Pretty Amazing Slash Story

Saltzy

Someone on another message board I go to just posted this story. Figured you guys would appreciate it.

"My old HS buddy was a bright kid, but borderline learning disability when it came to reading. A savant at music, though, but he NEVER reads shit because it takes him too long and is frustrating.

He and his wife left (from Rochester) this morning for a vacation, and he decided to try and read Slash's autobiography on the plane/vacation.

He was distracted from his reading at the airport gate.... when SLASH walked by. So he had Slash autograph his book.

What are the fucking odds of that?"

Pretty badass.

Edited by Saltzy

The part about your friend having a reading ability is completely irrelevant in the story. :shrugs:

So him having a reading disability and trying to overcome it by reading the autobiography of one of his heroes is irrelevant to the story? Man...fucktard.

When I read 'amazing', no offence, my expectations with regards the story were a lot higher than what your narration turned out to be.

When I read 'amazing', no offence, my expectations with regards the story were a lot higher than what your narration turned out to be.

Pmsl. Me too. It's a nice story but when I clicked I was hoping for a Slash is a secret FBI Agent/claims to have been abducted by aliens type story.

I think I pitch my expectations too high. Lol!

I was talking about ECW with a friend on the way to a Zombie concert in NY and almost walked into Kronus. Does that count?

It actually was kind of a cool story because we talked to him for a few min and he was talking about how he missed his train and Paul was going to be "really fucking pissed" and like 2 days later I read on the dirt sheets that Kronus was in the dog house with ECW for being late to a show after missing his train.

Would be an amazing moment a scene where a fan asks Axl to sign Slash book.

Come on guys if you see Axl you gotta do that.

I would not do that as a female. The guy for some damn reason intimidates me even across a computer screen but I do wonder what his reaction would be now that he's mellowed out. Heh, I'm surprised no one has attempted this considering the book has been out what, s few years?

Kudos to the guy reading despite issues. With perseverance it can be overcome.

Edited by Sheri_Rose