Why no more rants?

ManetsBR

If I'm not mistaken, the last rant was on São Paulo three years ago regarding the stupid MTV VJs that lied about Axl not showing up for the secret GNR gig at their club, Disco, because he had a coke overdose, right?

Edited by ManetsBR

Nijmegen 2006, Axl said; "people ask why I don't rant anymore, it guess, I'm just too darn happy"

EDIT: found the exact quote:

"Some people you know, you can make them happy about nothing, i talk too much i don't talk too much. Why doesn't Axl talk to our city more? Because i'm too darn happy" Nijmegen 2th july 2006

Edited by OptimusPrimeNL

Was that performance in Sao Paulo early in the year? If it was, the last 'rant' was probably at Reading when they cut GNR's sound before they completed the set.

Axl tends to scrutinize a lot of his own actions. When he came here to chat with the community in 2008, he expressed regret at the cheesy nature of aspects of Use Your Illusion. Maybe he now feels differently about doing rants.

A lot of the rants derived from his sense of frustration with the industry and Chinese Democracy in general, given that he is now focused on touring, without having to worry about record executives or a record itself, he is probably a lot happier.

This really also highlights the cutthroat nature of the GNR community. When rants were a staple of the set, many said why doesn't he use that time to play more songs or extend the show or the rants really sap the momentum of the gig. A few years since the rants have lulled or even vanished completely, you have aspects of the community complaining.

This really also highlights the cutthroat nature of the GNR community. When rants were a staple of the set, many said why doesn't he use that time to play more songs or extend the show or the rants really sap the momentum of the gig. A few years since the rants have lulled or even vanished completely, you have aspects of the community complaining.

This, but hey, someone always be complaining, even if there was a 89 lineup reunion, someone would still miss Frank.

You have a point certainly. While Buckethead, like Dj today, was a major draw for people going to see GNR in 2002; online he was labelled a 'freak' that wasn't compatible with the traditional GNR image.

Although Robin Finck in many ways made Chinese Democracy, he was lambasted for desecrating Slash's guitars live. The community also canonized him post-departure.

If I'm not mistaken, the last rant was on São Paulo three years ago regarding the stupid MTV VJs that lied about Axl not showing up for the secret GNR gig at their club, Disco, because he had a coke overdose, right?

same setlist, there is nothing about to rant Axl got a safe comfort zone, maybe got better stage/venue enviroment, "the most dangerous band" period is over, Axl isn't talkative anymore, lack of inspiration

tons of reasons

maturity is not his game. never :laugh:

Edited by Crash Diet

Axl's life is perfect. He's surronded by a loving family, CD was a success, he managed to fight aging and remain looking young and fit, and everyone loves new gnr. What does he have to rant about, his life is perfect....

In axl's little bubble, anyway.