The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Remember the 'golden generation'. For seemingly the best part of a decade, this was the 'ideal':

Owen Rooney

J. Cole Lampard Gerrard Beckham

A. Cole Carragher Terry G. Neville

Calamity James

Never worked, did it?

unfortunately the owen and rooney partnership only lasted a few minutes before owen got that nasty knee injury

Guest Len B'stard

I never remember shit about tournaments when they are done, just miniscule tidbits, the way most football fans remember shit amazes me.

I never remember shit about tournaments when they are done, just miniscule tidbits, the way most football fans remember shit amazes me.

Anything to do with the fact your blazing it up or downing many pints during the games?

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, how much is it for Premiership season tickets these days I know it was £400 for St James but that was back in 1996 haha, (back in the glory days of Kev and Terry Mac). I have absolutely no idea but I imagine they have rocketed since them (as with, tickets for everything).

Guest Len B'stard

Anything to do with the fact your blazing it up or downing many pints during the games?

Well i remember em the next day or even couple of weeks but after that I don't seem to hang onto em. Very possibly though. You're a good example of what I mean actually cuz you're sharp as a fuck like that, remember bits and bobs from here and there. Unless you're looking em up but I'm pretty sure you're not.

Edited by sugaraylen

I think Arsenal are around £950, Chelsea and Spuds above £1000, not sure about the others. Pretty sure Arsenal were the cheapest of the Top 6.

Thanks.

I remember reading an article about pricing at grounds, and, rather surprisingly, the tickets you think would be the dearest (your big 4-5) are often not the most expensive.

The prices - season and individual tickets - have not risen, as badly as I thought (in tandem with gig prices which have risen to absurd amounts). There still seems to be some deals to be had in top flight English football:

The cheapest day out is at Newcastle United, at £23.20, while Cardiff City, Norwich City and Manchester City also offer a ticket, a programme, a pie and a cup of tea for less than £30. The Magpies offer the cheapest adult match-day ticket at £15, with the other three clubs selling one for £20.

It is the pie which is the selling point!

Not too bad when arena-level concerts range from £50-80!

The reason why I asked is I was wanting to compare the price of membership for Durham CCC with what the football clubs are charging these days. Admission to all home LV County, T20 and 50-Over matches (weather permitting, about 40 days of cricket); complimentary year book (costing £10 otherwise); players meet-and-greet at start of season; admission to the members bar and restaurant; priority booking on international tickets: £190. Almost glad cricket does not have the profile, football has!

Guest Len B'stard

The prices - season and individual tickets - have not risen, as badly as I thought (in tandem with gig prices which have risen to absurd amounts). There still seems to be some deals to be had in top flight English football:

The cheapest day out is at Newcastle United, at £23.20, while Cardiff City, Norwich City and Manchester City also offer a ticket, a programme, a pie and a cup of tea for less than £30. The Magpies offer the cheapest adult match-day ticket at £15, with the other three clubs selling one for £20.

It is the pie which is the selling point!

Not too bad when arena-level concerts range from £50-80!

The reason why I asked is I was wanting to compare the price of membership for Durham CCC with what the football clubs are charging these days. Admission to all home LV County, T20 and 50-Over matches (weather permitting, about 40 days of cricket); complimentary year book (costing £10 otherwise); players meet-and-greet at start of season; admission to the members bar and restaurant; priority booking on international tickets: £190. Almost glad cricket does not have the profile, football has!

I can just imagine you down St Ja...sorry, The Sports Direct Stadium, prodding through a meat pie with a plastic fork going 'I say, the quality of cuisine here is simply atrocious!' while some fat geordie schlepper rattles your eardrums with his belching :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Funny you should say that as I want to an Olympic match at St James and the quality of cuisine on offer did not look appetizing. The beer also tasted of piss. (that was the same match where I got anal raped my a geordie skinhead by the way).

Guest Len B'stard

Funny you should say that as I want to an Olympic match at St James and the quality of cuisine on offer did not look appetizing. The beer also tasted of piss. (that was the same match where I got anal raped my a geordie skinhead by the way).

I wish i hadn't asked now :lol:

At St James you have to put all your belongings in a little plastic bag before being searched by a big skinhead man-mountain gorilla! And you are not allowed beer on the terraces. Wouldn't go back to be honest. Shame really as the Rugby WC is there and I would not have minded seeing the All Blacks but, fuck St James.

Trust me, if and when England win another world cup you will remember every single minuscule detail :)

Guest Len B'stard

Trust me, if and when England win another world cup you will remember every single minuscule detail :)

Oh definitely! Here's hoping i live to be able to test that theory out some day :)

Oh definitely! Here's hoping i live to be able to test that theory out some day :)

Realistically, maybe the grandchildren will.

England will never win a world cup for the simple reason, that England cannot win penalties. With four knock-out matches to win, it is fair to say that a World Cup winner has to win at least one penalty shoot-out to lift the trophy.

England will never win a world cup for the simple reason, that England cannot win penalties. With four knock-out matches to win, it is fair to say that a World Cup winner has to win at least one penalty shoot-out to lift the trophy.

Heard that the England team were practicing penalties with empty goals and were still missing :lol:

Anyways I've made a World Cup thread http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/207733-the-official-fifa-world-cup-thread-2014/