Should we be begging for hoarders to leak something?

AndreCC

If we were guaranteed a new album on November 2014 would anyone NOT listen to any leaks?

No, I would still listen.

Nov 2014 is still almost a year-and-a-half away. We haven't heard new music from Axl since 2008.

I've never understood why people choose to not listen to leaks. People say it ruins the "first time" experience when they initially hear the album. Think about that statement. I listened to SOD probably 2,500 times before the album came out. What is more pleasurable for a fan of a band. Hearing a song 2,500 times over a six year period or that first 3-minutes that you hear a song? I'll take the 2,500 times of enjoyment.

If the leak is exactly like the final product - why wouldn't you want to hear it six years earlier? Or here it 2,500 times more often?

If the final version is different than the leak - then you haven't lost that "first time from the album experience" as you are hearing a different version! So 2,500 times of leaked version, and then you get the album version experience as well.

Well as much as I love CD when it came out I already knew 3/4 of the songs. It was very anticlimactic and unfulfilling after waiting so many years.

BUT you got to listen to those 10 songs for the past 1-to-7 years.

OK. Imagine it like your first time.

Your GF says "i'm gonna let you lose your virginity to me on your 18th birthday"..........but then you and her can't wait, and you end up doing it for your 16th birthday. And you make love every day for the next two years. Then your 18th birthday finally rolls around. Sure, doing it that day is anticlimatic and unfulfilling compared to if it had been your FIRST time. But would that first time be worth the two years of amazing sex you had with her already?

Like I said. Did I get some big excitement out of hearing SOD off the album for the first time? Nope. But the fact that I'd been listening to that song for 6-7 years and probably 2,500 times held more weight for me than listening to it ONE time in 2008. I'll take 2,500 listens over ONE listen every day of the week!!!!

Songs are a little different, because sometimes you like them right away, and some of them grow on you over time.

Sometimes leaks can work for or against a band.

Edited by dalsh327

If we were guaranteed a new album on November 2014 would anyone NOT listen to any leaks?

If it were guaranteed, I would promise not to download any leaks as long as they appeared on the album. If not on the album, then I will be a downloading mother fucker.

If you have ANY sense of pride AT ALL, you don't beg some scumbag to leak unreleased GnR material. It's what people like MSL get off on.

Well maybe that's been the problem all along...We start insulting people when we know they have stuff we don't have.

Maybe we should have a more humble approach. After all credit is due if they got something.

Yeah, that's totally what happened. :rolleyes:

Look, if you're sad that people didn't collectively start sucking your balls when you claimed to have all sorts of stuff, boo fucking hoo.

Same with MSL. All people like you and him did was draw shitloads of attention to yourself and never delivering anything.

I thought it was stupid then and I think it's stupid now. If someone has something and is willing to leak it, I'll download it as soon as I get the chance.

But if they expect me to kiss their hairy asses for it they can go to hell. I'm not that desperate for some demo's. It's called integrity. Look it up.

Edited by username

I'm not here to refer in any ways my previous attempts of getting songs. That's long gone!

Also i'm not referring to MSL either, since we already know he's not gonna share, but i'm sure there's more guys out there with songs and those are the ones i'm referring to.

We all know that a trade can go wrong at anytime, but instead of even attempting that, why don't we do an open invitation for this guys to come here.

Obviously "begging" is a way of saying it.

And what integrity? This is not your daily job...this is a public forum...so don't take things so seriously. It's not a life and death situation.

All i'm saying is that if i remember correctly whenever there was a leak, there was always this bunch of people who were never satisfied... Once the leaks happened they were all happy, as soon as they heard the songs and had it, all they did was to talk shit about the band, the songs and even the people that actually shared something with all of you.

I'll give you an example.... Skwerl dropped 9 bombs! You guys even cried when it dropped, but then all of a sudden when he got problems with the FBI, you all went nuts and if i remember correctly, there were people saying "i hope that motherfucker burns in jail", "I hope he gets a few years in jail", etc etc etc... There were even people coward enough to go to AntiQuiet and write stuff like that....Yet they were all smiles when the songs leaked, and were the first to download the songs...

I see a lot of hypocrisy around the GNR Community (sorry to say this but it's true).

Same thing with MSL, he went through days in a row to get those songs and everyone was happy with it when it leaked... 3 days later, they were calling him names, going to his website and doing all kinds of nonsense.

Most people didn't really give this guys some respect, and now we're all wishing there were more guys that could bring songs to us... (how ironic).

In any case i'm not starting this thread to stirr up shit...

But if you think about it, maybe we should show more excitement in the new band, and not shit on them on every thread we can. Maybe we should start making topics on the new songs and discuss them with enthusiasm.

Instead of just shitting on it even before it's released...

Maybe we should do an open invitation and welcome those people back again (the other guys who have stuff) and have them discuss with us.

We have a couple of years ahead with no music if you haven't noticed.

Edited by AndreCC

Not bothered for new songs.

I feel the sudden urge to insult you.

my opinion of unreleased leaks that they were not good enough for chinese so were left out. So take that one song you don't like on chinese (for me its 'if the world') and the leaks are going to be worse than that.

I believe there are other songs from the CD era but i don't believe they are anywhere near as good as what we've got.

Silkworms was a laughing stock a few years back, now it has this nostalgia about it..

That is one way of looking at it, but consider that November Rain could have been on AFD as it was written before then but was left out because it didn't fit, not because it wasn't good enough

No, emphatically no. IF You can't respect the work and emotional investment that goes into each composition, then that reflects issues on your part.

There are presumably other bands around that could satisfy your supposed hunger and over fixation as such a time that GNR releases are truly ready.

No, emphatically no. IF You can't respect the work and emotional investment that goes into each composition, then that reflects issues on your part.

There are presumably other bands around that could satisfy your supposed hunger and over fixation as such a time that GNR releases are truly ready.

Ok, thank you for your opinion.

I'm not here to refer in any ways my previous attempts of getting songs. That's long gone!

Also i'm not referring to MSL either, since we already know he's not gonna share, but i'm sure there's more guys out there with songs and those are the ones i'm referring to.

We all know that a trade can go wrong at anytime, but instead of even attempting that, why don't we do an open invitation for this guys to come here.

Obviously "begging" is a way of saying it.

And what integrity? This is not your daily job...this is a public forum...so don't take things so seriously. It's not a life and death situation.

All i'm saying is that if i remember correctly whenever there was a leak, there was always this bunch of people who were never satisfied... Once the leaks happened they were all happy, as soon as they heard the songs and had it, all they did was to talk shit about the band, the songs and even the people that actually shared something with all of you.

I'll give you an example.... Skwerl dropped 9 bombs! You guys even cried when it dropped, but then all of a sudden when he got problems with the FBI, you all went nuts and if i remember correctly, there were people saying "i hope that motherfucker burns in jail", "I hope he gets a few years in jail", etc etc etc... There were even people coward enough to go to AntiQuiet and write stuff like that....Yet they were all smiles when the songs leaked, and were the first to download the songs...

I see a lot of hypocrisy around the GNR Community (sorry to say this but it's true).

Same thing with MSL, he went through days in a row to get those songs and everyone was happy with it when it leaked... 3 days later, they were calling him names, going to his website and doing all kinds of nonsense.

Most people didn't really give this guys some respect, and now we're all wishing there were more guys that could bring songs to us... (how ironic).

In any case i'm not starting this thread to stirr up shit...

But if you think about it, maybe we should show more excitement in the new band, and not shit on them on every thread we can. Maybe we should start making topics on the new songs and discuss them with enthusiasm.

Instead of just shitting on it even before it's released...

Maybe we should do an open invitation and welcome those people back again (the other guys who have stuff) and have them discuss with us.

We have a couple of years ahead with no music if you haven't noticed.

We're obviously not even going to come close to agreeing here. Good luck begging hoarders though. But I'm not going to put up with douchebags coming here to act like internet celebrities and make the GnR section about them just because they claim to have a fart from Axl from 1997 on mp3. I hope the mods won't either.