The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Problem is while you have first refusal on the transfer clubs like City can and will offer Barca more and offer him a bigger contract. Must say though, will be weird to see him in a shirt other than Arsenal much like RVP when he went to United.

Do you think England will even get out of this group, as, England - for me - are third best team behind Uruguay and Italy. Uruguay is 'the cup final' as I could see the Italians playing for a draw. Grab a draw against Italy and win the next two would be impressive. Problem is, I could see Uruguay pulling apart that England defense; they will certainly possess well. One thing in our favour is, we also have pace.

Memorable dates in Manchester City's Illustrious History:

1937: Division 1 Title Winners for the first time, under Wilf Wild

1956: FA Cup Winners under Les McDowall

1968: Division 1 Title Winners under Joe Mercer

1969: FA Cup Winners under Joe Mercer

1983: Yaya Toure is born

1984: Yaya Toure's 1st Birthday

1985: Yaya Toure's 2nd Birthday

1986: Yaya Toure's 3rd Birthday

1987: Yaya Toure's 4th Birthday

1988: Yaya Toure's 5th Birthday

1989: Yaya Toure's 6th Birthday

1990: Yaya Toure's 7th Birthday

1991: Yaya Toure's 8th Birthday

1992: Yaya Toure's 9th Birthday

1993: Yaya Toure's 10th Birthday

1994: Yaya Toure's 11th Birthday

1995: Yaya Toure's 12th Birthday

1996: Yaya Toure's 13th Birthday

1997: Yaya Toure's 14th Birthday

1998: Yaya Toure's 15th Birthday

1999: Yaya Toure's 16th Birthday

2000: Yaya Toure's 17th Birthday

2001: Yaya Toure's 18th Birthday

2002: Yaya Toure's 19th Birthday

2003: Yaya Toure's 20th Birthday

2004: Yaya Toure's 21st Birthday

2005: Yaya Toure's 22nd Birthday

2006: Yaya Toure's 23rd Birthday

2007: Yaya Toure's 24th Birthday

2008: Yaya Toure's 25th Birthday

2009: Yaya Toure's 26th Birthday

2010: Yaya Toure's 27th Birthday

2011: Yaya Toure's 28th Birthday; FA Cup Winners under Roberto Mancini

2012: Yaya Toure's 29th Birthday; Premier League Champions under Roberto Mancini

2013: Yaya Toure's 30th Birthday

2014: Yaya Toure's 31st Birthday; Premier League Champions under Manuel Pellegrini

Edited by The Sandman
  • Like 1

Saw that Barca are willing to leg Fabregas go for £30m, question is will he end up back at Arsenal?

Cesc could return to Arsenal this summer. The player's agent, Darren Dein, has met with coach Arsène Wenger, who wants his former captain for his new project : http://www.sport.es/es/

Well Arsenal have first refusal on his sale, so if anyone makes an offer or he is put up for sale Arsenal will be notified over it first so it makes sense his agent might have met with Wenger to discuss that.

Guest Len B'stard

Saw that Barca are willing to leg Fabregas go for £30m, question is will he end up back at Arsenal?

Cesc could return to Arsenal this summer. The player's agent, Darren Dein, has met with coach Arsène Wenger, who wants his former captain for his new project : http://www.sport.es/es/

Whats it say there about Pele and Neymar?

Do you think England will even get out of this group, as, England - for me - are third best team behind Uruguay and Italy. Uruguay is 'the cup final' as I could see the Italians playing for a draw. Grab a draw against Italy and win the next two would be impressive. Problem is, I could see Uruguay pulling apart that England defense; they will certainly possess well. One thing in our favour is, we also have pace.

Uruguay were better four years ago. Their defense isn't the best and aside from Suarez and Cavani their squad is certainly lacking. They struggled to qualify and needed a playoff to do so, it will be a tough game but we should be able to get past them.

Guest Len B'stard

Uruguay were better four years ago. Their defense isn't the best and aside from Suarez and Cavani their squad is certainly lacking. They struggled to qualify and needed a playoff to do so, it will be a tough game but we should be able to get past them.

I think Cavani is overrated a bit.

Assuming that Suarez returns from injury in time too...

Friendlies mean nothing.

Just a one-off game played between two nations, right?

Sort of like a group stage fixture come to think of it...

I mean, they mean nothing in terms of predicting the eventual success of a team (or lack of).

Assuming that Suarez returns from injury in time too...

Friendlies mean nothing.

Just a one-off game played between two nations, right?

Sort of like a group stage fixture come to think of it...

I mean, they mean nothing in terms of predicting the eventual success of a team (or lack of).

To some extent, but they do help you to prepare - and if they're struggling against them, a truly mediocre team from a small nation, it doesn't exactly bode well... these are the games you really want to get started in.

I just think, the expectation, crowd, hype, outcome - and importance of that outcome - is increased to such an extent between, pre-competition friendlies and the World Cup itself, that little indication can be seen in the former of what will transpire in the competition. I am sure there are examples of teams, looking tasty in their friendlies, going on to have poor World Cups; there are probably even incidents of team looking indifferent in a friendly, going on to have an excellent competition - maybe even winning the thing.

Of course it is better to win your friendlies than lose them, but I am certain that the Italian and Uruguay practice sessions against the Irish are not an indication of, future events: they will be much more fired up when the show starts.

Whats it say there about Pele and Neymar?
pele said that neymar is still young and unexperienced. he should be protected.

Anybody remember the tweet last summer where Fabregas said he would never play for another club but Arsenal? Sure he posted a kissing the badge picture as well.

Fabricass could be a good signing, but I'm not convinced. Pretty sure it won't happen anyway.

Guest Len B'stard

Exactly, thats my problem, 'as good as Giroud', so it's two goods instead of an excellent and a good...and thats what you need when you wanna challenge for Da Silva :lol: