The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Chelsea were pretty good last night. Pity they will lose to Man City next weekend.

Sorry, what? :lol:

Well Man City had beaten Chelsea 4 out of the last 5 with USA Tour games included.

I'm over the moon with the result and Torres' performance, still not there yet but getting better!

I would have put Dzeko on in the second half, all that the City were able to do in the first half was lump long balls up to Aguero. A stupid plan really considering he was up against Terry and Cahill to win the ball in the air, at least Dzeko could have been a more physical presence.

He's Blue! He's Green! He's an Irish Goal Machine! Jon Daly, Jon Daly!

Just back from my first away match of the season, 1-0 win over Stenhousemuir, on terracing in the bitter cold... Game was dire and fairly frustrating barring Daly's header from 17 yards which found the back of the net. Job done, onto the cup final! :D

Just back from my first away match of the season, 1-0 win over Stenhousemuir, on terracing in the bitter cold... Game was dire and fairly frustrating barring Daly's header from 17 yards which found the back of the net. Job done, onto the cup final! :D

I think you need to specify which Cup final pal. :lol:

But aye - always rated Daly.

Guest Len B'stard

Len, thoughts?

Nothing to say really, we got taken for a steamer good and proper. And that weren't even a full pelt Chelsea, that first goal was just fuckin' disgraceful to let happen, Matas was a belter though. After that Jack Wilshere tiki taka goal Arsenal have apparently gotten into that habit of trying to fuckin' pass the ball into the net and you can't be doing that with squads like Chelsea cuz they'll have you for fuckin' lunch…and they did.

It's weird but this Arsenal are like, at their worst when they're confident i think?

Edited by sugaraylen

I think you need to specify which Cup final pal. :lol:

But aye - always rated Daly.

Most of the posters in here regard all Scottish silverware with equal disdain, so I felt no need to clarify ;).

Len, thoughts?

Nothing to say really, we got taken for a steamer good and proper. And that weren't even a full pelt Chelsea, that first goal was just fuckin' disgraceful to let happen, Matas was a belter though. After that Jack Wilshere tiki taka goal Arsenal have apparently gotten into that habit of trying to fuckin' pass the ball into the net and you can't be doing that with squads like Chelsea cuz they'll have you for fuckin' lunch…and they did.

The thing about Arsenal is, they always try to walk it in.