Whose solo work sounds most like GN'R: Axl, Slash or Izzy?

Vincent Vega

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Slash's stuff, particuarly the Snakepit albums, is essentially a weaker version of the Appetite sound and style. So I would say Slash.

Axl is identical to what he uniquely brought to the Illusion era GN'R on the ballads. Streets of Dreams could slot in on UYI2. But, the rockers do not sound like GN'R.

Slash most frequently, Axl pulls it off a number of times, too. Izzy doesn't sound much like Gn'R at all. All are missing a little something though. The same happened with Beatles solo works.

I agree with this

Slash's stuff, particuarly the Snakepit albums, is essentially a weaker version of the Appetite sound and style. So I would say Slash.

Axl is identical to what he uniquely brought to the Illusion era GN'R on the ballads. Streets of Dreams could slot in on UYI2. But, the rockers do not sound like GN'R.

thinking the same

Slash most frequently, Axl pulls it off a number of times, too. Izzy doesn't sound much like Gn'R at all. All are missing a little something though. The same happened with Beatles solo works.

I agree with this

I agree with this

CD has all the dynamics, vocals, lyrics and some of that rage. Slash has the sound. First solo especially.

Axls lyrics and vibe seem a bit down for Slash these days. Im not sure if Axl can write freewheeling lyrics anymore.

They all sound like gnr in their own way... if you take each ones solo work and throw it in a blender, you get the 5 headed monster that was gnr

Axls got that voice and imo an unparalleled skill for writing the lyrics, which seems to stem from some fucked up, abstract way of thinking... slash has that dirty bluesy, borderline sleazy sound on lead guitar... duff had that Seattle punkrock feel... and izzy seemed a bit like slash to me in the bluesy sense but with a little more of a country feel to him

Throw all that shit together and what youve got is the greatist mix of rock n roll artists that have ever worked together... none of them could have the old guns sound on their solo work even if they wanted to, which imo, they dont

Voted Axl. I mean come on, Street Of Dreams is practically a UYI song, and Axl's voice is the Gn'R voice so that obviously helps.

Slash has his moments though. When I listen to Izzy's solo albums sometimes my ears catch that Gn'R thing, but it's under developed most of the time.

Edited by Rovim