent evidence.

Again regarding the sentiments expressed by Randy; I could understand if we had at least three songs to gauge the potential style of a record. But we don't, all we have are preconcieved ideas. Do you honestly think anybody could have expected what Chinese Democracy was going to be like pre-first leaks?