Is Bumblefoot the greatest guitarist of our time?

Vincent Vega

Being designated a truly great and signficant guitarist involves the right combination of technical skill, style, and impact. Bumblefoot has no shortage of technical skill, but his style from what I've heard is an acquired taste and his impact is minimal. He isn't a household name and probably never will be. I like him in GnR but to say he's anywhere close to 'the greatest guitarist of our time' is absurd.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashba and his beautiful The Ballad Of Death will be

Absolutely. You and other two girls will miss him so much!

if you hate people just because they are better looking than you then you cant like many people
If you hate people just because they have better arguments than you then you cant like many people.

Do you even think before you post this non sense?

if you hate people just because they are better looking than you then you cant like many people
If you hate people just because they have better arguments than you then you cant like many people.

Yes, because your "argument" "You and other two girls will miss him so much!" was just stellar.

Yes, because your "argument" "You and other two girls will miss him so much!" was just stellar.

:rofl-lol:

Edited by mango_greyhound

I was making fun of his non sense and then he acted all butthurt and accused me of being jealous of a man that looks more stupid and emo than both Poison and Motley Crue put together for no reason. Ashba is a fkn amateur. That's why I dont like him. He's a poser. There's more than enough reasons to hate him as a musician and jealously is not one of them, unless you are an Ashba demented fan.

Oh, and I have no interest in your non sense blabbing as well.

I mean the guy can play in every genre, he makes amazing albums like Abnormal, he's an awesome singer with lots of range, he can sing in whistle register (99% of males can't), he's an awesome songwriter and he even makes great hot sauces as if he wasn't awesome enough already.

Is Bumblefoot the greatest guitarist alive, or of our time?

When has he sang in whistle register?

I was making fun of his non sense and then he acted all butthurt and accused me of being jealous of a man that looks more stupid and emo than both Poison and Motley Crue put together for no reason. Ashba is a fkn amateur. That's why I dont like him. He's a poser. There's more than enough reasons to hate him as a musician and jealously is not one of them, unless you are an Ashba demented fan.

Oh, and I have no interest in your non sense blabbing as well.

:rofl-lol: what a girl :lol:

I was making fun of his non sense and then he acted all butthurt and accused me of being jealous of a man that looks more stupid and emo than both Poison and Motley Crue put together for no reason.

I agree, you weren't presenting any argument at all, just insulting someone for no other reason than liking a guitarist you despise. That's sort of my point.

I mean the guy can play in every genre, he makes amazing albums like Abnormal, he's an awesome singer with lots of range, he can sing in whistle register (99% of males can't), he's an awesome songwriter and he even makes great hot sauces as if he wasn't awesome enough already.

When has he sang in whistle register?

@ 5:20 & 5:35

Just let your inner dolphin come out

:lol:

Edited by Bruno Poeys

Being designated a truly great and signficant guitarist involves the right combination of technical skill, style, and impact. Bumblefoot has no shortage of technical skill, but his style from what I've heard is an acquired taste and his impact is minimal. He isn't a household name and probably never will be. I like him in GnR but to say he's anywhere close to 'the greatest guitarist of our time' is absurd.

So you have to be a household name to be truly great? What a load of utter bollocks.

Someones level of fame usually dictates their impact, and the reason for this is that most people don't know jack shit about guitarists and they have nothing else to judge it on. Most people have a very fixated idea of what a guitarist should be and would probably take one listen to a Yngwie Malmsteen record and run a mile.

I couldn't give two shits about whether or not Ron Thal is a household name, and judging by the lack of commercial viability in his music, I'm guessing it doesn't navigate Ron's creative decisions either. But people who know about guitars, people who play the instrument themselves and enjoy listening to guitar-based music that goes beyond commercial rock radio, will and do recognise the true greats of our time, and like it or not, Ron is one of them.

Edited by Towelie

not sure, but miser is probaly the greatest poster of our time, at least in mygnr forum. he can make 10000000000000 threads per day.

I wouldn't call someone who is admittedly technically a good writer and able to fill his posts with thousands of letters, the greatest poster of our lives until he actually writes something that people are interested in reading and not just annoying crap and self-absorbed wanking.

Recomended songs from his album Abnormal, from 2008;

Abnormal, Glad to Be Here, Jenny B, Conspiracy, Guitars Still Suck, Spaghetti, Misery, Redeye, The Day After, Dash

To me this proves he´s an amazing songwriter and an amazing guitar player.

Abnormal, Glad to Be Here, Jenny B, Conspiracy, Guitars Still Suck, Spaghetti, Misery, Redeye, The Day After, Dash

amazing songwirter? glad to be here? :rofl-lol: not to mention the others...

nope he just mediocre

but i admit he is a great technically gifted guitar player

Edited by Crash Diet

No.

and Miser, you clearly stated in the past that you don't like bbf, so this is a cupcake thread

Miser? :lol:

Where did I say that i don't like Bumblefoot? I do like him - I just don't think that he is (one of) the best guitarist. Imo, he's average and in the current GN'R lineup is Fortus way better. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I didn't say "Glad to Be Here" is an amazing song. I basically said those recomended tracks together provides an amazing playlist, overall.

Edit; I agree Abnormal, has 5-6 pretty pointless punkrockers without any interesting guitarplaying, that's why I've sorted them out.

Edited by Fin

Music is very subjective, of course, but....

HOLY SHIT.

No, really, I mean holy shit. This stuff is absolute shit. If this counts as "amazing" songwriting, then please give me an example of bad songwriting. And is there any songwriting which is more "amazing" that this absolute shit from Abnormal? Examples, please.

I'd rank this songwriting as extraordinarily poor.

Neither. His solos often destroy Gnr songs live. He isnt a great songwriter. Jimmy Page is. Buckethead is way better than BBF in tone and songwriting.