The Breaking Bad Finale Discussion Thread [SPOILERS WITHIN - UP TO FINALE]

ManetsBR

Skylar was pretty bangable in the first three seasons. Then she started aging pretty bad, and by the end, looked like a completely different actress.

Watching the earlier episodes for the first time in years during that marathon AMC had leading up to the finale, I had to look twice to realize it was Anna Gunn.

I enjoyed the ending, but felt it was a little anti-climatic. They wrapped up everything too nicely for Walt. Saved Jesse, got money to his family, killed all the bad guys.

This is how I would have ended it.

Delete Walt’s meeting with Skylar.

Walt saves Jesse, gives Jesse the 60 million dollars.

Walt calls Skylar, tells her it’s over and he is turning himself into the police. And wants to swing by and apologize and say goodbye to her and the kids before going to the police.

He goes to the house and Flynn is standing in the doorway.

Walt walks up………………..both him and Flynn start crying………………….Walt says he is sorry and asks if he can come in……………Flynn ponders, cries and lifts his arms up to allow Walt to come into the house……………

As he starts to walk to the house and into his son’s arms………………Hank’s wife steps out from the side of the house with a gun. While Flynn shouts “nooooo”….she walks up and shoots Walter in the head and says "that's for Hank, bitch!"

Meanwhile, Jesse goes to his house to pick up some stuff and Badger and Skinny Pete are chilling watching TV. Jesse tells them he is leaving and says “take care of my car for me”………….Jesse disappears into the night, while badger and S-Pete go out to take a joyride in the car, where they discover Jesse has left them the 60 million dollars.

That's an ending that would have people talking about it!

*Shit*

About how much it sucked and what a disgrace it was to end such a great show with it?

Yes, you're correct about that.

Cool, so you disagree and you enjoyed the current ending. Which I found pretty silly and boring, and that nobody will be talking about ten years from now. "Ya, wasn't it cool how Walt rigged up that machine gun?"

I didn't like it because it was too predictable. We all knew Walt would die at the end, we all knew he was going to save Jesse and he would get away free, we all knew that that Walt/Jesse would get to personally kill the two bad guys at the end...........even that was ridiculous. The machine gun kills ALL the bad guys, except for the two that Walt and Jesse would want to kill personally. The ONLY thing that surprised me about the real ending was that I thought Jesse or Saul was going to end up with all the money.

But it's OK for you to not like my ending. Movies and TV shows are all personal preference. I would have liked a little more dramatic ending to the series and not the boring and predictable one that we go.

Would you have changed anything or did you think it was handled perfectly?

Edited by Groghan

*Shit*

About how much it sucked and what a disgrace it was to end such a great show with it?

Cool, so you disagree and you enjoyed the current ending. Which I found pretty silly and boring, and that nobody will be talking about ten years from now. "Ya, wasn't it cool how Walt rigged up that machine gun?"

I didn't like it because it was too predictable. We all knew Walt would die at the end, we all knew he was going to save Jesse and he would get away free, we all knew that that Walt/Jesse would get to personally kill the two bad guys at the end...........even that was ridiculous. The machine gun kills ALL the bad guys, except for the two that Walt and Jesse would want to kill personally. The ONLY thing that surprised me about the real ending was that I thought Jesse or Saul was going to end up with all the money.

But it's OK for you to not like my ending. Movies and TV shows are all personal preference. I would have liked a little more dramatic ending to the series and not the boring and predictable one that we go.

The rigged machine gun was my least favorite part. Thought it was cheesy tbh. The rest was great. I will not have the need to talk about the ending to this show in 10 years. That's irrelevant.

It's not that we all "knew" what was going to happen. If it was I'd never watch hockey because I know there will be a puck, there will be hits, the occasional fights and some goals scored. It's the beauty of the game that's interresting, not the result of the match.

*Shit*

The rigged machine gun was my least favorite part. Thought it was cheesy tbh. The rest was great. I will not have the need to talk about the ending to this show in 10 years. That's irrelevant.

It's not that we all "knew" what was going to happen. If it was I'd never watch hockey because I know there will be a puck, there will be hits, the occasional fights and some goals scored. It's the beauty of the game that's interresting, not the result of the match.

Bacardi - Oh, got it. I was just looking up some BB stuff on other boards and see that's what people are saying. And there is apparently some thought that the final episode was more of a Walter dream than anything.

++++++++++++

CheapJon -

Thanks for your explanation.

I respectfully disagree though. I think your scenario is exactly describing what I'm saying.....in a way.

The loose ends are the things you are talking about - the puck, the players, etc. The beauty of a hockey game is that you don't KNOW who is going to win!!!

I just think they tied up all the loose ends too easily and predictably.

The way they did it is like the Dodgers winning the 5th game of the world series to become champions, beating Detroit 7-2 to win the series 4 games to 1.

I'd rather see Yas Puig hit a grand slam home run in the bottom of the 9th inning of game seven, with two outs and two strikes, and the Dodgers trailing 5-2 - to win the championship.

Just a difference of opinion though. I understand your point.

Just finished season three. One of the best seasons. Hardly a bad episode. Worst episode: I.F.T. Best episode: Full Measure. "Your boss is gonna need me. 6353 Juan Tabo avenue apartment 6. Yeah."

Always see people talking about how incredible Half Measures is but to me, Full Measure was the episode of season 3.

Oh, and I didn't realize until recently - I.F.T. stands for "I fucked Ted". I felt stupid when I finally realized it :lol:

The machine gun was stupid, but they had written themselves into a corner when they introduced it way back in the beginning of the season. Todd's response to the massacre was awesome though!!

:lol:

I saw on Reddit a while ago where someone captioned a still that Todd was gonna say "Mr. White, someone hid a machine gun in your trunk!" :lol:

• Like 1