well, team brazil would probably say that being late is so rock 'n' roll...

if someone is dumb enough to buy a nugnr ticket (or a justin bieber ticket), he deserves to be treated like shit

What kind of logic is that? There is no one who deserves being treated that way by an artist, no matter who it is, even if they have a reputation.

Bottom line, unless there are health issues or some serious technical problems, being on time as an artist should be top priority. I once saw Jay-Z here in 2009 and he was scheduled to arrive in London at 10:30PM as he was scheduled to appear at Yankee Stadium and perform for the Yankees in the World Series. He had to fly into my little city and perform right after that performance. And he was here right at 10:30 as he claimed he would be.

That shit matters. People don't forget these things.

Edited by Zeppelin

If someone wants to be late at a club show, that's fine, but when they're playing arenas, there's a lot more involved and it creates a huge inconvenience for a lot of people. That whole "I'll go on when I'm damn good and ready" will turn fans off.

Bieber's at an age where he can't afford to take fans for granted.

There was a guy on Stern yesterday from SNL, and said when Justin Timberlake's on the show, it's just him, and he blends in with everyone. Bieber goes on the show and he's rolling with an entourage of 20.

well, team brazil would probably say that being late is so rock 'n' roll...

if someone is dumb enough to buy a nugnr ticket (or a justin bieber ticket), he deserves to be treated like shit

What kind of logic is that? There is no one who deserves being treated that way by an artist, no matter who it is, even if they have a reputation.
The assholes' logic. Notice that most of the time the same cupcakes that bitch and complain all the time are the ones that post such dumbasses "opinions".

LOL Bon Jovi

Why is that funny?

A guy who routinely puts out music for his fans.

Sells out concerts.

His fan friendly - communicates with his fans.

Donates tons of money to charity.

Runs a restaurant that is "pay what you can" for people down on their luck.

Ya...........lol at that guy. What a joke.

Is Velvet Girl a Bon Jovi fan?

Axl's lateness is inexcusable. Ditto for Bieber.

Exactly.

Respect your fans. Pretty simple stuff.

LOL Bon Jovi

Heard a rumor that Sambora left bonblowme's company, so to speak.

Always thought Jon was a joke, but Sambora did some more than decent harmony.

LOL Bon Jovi

Why is that funny?A guy who routinely puts out music for his fans.Sells out concerts.His fan friendly - communicates with his fans.Donates tons of money to charity.Runs a restaurant that is "pay what you can" for people down on their luck.Ya...........lol at that guy. What a joke.Is Velvet Girl a Bon Jovi fan?

Axl's lateness is inexcusable. Ditto for Bieber.

Exactly.Respect your fans. Pretty simple stuff.

Leave the personal attacks off, they aren't needed and drag the forum down.

G.G. has been around a lot longer than you guys and was one of the first invited to backplane.

Lol bonjovi

Jon's getting old.

My thoughts exactly. He is right though.

There is a difference with Bieber and Axl fans. Bieber fans are mostly children, you can't make them wait that long. Especially if they have trains to catch etc. It can be dangerous. Axl fans are mostly older, have their own transportation and can take care of themselves. However it's still wrong to let fans wait that long.

While we r dishing on BJ.......

Bon Jovi awoke at 2 a.m. to a phone call that his daughter, Stephanie, had overdosed on heroin.

The rocker recently opened up about the November incident, which he called his “worst moment as a father.”

“The first thing she said, I’m all right but then she said this is what happened. You wake up, you shake it off and put your shoes on and say OK, I am on the way home,” the singer told The Daily Mirror .

The 51-year-old rocker, until now, has remained silent for the most part on his daughter’s overdose and subsequent arrest.

The singer’s daughter was arrested on misdemeanor charges including possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and criminally using drug paraphernalia.

The charges were later dropped, the Daily Mirror noted.

Bon Jovi also clarified that his daughter, Stephanie Rose Bongiovi, was not injecting the drug.

“She was by no means sticking needles in her arms. But there’s a lot of synthetic stuff in the world and a lot of temptation and access and pressures that just a generation ago you and I didn’t know about.”

He added that he was not at all aware of his daughter’s drug issues.

“I feel it was a terrible tragic lesson of life but I thank God every day because she is whole. It happened and it has gone. I know personally people whose sons and daughters, where it was a lot, lot worse. That could have been Stephanie.”

Bongiovi is the only daughter of the “Livin' on a Prayer” singer, and is his oldest child with wife Dorothea Hurley.

Pitiful that a grown seasoned man -Jon Bongiovi- would call anyone that has nothing to do with his life an aasshole.

Bieber is 19. Both BonJovi and Bieber put out sappy meaningless music but if it makes people happy then fine.

I wouldn't go to either concert with front row seats and back stage access. I think JBJ image is vile. I do. I don't believe he is uber

charitable either. The most charitable acts are undisclosed.

I don't think it's cool to post that info about JBJ's daughter either. Overdose is a very near reality to loads of people.

They pop pills, go to sleep, and never wake up.

Why do you think Jon was talking about Axl? Because he's late to shows?

Dude, bands have been coming on late for shows for decades. Everytime I would see Rod Stewart and the Faces they would be over an hour or two late and then once they came on they would rock the house! No one seemed to care much back then.

Everyone by now should know that Axl and GNR come on late. livenation.com said "doors open at 9:00, show begins at 10:00". Here is Dallas there's a noise ordinance so the venues closed by 11:00 in most places. Axl is probably paying fines to do a show in Dallas. Most other places GNR come on near midnight. Everyone who is a fan should know this by now, so stop the bitching and enjoy the 3 hour show!

I saw Bon Jovi this year and yeah they played 3 hours, but I enjoyed GNR's 3 hour show better. I found Bon Jovi to be boring at times and other people around me were on their cell phones, texting and on their face book pages and twitter. I haven't seen that at a GNR show except for the fans recording the show with their phones.

While we r dishing on BJ.......

Bon Jovi awoke at 2 a.m. to a phone call that his daughter, Stephanie, had overdosed on heroin.

The rocker recently opened up about the November incident, which he called his “worst moment as a father.”

“The first thing she said, I’m all right but then she said this is what happened. You wake up, you shake it off and put your shoes on and say OK, I am on the way home,” the singer told The Daily Mirror .

The 51-year-old rocker, until now, has remained silent for the most part on his daughter’s overdose and subsequent arrest.

The singer’s daughter was arrested on misdemeanor charges including possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and criminally using drug paraphernalia.

The charges were later dropped, the Daily Mirror noted.

Bon Jovi also clarified that his daughter, Stephanie Rose Bongiovi, was not injecting the drug.

“She was by no means sticking needles in her arms. But there’s a lot of synthetic stuff in the world and a lot of temptation and access and pressures that just a generation ago you and I didn’t know about.”

He added that he was not at all aware of his daughter’s drug issues.

“I feel it was a terrible tragic lesson of life but I thank God every day because she is whole. It happened and it has gone. I know personally people whose sons and daughters, where it was a lot, lot worse. That could have been Stephanie.”

Bongiovi is the only daughter of the “Livin' on a Prayer” singer, and is his oldest child with wife Dorothea Hurley.

This had to be one of the most horrible things a parent can go through. I saw Jon on the Ellen show and he had no idea his daughter was on drugs. Not surprising since he's mostly on the road. He was lucky that his daughter got help and is okay today. It's hard being a parent especially with all the shit kids are exposed to today. You have to be really aware of your kids and their feelings and moods. it's hard but it can be done. Most teenagers go through a lot of shit. I'm pretty sure a lot of it is chemical with hormones and stuff, so sometimes it's hard to stay straight, but it can be done. Kids will show you signs you just have to look for them.

No parent is perfect. There is no handbook telling us how to raise our kids. We try and we do well and we fail. I found that being honest with my kids was the way to go no matter what they asked you. You have to be open to their questions and help them even when they don't ask. Listen to the music they're listening to. Know their friends. It's a parents's job to be aware of their kids needs and if there's a problem do your best to help and if you can't, get help. Your children are the most important part of you. you have to let them know that everyday of their lives.

I'm not a perfect parent, but my kids know they are loved because I tell them that every day.