The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Athletico were brilliant, ran out of steam at the end ya know coz they fought to win the league against Barca. Missing 2 of their best players I am proud of Athletico. Can't stand Real Madrid winning they must be the most despicable team ever to win it. Bale was wank all night but scored a goal.

Real had almost double the shots/possession and almost every Atletico player got booked for fouling and that was in normal time. Brilliant is a bit of an exaggeration. Before Bale's goal, there was also clear cut penalty from an Atletico arm blocking the ball on Ronaldo's free kick.

As for being despicable, if you mean financially? Bit ironic you support City :P.

I agree though on Bale, if he hadn't scored that goal he'd have been the villain of the night. Was really wasteful and selfish in normal time.

Oh he was, he was marked well. Without Alonso they definitely miss that cutting edge, Khedira just wasn't good enough and Benzema is far too hit/miss. Still got love the outrage at some of the comments I've read over Ronaldo's celebration. It's not like he scored a goal in a Champions League Final, set an all time record for a season and was about to lift the trophy?

As for the 5 minutes added on in extra time, well that's what happens when you time waste. I think it was Felipe that dived after the 80-ish minute and spent 3 minutes rolling on the ground. He got substituted to waste more time and instead of going off the pitch they walked over to the pitch line and walked slowly down it on the inside of the field instead of crossing it for a full minute.

Poetic justice, I only wish more teams got punished for time wasting. I honestly don't remember a referee himself brandishing cards against it since Euro 2004.

Guest Len B'stard

Kroos dont want United, nor does Muller, no one worth a shit seems to. I heard, no joke, that they were in for Gervinho? :lol:

Kroos dont want United, nor does Muller, no one worth a shit seems to. I heard, no joke, that they were in for Gervinho? :lol:

Can't find it atm but there was a 'Rejected United XI' going round twitter the other day, quite funny.

Guest Len B'stard

I did actually, yeah. In one of our many golden eras, Arsenal were the fuckin' bollocks in the 30s. Still are :) First team to do the movie-business bit too, they had a film out in the late 30s called The Arsenal Stadium Mystery.

This was, 1936-1950, that Compton played for Arsenal, winning the 1948 league and the 1950 FA Cup.

Compton was notoriously absent minded. My favourite anecdote concerns the one where he forgot his bat at a test v South Africa at Old Trafford. Denis got an antique bat from the museum and made 158 and 71.

I did actually, yeah. In one of our many golden eras, Arsenal were the fuckin' bollocks in the 30s. Still are :) First team to do the movie-business bit too, they had a film out in the late 30s called The Arsenal Stadium Mystery.

Arsenal were bankrolled more than Man City and Chelsea together in the earlier years.