Bumblefoot interview with Eddie Trunk yesterday on Sirius

Silent Jay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He basically said theyre all writing but havent gotten together in the same room to do anything. his mood gets kind of somber when Trunk brings the subject up. it around the 12 min mark

So where does the new songs new shows fit in then?

Ok I see. He means new shows coming and the band working on new songs. I read it as new shows with new songs. I don't think he is saying anything new is he?

He basically said theyre all writing but havent gotten together in the same room to do anything. his mood gets kind of somber when Trunk brings the subject up. it around the 12 min mark

Ok I see. He means new shows coming and the band working on new songs. I read it as new shows with new songs. I don't think he is saying anything new is he?

No nothing new.

And yes, more shows at the end of the year but NOT witth new songs. :thumbsup:

Ron seems pissed.

The situation is very bizarre. The band are desperate to record, the fans are desperate to hear new music... so what's stopping Axl???

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Lack of something meaningful to say/write a songabout?

Emotional exhaustion from the stress of CD?

Not wanting to relive the CD experience?

Label issues--Label not willing to fund or promote next album unless certain conditions of theirs are met, which Axl doesn't like?

Simply not giving a fuck?

Some combo of the above?

To me it sounds like NOTHING is happening in the GNR world....absolutely NOTHING.

its just gonna be some more shitty shows with the same boring setlist and micky mouse....

I really don't get what is sooo fucking hard for these guys to have a jam and make a fucking record ??

I think the band should record and release a few of their ideas with Ron or Tommy singing...I'd be happy with that until uncle fat head decided to get his ass out of the clouds.

No nothing new.

And yes, more shows at the end of the year but NOT witth new songs. :thumbsup:

I got my hopes up when I read the initial OP. Oh well.

How long do you think till BBF quits?

It's hard to say because we have no idea how much he relies on or enjoys the income and the opportunity to play to large audiences. If neither of those things are paramount to him and there is no album on the way by end of 2014 I would say it is a definite possibility.

Ron seems pissed.

The situation is very bizarre. The band are desperate to record, the fans are desperate to hear new music... so what's stopping Axl???

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Label issues--Label not willing to fund or promote next album unless certain conditions of theirs are met, which Axl doesn't like?

Some combo of the above?

lack of demand for a nugnr album ?

Ron seems pissed.

Writer's block?

Lack of passion?

Laziness?

Some combo of the above?

lack of demand for a nugnr album ?

Hasn't stopped Slash. :shrugs:

i dont think it is due to lack of interest. any gnr album is going to sell well(in this day and age where 30k copies land you in the top 10 on billboard)

i just think he will do it when he feels like doing it. sucks for the band members who obviously want to record, and want to make new music but i dont think anything is going to make axl do what he doesnt want to do.