Should we bring back Slash or bring back Robin?

Gunzen

excuse me...

if you are a GNR fan you want Slash.

jesus...

Glad to know I'm not crazy. It would be like asking whether you'd rather see McCartney reform with Lennon (assuming he was still alive) or still play with the nobody guitarist he has now.

The problem with your question is, you are assuming that the legendary guitarist called Slash would agree to play with a washed-up totalitarian nutter on the Vegas nostalgia circuit as, some pale imitation of the band he once belonged to. Heck of an assumption.

My bet is that he would.

Slash doesn't seem like he's got a whole lot going on right now anyway. More than anything, the dollar signs would be enough for him to get over any lingering animosity he has towards Axl. I don't align to the opinion that he's desperate to rejoin Axl, but if the circumstances (and money) was right, I'd bet he'd jump at it.

Slash has a new album coming out in 2014 and I believe is rounding off some touring. No offense but bowling allys do not generate much money. Nugnr's stock is probably lower than Slash and the Conspirators - certainly in N. America.

But they wouldn't be playing bowling alleys now would they? A GNR with Slash back in the band would sell out arenas again, easily. When most people dream of a GNR reunion, they're essentially thinking of Axl and Slash. Even though hardcore fans know how important Izzy (and to some extent Duff) was to GNR's success, most casual fans only see the band as a two-man operation.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with your question is, you are assuming that the legendary guitarist called Slash would agree to play with a washed-up totalitarian nutter on the Vegas nostalgia circuit as, some pale imitation of the band he once belonged to. Heck of an assumption.

Right. For years I had hoped for a reunion. But nothing that Axl has done, or seems to want to do, seems worth wanting to be a part of. Slash has other things going on, he doesn't need to put his career on hold to sit around and wait for the manager's grandbaby to arrive.

excuse me...

jesus...

Glad to know I'm not crazy. It would be like asking whether you'd rather see McCartney reform with Lennon (assuming he was still alive) or still play with the nobody guitarist he has now.

My bet is that he would.

Slash doesn't seem like he's got a whole lot going on right now anyway. More than anything, the dollar signs would be enough for him to get over any lingering animosity he has towards Axl. I don't align to the opinion that he's desperate to rejoin Axl, but if the circumstances (and money) was right, I'd bet he'd jump at it.

Slash has a new album coming out in 2014 and I believe is rounding off some touring. No offense but bowling allys do not generate much money. Nugnr's stock is probably lower than Slash and the Conspirators - certainly in N. America.

But they wouldn't be playing bowling alleys now would they? A GNR with Slash back in the band would sell out arenas again, easily. When most people dream of a GNR reunion, they're essentially thinking of Axl and Slash. Even though hardcore fans know how important Izzy (and to some extent Duff) was to GNR's success, most casual fans only see the band as a two-man operation.

The question was, 'bring back Slash' as if, not a 'true' reunion, i.e. Axl pulling the strings. A 'true' reunion would entail, Axl apoligising for his mistake in taking the legal name over, relinquishing the name back to Slash and Duff, and forming a new partnership of equals. That will not happen.

But a simple suggestion of Slash joining Beta's band would not function.

Edited by DieselDaisy

As of now there are a few ways I would consider a question like this..

From a historical and fantasy/nostalgia view of course everyone would like to see Slash & Axl working together, even just for a one off let alone an album/tour... however, considering their current relationship, or lack of (from what we know), and the feelings they have expressed, do you really want to see them forced to be sharing a stage as uninspired musicians close to their 50s trying to recreate a time and attitude from their 30s?

Regarding Robin, he would be the best and most likely (between him and Slash) to return based on his guest spot in 2012, and as a significant contributor to CD + the other unreleased material - but I'm not entirely sure he will be inspired to return largely repeating the same setlist heavily focused on pre-CD material with some new covers.. if there was new music coming out that they would actively promote, then yes absolutely..

KOK doesn't need Axl, it's so successful. Slash has ALOT GOING on right now.

excuse me...

jesus...

My bet is that he would.

Yes. Slash is definitely comparable to a Beatle. ROCK ON DUDE!

Slash doesn't suit this band anymore.

The band doesnt suit Slash anymore...he likes to record and produce music from time to time and HOLY fuck!!! Imagine this...he even has been known to write a few songs and have them on a few albums of GNRs! The only other notes he played of other peoples stuff was..the covers of other bands songs(kinda like these guys cover him and try to emulate his sound.

Truth be told its Axl who couldnt handle a real GNR show again.

We can only hope and pray that Axl doesnt snort Ajax again and go off an hire Fink and BH again.

KOK doesn't need Axl, it's so successful. Slash has ALOT GOING on right now.

excuse me...

jesus...

My bet is that he would.

Yes. Slash is definitely comparable to a Beatle. ROCK ON DUDE!

Not comparing Slash to a Beatle, but who would you rather see McCartney play with. Thanks for paying attention though.

Robin is the guy who wrote the intro of Better?..

Yeah, I'll take Slash.

Yes, cause the intro of the song is what defines Robin's ability as a songwriter and not the rest of Better.

I don't like the song as a whole... and is "Better" better than Welcome to the jungle? Better than Civil War? Better than Coma? Better than.....

Yeah, I'll take Slash.

Yes, cause the intro of the song is what defines Robin's ability as a songwriter and not the rest of Better.

I don't like the song as a whole... and is "Better" better than Welcome to the jungle? Better than Civil War? Better than Coma? Better than.....

I like the intro and the song, but when did I say Better was better then all of those songs?

The question this thread presented was who to bring back now was it not? Are you telling me Slash's output post Guns was as good as WTTJ, Civil War, and Coma?

Are you trolling me or something? I can't tell.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah, I'll take Slash.

I like the intro and the song, but when did I say Better was better then all of those songs?

The question this thread presented was who to bring back now was it not? Are you telling me Slash's output post Guns was as good as WTTJ, Civil War, and Coma?

I was asking a question, but I don't understand yours. No that's not what I'm saying. You trolling?

But if you ask me, I think Starlight, Nothing to say, Ghost, Anastasia, just to name a few, are still better (to my ears) than anything Robin ever wrote.

Yeah, I'll take Slash.

I was asking a question, but I don't understand yours. No that's not what I'm saying. You trolling?

But if you ask me, I think Starlight, Nothing to say, Ghost, Anastasia, just to name a few, are still better (to my ears) than anything Robin ever wrote.

Why did you ask me that question though? Why would it be relevant if Better is better then WTTJ, Civil War, or Coma, if you didn't insinuate Slash will write songs on that caliber if he returned to Guns?

Only now you compare songs from Slash's post Guns career which is much more logical (unlike your tendency to judge songwriters by the intro of one song they wrote, which is just really an excuse to discredit them cause you don't like their music in the first place so why not just say that?)

Btw, to my ears, Slash's post Guns material doesn't even come close to Better in quality, but that's a matter of taste so whatever.

Edited by Rovim