Myles with Slash........life imitating art?

Naupis

I was watching the few videos posted in the cape town thread and it made me chuckle thinking about Myles essentially fronting the Illusions GNR and VR line-ups in the same night.

I am not sure everyone has seen this video from the movie Rockstar (many have) but to those who haven't does that guy Mark Wahlberg brings up on stage look familiar to anyone?

When you see how things have played out with his relationship with Slash this seen totally foreshadows much of what was to come in his career. It is kind of wild to watch in retrospect.

Yeah, between Alter Bridge and jamming with the Zeppelin guys, he had already made it...

Even in those cases, AB is basically Creed without Scott Stapp. Zeppelin was all the living members without Plant.

I am a huge fan of the guy, but it is weird how his career has morphed into a series of stepping in for a famous lead singer.

It is all the more ironic when you consider this bit part in the movie he played.

Yeah, between Alter Bridge and jamming with the Zeppelin guys, he had already made it...

Even in those cases, AB is basically Creed without Scott Stapp. Zeppelin was all the living members without Plant.

I am a huge fan of the guy, but it is weird how his career has morphed into a series of stepping in for a famous lead singer.

It is all the more ironic when you consider this bit part in the movie he played.

I think this is because (just my opinion) he is a good technical singer, amiable but a bit bland. Therefore perfect for joining bands where other members do not wish to be outdone and want no drama but also want to put on a good, credible show.

Even in those cases, AB is basically Creed without Scott Stapp.

That's the way they were initially seen, but they sound miles apart from what Creed was playing. Songwritingwise they've gone a long way to carve out their own identity.

Now I understand this thread lol. I watched that whole clip and didn't realise it was Myles.

same here

I've seen this movie in a couple of times, but never spotted it was Myles,loool

Actually he sang better in this movie than now :rofl-lol:

Edited by Crash Diet