So Fine ?

Mfegz

Each also has at least one track sung by other members of the band: lead vocals on "So Fine" are performed by bassist Duff McKagan - the song, that was dedicated to punk rock musician Johnny Thunders, who died from a drug overdose before the recording of the album.

"So Fine" isn't awful, bacardi. Rather, I should say I don't find it awful. It's clearly on the lower-rung in terms of Gn'R output, but it's nice as a change of pace, sort of like "You Ain't the First." A lot of people hate that one, but I've always thought it pretty cool.

its a great song imo... i remember reading somewhere that it was dedicated to johnny thunders

from wikipedia? :D

actually i think it was an interview with duff from way back when, but yeah i suppose its on wiki too lol i remember looking the guy up after i found that out to see who he was

I don't hate this song but whenever I listen to it I always think cruise ship singer. That's kind of what it reminds me of, I imagine a guy in a tux proposing to his girlfriend whilst the band plays on. It seems one of the most un GnR songs recorded.

Great song!! Love the Duff parts =)

Agreed. Don't understand the hate for it. It's even one of my favorites.

probably due to the fact that most people only care for the stuff thats predominantly axl or slash... i actually enjoy duffs solo stuff more than slashs solo stuff, but thats just me

probably due to the fact that most people only care for the stuff thats predominantly axl or slash... i actually enjoy duffs solo stuff more than slashs solo stuff, but thats just me
I really like Duff's current band Walking Papers, more than Slash's current solo stuff.

it is pretty meh. would be the weakest track on UYI 2 if it wasnt for my world.

You think it's worse than 'get in the ring' or 'shotgun blues' ? Well, I personally don't, well each their own, I guess.

Edited by MBRose

I really like Duff's current band Walking Papers, more than Slash's current solo stuff.

i was... and still am... a very big fan of loaded

You think it's worse than 'get in the ring' or 'shotgun blues' ? Well, I personally don't, well each their own, I guess.

yes

i just find it boring, get in the ring and shotgun blues have really bad lyrics(for the most part) but they dont put me to sleep :lol:

I bought the album and frankly it's very good indeed. One thing though, Duff is only a special guest on the album and he plays only 3 songs. I thought he played bass on all tracks but no...

Used to like it a lot more than I do now. Whoever brought up that cruise ship comparison is on the money. You love it because Duff is clearly having a great time, yet you are still a tad embarrassed for him. That being said, it's in a good place. A nice breather between the more experimental (for Guns N' Roses) "Locomotive" and full on grandiosity of "Estranged." It's a good little breather before plunging into the last part of the album. I'd compare it to a James Iha song on a Smashing Pumpkins record or a Rolling Stones song where Keith sings. It's just nice to have a reprieve.

I suppose it's also a sneak preview of what we would get on The Spaghetti Incident. I've always gotten the vibe it was kind of thrown on simply for the mere fact that Duff was ousted from singing "Get in the Ring."