Rocket Queen Could've Made It Big?

Gun N' Roses

Honestly, If Rocket Queen wasn't so explicit with it's moaning and sex noises, I feel it could've easily been a more radio friendly song. And let's be honest here, the radio makes songs a whole lot more popular than they would've been otherwise (Obviously).

Personally, Rocket Queen is one of my favorite songs by GnR. Do you think it would've been a more mainstream GnR hit if it didn't include the sex noises? Possibly Top 100 Billboard good?

Edited by Gun N' Roses

It kinda was big. Everyone knew the song, even though it wasn't released. That pretty much goes for every song except Anything Goes and You're Crazy. I remember all my friends knowing Mr. Brownstone, It's So Easy, Night Train, Out Ta Get Me, and My Michelle. Appetite was MASSIVE. Kids and adults alike, all got into it.

I like the version of Rocket Queen that's on the Live Era album:

Slash: "Alright, before we get into this next tune I wanna get some houselights on these fuckers! Can we do that?...Keep going! You can dance to this shit, come on!"

Mid-way through the song Axl says "smile!" and Slash goes into a voicebox solo.

Then in the outro Dizzy plays awesome keyboards and Slash adds some extra guitar leads that weren't on the studio version.

fucking awesome version!

Edited by rocknroll41

Slash: "Alright, before we get into this next tune I wanna get some houselights on these fuckers! Can we do that?...Keep going! You can dance to this shit, come on!"

Then in the outro Dizzy plays awesome keyboards and Slash adds some extra guitar leads that weren't on the studio version.

fucking awesome version!

This made me smile.....I should fire Live Era up again.

Back in '89, GNR could have released a track of fart noises and it would have probably made the top 100. Rocket Queen would have definitely been a huge radio hit.

You mean something like this?

By Roger Waters, founding Pink Floyd members and writer of such masterpieces as Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall

Honestly, If Rocket Queen wasn't so explicit with it's moaning and sex noises, I feel it could've easily been a more radio friendly song. And let's be honest here, the radio makes songs a whole lot more popular than they would've been otherwise (Obviously).

Personally, Rocket Queen is one of my favorite songs by GnR. Do you think it would've been a more mainstream GnR hit if it didn't include the sex noises? Possibly Top 100 Billboard good?

Moaning in music was okay for radio in the late 80s.

They probably could have done a Katy Perry and kept putting singles out. As far as "radio friendly", radio stations that played album cuts played it, but all that stuff was decided on by programming directors.

Ya' know I've got the album and have cranked it in my car and I cannot for the life of me hear the moaning "sex sounds". I wear hearing aids so some sounds are out of my range even with them on.

I don't hear them :max:.

:anger:

Hey, even if they edited out the noises it would have been a huge radio hit ( an attempt at a joke at my expense obviously ). :rofl-lol:

It was released as the b-side to the "Patience" single in 1989 so in a way it did get a little more attention than some of the other Appetite songs

i got that on 7". and the Nightrain 7. a family member sold them tho in 90s. Im scared to look how much theyd be worth now.

Ya' know I've got the album and have cranked it in my car and I cannot for the life of me hear the moaning "sex sounds". I wear hearing aids so some sounds are out of my range even with them on.

I don't hear them :max:.

:anger:

Hey, even if they edited out the noises it would have been a huge radio hit ( an attempt at a joke at my expense obviously ). :rofl-lol:

Haha, they're pretty noticeable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they basically make up the hook of the song. :P

Edited by Gun N' Roses

fucking awesome version!

agreed, i like the live version much more than the album version, altough it's not really my favourite from AFD

For the demos: i think they're not good enough even for a demo version, theres some lazyness on the demos

Edited by Crash Diet