The Breaking Bad Finale Discussion Thread [SPOILERS WITHIN - UP TO FINALE]

ManetsBR

I just finished a rewatch, while listening to the Breaking Bad Insider podcast starting with season 2. If you haven't listened to the podcast, use it as a reason to rewatch. Lots of neat insight from Vince, the writers, and the cast.

Example: the cartel guy who brings Gus the cousins and Gus later kills is named Juan Bolsa. Juan is equivalent to John, and Bolsa means bag. The guy's name translates to Johnny Sac, an homage to one of Tony's foils on the Sopranos.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't believe it's been a whole year since the finale. My God time is flying by at a scary fast speed...

Right??? And i'm still trying to fill the BB void. GoT does a good job while in season, but right now there is nothing.

House Of Cards did it for me. Of course you can't really compare it since it's not a "tune in next week" type of show, but it's definitely the current show I've enjoyed most since Breaking Bad. But even how much I've rnjoyed House Of Cards, it doesn't really have the same impact as Breaking Bad. Whereas Breaking Bad really had an open-mouth-holy-shit moment almost every episode, I only had that same reaction once in the 2 seasons of House Of Cards so far.

Can't believe it's been a whole year since the finale. My God time is flying by at a scary fast speed...

Right??? And i'm still trying to fill the BB void. GoT does a good job while in season, but right now there is nothing.

House Of Cards did it for me. Of course you can't really compare it since it's not a "tune in next week" type of show, but it's definitely the current show I've enjoyed most since Breaking Bad. But even how much I've rnjoyed House Of Cards, it doesn't really have the same impact as Breaking Bad. Whereas Breaking Bad really had an open-mouth-holy-shit moment almost every episode, I only had that same reaction once in the 2 seasons of House Of Cards so far.

Took the words out of my mouth bro, I literally was going to mention House of Cards. I can't wait for Season 3, I think it's release date is planned for March? I can't fucking wait for that, that show is epic and is one of the best around right now. Spacey is fantastic.

Orange is the New Black? :)

Yeah, I just finished season one. Starting season two soon, might watch the first episode tonight :awesomeface:

• Like 1

Took the words out of my mouth bro, I literally was going to mention House of Cards. I can't wait for Season 3, I think it's release date is planned for March? I can't fucking wait for that, that show is epic and is one of the best around right now. Spacey is fantastic.

Orange is the New Black? :)

Yeah, I just finished season one. Starting season two soon, might watch the first episode tonight :awesomeface:

Yeah, Spacey is amazing on HOC. Like, I wouldn't have even been disappointed if he beat Cranston for best actor at the Emmys. Can't wait to see where they go with season 3.

I really liked Revolution when it was on. David Lyons, Billy Burke, and Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring) had unbelievable chemistry. The quality of the writing and the plot waivered at points, but the acting made up for it. Now that it's been canceled, I'm just waiting on Homeland to come back next week, though

with Damian Lewis off the show, I'm not sure where to get my ambiguous villain fix.