Del James on Eddie Bravo

PerthGNR

I resent how Axl's personal management shield him from more interesting people than themselves. Clearly that is because they are attempting to protect their own interests rather than Axl's well being. It's horrifying to think how many personal reunions have been foiled by this policy of 'no access to Axl'.

• Like 1

I didn't warm to Del when I met him. He didn't talk to anybody, instead he peered at everybody almost trying to analyze our intentions. If was as if we were all about to hold Del at gunpoint and ask him to play Atlas Shrugged on the the ukele.

When I asked him to autograph the show programme at a random page, he actually flicked the programme to the page he's on.

Edited by NGOG

While I definitely don't appreciate his only agreeing with Axl attitude, he literally couldn't have been nicer when I met him in Vegas. He was funny, patient and chatted for a bit. I was actually quite impressed by how nice he was and that's saying a ton.

Del has always been a leech, Axl seems to surround himself with people like that and gets rid of the ones who have an opinion unlike his own.

What makes him a leech? He found other ways of having income come in that didn't involve Axl. I think at his age, he prob. feels like he's getting too old for dealing with aspects of the road and trying to make sure Axl's frame of mind is in a way he doesn't lock himself in his room, leave the venue, wander off somewhere. He's probably a lot easier to deal with for the past few years and the gig's probably gotten a lot easier for him, but the living out of suitcases gets old pretty fast.

Friendships are often very complex and it is often not possible from the outside to understand the motivations at play. Personally I don't see why Slash or Duff should have been expected to bail him out of his own fuck up. We all have to stand on our own two feet and I don't think this makes them less of a friend ( I accept though there was probably more to a fall out than just this). He is lucky that Axl wanted to help him out but it is possible that Axl's decisions aren't fully based in altruism. At the end of the day he obviously just clicks better with Axl than the other old memberswhich is fair enough, it happens a lot in workplaces all over the world. People forge alliances based on mutual need.

Thanks for the link. I'm not finished watching it but...

Del talks about leaks: 36m15s

talks about Slash and Duff: 54m35s

He's telling a story about him in Germany at around 1h10m40s.... I don't know if I heard right but did he say "nazi" when talking about the police? Pretty stupid to use that term....

About the release of CD: 1h13m10

About autobiographies: 2h19m20

About the new band: 3h05m37

Edited by Kapitch_77
  • Like 1

He's telling a story about him in Germany at around 1h10m40s.... I don't know if I heard right but did he say "nazi" when talking about the police? Pretty stupid to use that term....

Thanks.

Thank you for doing that! I think it's kind of amusing how he's harping on people stealing music yet he thought he didn't need to pay taxes.

When does he dodge the Steph question?

• Like 1

del is the man who inspired november rain one of the best rock songs ever....

He inspired the video, which Axl himself admited decade later to be extremely cheesy and kind of ridiculous.

Wha? Lemme see that quote?

He said that on Eddie Trunk radio show I believe a few years ago.

Thank you for doing that! I think it's kind of amusing how he's harping on people stealing music yet he thought he didn't need to pay taxes.

Based on this interview and the op-ed pieces he's written towards the fans, I can't think of one nice thing to say about this guy.

If I were Slash or Duff (or anyone else) I would have told him the exact same thing. The guy doesn't think he needs to pay taxes, blows all his money on drugs and alcohol while he's got two kids at home, and walks hand in mouth to each band member looking for a bailout. Pathetic.

Then he has the gall to accuse fans of being thieves for downloading music that will likely never get an official release. He clearly doesn't get the music industry today - leaks are part of the business. It happens to every artist. If your music is damn good it will not hurt sales, in fact it most likely help an artist's bottom line. There are many acts out there today who have their stuff leaked well before its official release date and still sell millions and draw tens of thousands to individual shows. To whine and bitch about it, when you're supposedly part of the GNR operation, is ridiculous.

Edited by downzy

When does he dodge the Steph question?

I can't remember... He is asked who broke up, Axl or Stephanie, and Del, I can't remember his exact words, says something like that story is between Axl and Spephanie.

I'd also like to add that Del explicitly states that Axl put out Chinese Democracy when he felt Chinese Democracy was ready. So for all of you who have argued with me in the past that it was the label's fault for the delay, guess you've got some explaining to do.

Based on this interview and the op-ed pieces he's written towards the fans, I can't think of one nice thing to say about this guy.

If I were Slash or Duff (or anyone else) I would have told him the exact same thing. The guy doesn't think he needs to pay taxes, blows all his money on drugs and alcohol while he's got two kids at home, and walks hand in mouth to each band member looking for a bailout. Pathetic.

Then he has the gall to accuse fans of being thieves for downloading music that will likely never get an official release. He clearly doesn't get the music industry today - leaks are part of the business. It happens to every artist. If your music is damn good it will not hurt sales, in fact it most likely help an artist's bottom line. There are many acts out there today who have their stuff leaked well before its official release date and still sell millions and draw tens of thousands to individual shows. To whine and bitch about it, when you're supposedly part of the GNR operation, is ridiculous.

I agree 100%.

Also I would add that it was kind of funny to hear his opinion about rock biographies, that it's often history revisionism, that the story is told in a manner that it's never their fault (the one who writes the book)...

Another funny thing is he felt the need to name all of the current bandmember to tell that they were Guns N Roses...

I agree 100%.

Also I would add that it was kind of funny to hear his opinion about rock biographies, that it's often history revisionism, that the story is told in a manner that it's never their fault (the one who writes the book)...

Another funny thing is he felt the need to name all of the current bandmember to tell that they were Guns N Roses...

Yeah, I guess he's never bothered to read Axl's posts here. Still waiting for Axl to admit fault for even the smallest mistake in his life... Is there a tumbleweeds emoticon???

"The leaks coming out is somebody fucking my friends, my employers, my family so they can suck my fucking dick."

The songs were taken by someone close to the band somehow. Maybe a person in the studio or a band member themselves? Idk. I get why they would be pissed but don't take it out on the fans who only want to listen to your songs.

That's what he fails to say. How bout they take a look at those closer to them.