The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Anybody remember the tweet last summer where Fabregas said he would never play for another club but Arsenal? Sure he posted a kissing the badge picture as well.

Fabricass could be a good signing, but I'm not convinced. Pretty sure it won't happen anyway.

Was it a tweet or just some Daily Mirror report saying 'sources around Cesc say' kinda thing?

Costa has passed a medical with Chelsea.

Not to be a downer but with his dodgy hamstring how can they be sure? I mean he isn't 100% certain to make the World Cup so how can he pass a medical?

But then again Torres somehow passed one with his knackered knee.

Well that was shit (How many times were Lampard, Milner and Shaw dispossessed?). Only Chamberlain, Barcley and Lambett shone. Rooney - to give him his due - was not, too shit, I suppose, but I still think we should go with some other combo (around Sturridge) for the attack and keep Wayne on the bench.

PS

Why are you lot discussing tedious transfers when there is a World fuckin' Cup about to start?

Well yeah, this was pretty much a reserve experimental side so only Rooney will probably play come the start.

Looks like the Ox might have damaged his knee ligaments and might be out of the WC now.

And until the World Cup actually starts the friendlies are boring to talk about.

Guest Len B'stard

Well yeah, this was pretty much a reserve experimental side so only Rooney will probably play come the start.

Looks like the Ox might have damaged his knee ligaments and might be out of the WC now.

And until the World Cup actually starts the friendlies are boring to talk about.

Shame, he was one of the few lively chappies on the pitch for England.

Italy draw with Lux...

I watched most of it (but annoyingly missed both goals) it was dismal stuff, we have no chance of getting out of the group, there's absolutely no impetus, no passion, nothing.

Come on, we know better than to count Italy out just because they're playing poorly leading up to a World Cup.

Italy are the masters of peaking for the big tournaments.

Like we did in 2002, 2004, 2008, 2010?

In defence of Italy though, they've lost what twice in 90 minutes since the last world cup?

2012/2006/2000/1994/1990/1988/1982/1980/1978/1970/1968 (not counting 38/34 or Confederation Cup last year or Olympics) All years when they've been in the Semi's at least. Sure there's disasters, but there's always sparks in between. England would love that kind of record to screw up at 2 tournaments max in a row and then come back.

I'm not saying they do anything at this tournament and I certainly don't see them winning it, but still their record isn't that bad :P.

• Like 1