Should we bring back Slash or bring back Robin?

Gunzen

Robin is the guy who wrote the intro of Better?..

Yeah, I'll take Slash.

Yes, cause the intro of the song is what defines Robin's ability as a songwriter and not the rest of Better.

I don't like the song as a whole... and is "Better" better than Welcome to the jungle? Better than Civil War? Better than Coma? Better than.....

I like the intro and the song, but when did I say Better was better then all of those songs?

The question this thread presented was who to bring back now was it not? Are you telling me Slash's output post Guns was as good as WTTJ, Civil War, and Coma?

Are you trolling me or something? I can't tell.

I was asking a question, but I don't understand yours. No that's not what I'm saying. You trolling?

But if you ask me, I think Starlight, Nothing to say, Ghost, Anastasia, just to name a few, are still better (to my ears) than anything Robin ever wrote.

Why did you asked me that question though? Why would it be relevant if Better is better then WTTJ, Civil War, or Coma, if you didn't insinuate Slash will write songs on that caliber if he returned to Guns?

Only now you compare songs from Slash's post Guns career which is much more logical (unlike your tendency to judge songwriters by the intro of one song they wrote, which is just really an excuse to discredit them cause you don't like their music in the first place so why not just say that?)

Btw, to my ears, Slash's post Guns material don't even come close to Better in quality, but that's a matter of taste so whatever.

Ok, it's all about taste. It's just my opinion but to prefer Robin over Slash is kind of ridiculous. to me... 99% of people on this forum are here because AFD, Lies and both UYI were so great, so I don't understand why would anyone would bring back Robin instead of Slash.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin is the guy who wrote the intro of Better?..

Yeah, I'll take Slash.

Yes, cause the intro of the song is what defines Robin's ability as a songwriter and not the rest of Better.

I don't like the song as a whole... and is "Better" better than Welcome to the jungle? Better than Civil War? Better than Coma? Better than.....

I like the intro and the song, but when did I say Better was better then all of those songs?

The question this thread presented was who to bring back now was it not? Are you telling me Slash's output post Guns was as good as WTTJ, Civil War, and Coma?

Are you trolling me or something? I can't tell.

I was asking a question, but I don't understand yours. No that's not what I'm saying. You trolling?

But if you ask me, I think Starlight, Nothing to say, Ghost, Anastasia, just to name a few, are still better (to my ears) than anything Robin ever wrote.

Why did you asked me that question though? Why would it be relevant if Better is better then WTTJ, Civil War, or Coma, if you didn't insinuate Slash will write songs on that caliber if he returned to Guns?

Only now you compare songs from Slash's post Guns career which is much more logical (unlike your tendency to judge songwriters by the intro of one song they wrote, which is just really an excuse to discredit them cause you don't like their music in the first place so why not just say that?)

Btw, to my ears, Slash's post Guns material don't even come close to Better in quality, but that's a matter of taste so whatever.

Ok, it's all about taste. It's just my opinion but to prefer Robin over Slash is kind of ridiculous. to me... 99% of people on this forum are here because AFD, Lies and both UYI were so great, so I don't understand why would anyone would bring back Robin instead of Slash.

This is the problem: you assume I prefer Robin over Slash, and that I want Robin back instead of Slash and I never said those things. Slash is my favorite Guns lead guitarist and I'm here because of AFD, Lies and UYI.

I also happen to be here cause I love Chinese, and I'm a big fan of Robin. And no, to prefer Robin over Slash, Matt over Adler, or Gilby over Izzy is not ridiculous. The only thing that's ridiculous here is the lack of acceptance.

There might be new fans that first heard Chinese or whatever and prefer Robin over Slash and would want him back in the band. Big deal.

Everyone has their favorites, and even though Slash did the most for Guns and will always be identified as the 'real' guitar player from the classic incarnation, some of the guitarists that were in Guns did their own cool thing so fans of them and different incarnations of the band are just as valid. Nothing ridiculous about that.

Edited by Rovim

Glad to know I'm not crazy. It would be like asking whether you'd rather see McCartney reform with Lennon (assuming he was still alive) or still play with the nobody guitarist he has now.

Yes, because Slash is at McCartney's level.

(Oh, someone already replied to that insane post :lol:)

Slash is definitely comparable to a Beatle. ROCK ON DUDE!

This comparison is ridiculously laughable. They'd never be able to accomplish what those other two did, so...

Bring back old Axl! The one that talks to the fans and releases new music.

You're probably talking about a different Axl.

Personally I'd prefer to reinstate Robin and Buckethead (and Brain!) and get Axl back to 2006-level vocal fitness.

Or, alternatively, Axl/Slash/Duff/Fortus/Frank/Dizzy/Pitman. That'd strike a nice balance between the old and new, and would satisfy my long-held desire to see Fortus leaping about on a stage with Slash.

Whatever musical bond Axl and Slash once shared (nurtured by Izzy) is well and truly gone. Marc Canter once said that Axl considered Robin Finck his Randy Rhoads, so on the basis of a possible creative relationship I would go Robin.