I think it has always been ridiculous that GNR plays cover songs that are considered "staples" by pretty much everyone

phaeryen

I really like the Another Brick in the Wall intro....

KOHD sorta has to be played.

LALD is awesome the first time you see it live, and most people at the shows probably haven't seen the band before, so it won't be dropped. It's only 3 1/2 minutes long and there's a bunch of pyro, so even though it's never a highlight of the show, I don't mind it.

The Seeker was cool, but I'm fine not hearing it again. Rosie works sometimes, when Axl puts effort into it. They should keep KOHD, LALD and maybe Another Brick, and rotate Rosie/Nice Boys/whatever other cover they wanna throw into the set, so long as the total number of covers isn't more than 4 per show....

Why is everyone so mad at LALD? It's like 30 seconds long. KOHD is the real snoozer.

At least 1987, 2001-2 and 2006 KOHD were cool. LALD has always sucked, still sucks and will always suck.

Why is everyone so mad at LALD? It's like 30 seconds long. KOHD is the real snoozer.

At least 1987, 2001-2 and 2006 KOHD were cool. LALD has always sucked, still sucks and will always suck.

Axl screams LALD in 2002 were epic. No screams, then no poingt of LALD. Maybe the pyro, that's cool too.

Edited by Russel Nash

Axl screams LALD in 2002 were epic. No screams, then no poingt of LALD. Maybe the pyro, that's cool too.
Next topic, 'Just how good of a screamer is Axl?'...

• 1 month later...

KOHD is the only song with any real crowd interaction. I can't see that ever being dropped.it does go on for a bit abit long though. I wouldn't miss LALD. I would like to hear The Seeker though.

solo spots I think are a contract thing or a way of Axl thanking the band members

Each of them can promote there own solo projects, its another way securing them to the band, because they wouldn't get that crowd outside of the band. Also Ashba can freely wear his own clothing line, so beyond the paycheck the band have other reasons to stick around.

KOHD is fun live, but it doesn't need to be 12 minutes long. There's also no need to give every fucker in the band a solo spot.

I'd be happy to never hear Guns N' Roses doing "Live and Let Die" ever again.

This times 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Because in the time it takes them to do LALD, they could easily do Oh My God or something else.

39950633.jpg

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

agreed with you OP

but the sad thing is, many GNR fans doesn't even know that KOHD isn't a GNR track...

LALD is the worst cover they ever recorded or performed, the only good thing is the Axl long scream about that song

I disagree about the kohd comments. Maybe the casual fan, but if you're a gnr fan you would obviously know it wasnt written by gnr. And if you're a rock music fan in general, you would have to b pretty thick to not know its a bob Dylan tune.

That being said, I prefer lald in the setlist over kohd. Too long. Too slow. It'll never b dropped tho, as its an easy song to preform for axl.

Edited by drtydane

I've been a fan of varying degrees of many, many musical entities.

NONE OF THE OTHER BANDS OR MUSIC ARTISTS I'VE LIKED HAVE EVER HAD THIS KIND OF PROBLEM.

It's ridiculous. And it can only be understood if you look at it from some skewered "GNR perspective".

In the real world it's just insane and unbelievable.