Bumblefoot interview with Eddie Trunk yesterday on Sirius

Silent Jay

Ron seems pissed.

The situation is very bizarre. The band are desperate to record, the fans are desperate to hear new music... so what's stopping Axl???

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Lack of something meaningful to say/write a songabout?

Emotional exhaustion from the stress of CD?

Not wanting to relive the CD experience?

Label issues--Label not willing to fund or promote next album unless certain conditions of theirs are met, which Axl doesn't like?

Simply not giving a fuck?

Some combo of the above?

Could very well be the case

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron seems pissed.

The situation is very bizarre. The band are desperate to record, the fans are desperate to hear new music... so what's stopping Axl???

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Label issues--Label not willing to fund or promote next album unless certain conditions of theirs are met, which Axl doesn't like?

Some combo of the above?

lack of demand for a nugnr album ?

Hasn't stopped Slash. :shrugs:

slash still has his two balls.

Guest Manny Manner

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

and several uninspired records

Ron seems pissed.

I would be pissed too.

When the 01/02 band was around axl was always talking about how much great material there was and how exited he was to release it. Bumblefoot joined in 2006 replacing bucket and axl's enthusiasm deminished. I think it's pretty clear to bumble that this band to axl is just employees jumbled together to replace his 2002 "dream team".

Guest Manny Manner

Hopefully Axl is auditioning new guitar/bass players and getting rid of worthless-ass Pitman and Reed.

Rumor is Jimmy Page is set to join the lineup as the 4th guitarist.

lol @ people being surprised about this.

You can do it the easy way or the hard way, but regardless, you should probably just accept that Axl is not gonna do dick but tour for the rest of his career.

The only thing intriguing about him now is seeing how it's gonna end for him.

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

to have demand, you need to create it. put out new music, do cool video et c

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

:lol: Yeah, right in Perla's purse.

Madagascar, TIL and Twat are in my top 10 songs of all time.

I saw Bruce Springsteen perform last night and came away thinking, among other things, how he just made everything about Axl Rose and what he has done to the GN'R name a complete and utter fucking joke.

I've actually given up. I don't give a flying fuck anymore. How anyone can try and rationally defend any aspect of the situation is beyond me. He could have had the world in his hands again and instead he has a steaming turd.

lol, it must suck to be a fan of nunugnr. thanks god i only like real gnr.

Yeah, it's so much more fun to be a fan of something thats been dead for nearly 20 years and has zero percent chance of ever doing anything ever again.

Someday John Connor will send us back in time to relive the experience.

Hopefully Axl is auditioning new guitar/bass players and getting rid of worthless-ass Pitman and Reed.

Hopefully their names are Slash, Izzy and Duff.

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

and two boobs

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

Do a cool video? What decade are you living in? When was the last time anyone gave a shit about a music video by a rock band?

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

Do a cool video? What decade are you living in? When was the last time anyone gave a shit about a music video by a rock band?

there is this website called youtube, you probably have heard about it unless you are living in another decade.

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

there is this website called youtube, you probably have heard about it unless you are living in another decade.

Are you incapable of answering basic questions?

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

whoa, calm down idiot. go watch some MTV and rest a little.

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

whoa, calm down idiot. go watch some MTV and rest a little.

I'll take that as a 'no'. Don't worry about that 'idiot' jibe, if I was a semi-literate dullard who was incapable of answering questions I'd probably be angry too.

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

and two boobs

and a Myles Kennedy

How long do you think till BBF quits?

I honestly would be very surprised if he's here same time next year without new music.

He sounds incredibly frustrated here which has been the case every time I've seen him address questions about new GN'R songs.

He even says something like "see how the tone of my voice changes as we're talking about this."

He's very unhappy. And when he said they're doing some shows late in the year, he sounded like almost...depressed about it. Like, he was giving news that someone died. I mean, he sounds beyond frustrated. He sounds depressed and exasperated, now, where before he sounded angry and pissed off. Like, he's just getting increasingly tired of the situation as time's going on.

Now, I don't know Bumblefoot. I get the feeling though that he's not someone who could be held over by money. What I mean is, someone like Tommy would stay because the pay is good, and not give a shit. Dizzy would stay because, where else would he go? But I don't see Bumblefoot staying for another 7 year run just because the pay is good. But however, if he's still being treated for his back injury, he might need the extra money that being in GN'R gives you to get the proper treatments....

Maybe when his back is fully healed and when he no longer needs the medications/treatments to make it better, maybe that's when he'll leave, because he'll no longer NEED the extra cash putting up with Axl brings him....

It just seems like he's already sort of "over it". And the fact that he's been very vocal about his displeasure shows me he's not just some hanger on who is only in it for a quick buck.

I saw Bruce Springsteen perform last night and came away thinking, among other things, how he just made everything about Axl Rose and what he has done to the GN'R name a complete and utter fucking joke.

I've actually given up. I don't give a flying fuck anymore. How anyone can try and rationally defend any aspect of the situation is beyond me. He could have had the world in his hands again and instead he has a steaming turd.

Pretty much this. Saw Springsteen for the first time at Wembley a month ago, then again 2 weeks later. Unbelievable performer. Hilarious reading fans bitch about his setlists, I got 2 full albums at 2 3 hour shows, what more do those people want?! I don't know if I could get excited about another GNR UK tour. Would go see Bruce again in a heartbeat (seeing him in Rio in September), but I'm nowhere near as excited for new studio material from him than I am from Axl.

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

and several uninspired records

better than the one uninspired record axl and the fakeGnR made

Pretty much this. Saw Springsteen for the first time at Wembley a month ago, then again 2 weeks later. Unbelievable performer. Hilarious reading fans bitch about his setlists, I got 2 full albums at 2 3 hour shows, what more do those people want?! I don't know if I could get excited about another GNR UK tour. Would go see Bruce again in a heartbeat (seeing him in Rio in September), but I'm nowhere near as excited for new studio material from him than I am from Axl.

Springsteen's a true professional. He constantly switches up his setlists and even takes a bunch of fan requests each show. I wish Axl would show even a fraction of the passion Springsteen does.