The Breaking Bad Finale Discussion Thread [SPOILERS WITHIN - UP TO FINALE]

ManetsBR

http://www.empireonline.com/features/best-breaking-bad-moments/p1

Good read, Empire's top 25 Breaking Bad moments. Can't say I agree with them all, but entertaining nonetheless. Got me thinking, what would all you guys put as your top 25 moments? Here's mine, in no particular order:

1. "I'm in the empire business"

2. The crawl space

3. Jesse shoots Gale

4. The box cutter

5. Walt's confession DVD

6. Walt blows up Tuco's place

7. Crystal Blue Persuasion

8. "Yeah bitch, magnets!"

9. Hank's death

10. Walt's last conversation with Skyler

11. Walt's phone call in Ozymandias

12. Walt lets Jane die

13. "No more half measures"

14. "I am the danger"

15. Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul

16. The RV showdown in the junkyard

17. "Tread lightly"

18. Mike's death

19. Gus' death

20. Jesse's problem dog

21. Hank on the toilet

22. Walt and Jesse's methylmine heist

23. Skyler in the pool

24. Gus wipes out Don Eladio & crew

25. The finale

Am I the only one who thought 'The Fly' was one of the best episodes of the series?

There's plenty of people who like it. I'd say it's the episode the fanbase is most split over, though. I appreciate it, I just don't particularly like it.

I didn't like it all that much - seemed like a filler episode. However, I've only seen it once.

Edited by Coma16

I'll probably go back and give the podcasts for the second half of season 5 a listen. I think I want to watch the series again in about a year with the commentary and aftershow podcast the next go round.

To me it was the ultimate "the action is the juice" ending. You kick ass and make money just for the sake of it and make sure your family are safe. Thats all you can do.

Dexter will never change, hes still out there cutting up lumberjacks.

Both Walt and Dexter had to die to save they family.

Its obviously imperial propanganda.

I don't know if Dexter was a long haul driver where he would be able to kill at random truck stops because he's not under Harry's Code anymore.

Walt knew the end was inevitable, but the show was about him going from the nerdy nice guy schoolteacher who was pushed around most of his life, into a full on outlaw.

He rejected his former partners' money in the beginning, and then forced their hand to give up their millions.

The question I had was why was Walt Jr/Flynn not to know his dad didn't kill his Uncle Hank?

To me the dexter ending was he had to give up his family so they dont get hurt. And he was going to continue killing. But the last shot gave the impression that he had changed he was just going to kill because the other way didnt work out so well.

I think Dexter will have a reason to go back to Miami again.

i could see another season. His sister could pull herself out of the ocean. Or it all starts again in the lumberyard.

Am I the only one who thought 'The Fly' was one of the best episodes of the series?

There's plenty of people who like it. I'd say it's the episode the fanbase is most split over, though. I appreciate it, I just don't particularly like it.

I didn't like it all that much - seemed like a filler episode. However, I've only seen it once.

That's how I felt after only watching it once. Watching it a second time and not having the shock of how radically different it is to any other episode of Breaking Bad, it wasn't so bad.

Nope, I definitely thought it was one of the best of the "Gus era" and more important to the overall series than most fans give it credit for. Until that episode we were never really given any clue as to how much Walt cared for what he was doing beyond the repeated "its for my family" shit, plus it was a nice break from the main plot which felt necessary given the stress Walt and Jesse were under at the time, it was cool to see their characters at work "as a fly on the wall" (no pun intended) and it helped make their situation feel a little bit more real. I get why some fans don't like it, especially if you first saw it when it aired and you spent all week anticipating an episode with more plot developement, I thought it was great though.

Edited by sweetness

I think Walt's broke. Unless he gets his money from the Nazis, he spent his last $100 at Denny's.

I was close. That was the last of the money he had.

Finished season two. Favorite episode I think I'll say Better Call Saul. The Badger scenes were gold. Least favorite definitely Peekaboo.

Edited by luciusfunk
  • Like 1

I'm watching season 2 again now. Skyler's tits are a lot better than I remembered.

Main problem is that during the filming for season five Anna was quite ill and the treatment of steroid she was on caused her to gain weight and not look as good compared to earlier seasons, she is now better and the pictures of her from the Emmys a couple of weeks ago have her looking fantastic!