Del James on Eddie Bravo

PerthGNR

Theft ha ha.. the problem is in your own yard Del.. if circumstances allowed, it would be these fans that you and your crew hate so much which would improve your meal ticket..

I keep hearing these negative, overprotective stories from the likes of Del and Beta, yet I recall the video of Axl in a hotel bar animatedly sharing a memory about Slash.. I wonder who is really keeping friendships apart..

I'll give Del credit in being Axl's friend before the fame, so he didn't just cling to Axl because of his money and fame, because he had none when he first me him. Axl certainly sorted his life out though, early days crediting him on November Rain - one of the most popular videos of all time - certainly landed Del his other jobs and writing projects. Also the example he gives about him unfreezing his unpaid taxes. Later being promoted to Tour Manager.

So, from axl's point of view, he has hired a friend who has proved loyal to him for years - perfect employee. What does he offer Axl for Axl to give him all this? No idea, which is probably why he is hated on this forum, he's a background worker who is probably never credited for his work in the community and seen a hanger-on.

Some people might not like his attitude, but he's been hanging around/working fo GNR longer than I've been alive so he's going to have some pride and authority in his job and Axl likes him, so I don't see the problem.

Youtube theft? I think this is old school thinking and remember Chinese Democracy was streamed on myspace for a month or so before it was released. Technically, you could say, GNR legally leaked there own album. How fucked up is that? Perhaps GNR could use social media/youtube to there advantage when releasing a new album rather than having the opinion that it is theft.

I got from the Locomotive video segment that Del very much 'gets' GN'R and has all along and thus is a worthy trusted confidant of Axl's.

Don't know why people are offering hard opinions on him, he is not out for the public's approval. He could however use some tips as a concert photographer...

Did anybody actually get beyond a half hour of this footage? Between the panel and Del James himself, it's insufferable.

It's scary how much Del will self-deprecate in trying to please the GNR camp.

I'll give Del credit in being Axl's friend before the fame, so he didn't just cling to Axl because of his money and fame, because he had none when he first me him. Axl certainly sorted his life out though, early days crediting him on November Rain - one of the most popular videos of all time - certainly landed Del his other jobs and writing projects. Also the example he gives about him unfreezing his unpaid taxes. Later being promoted to Tour Manager.

So, from axl's point of view, he has hired a friend who has proved loyal to him for years - perfect employee. What does he offer Axl for Axl to give him all this? No idea, which is probably why he is hated on this forum, he's a background worker who is probably never credited for his work in the community and seen a hanger-on.

Some people might not like his attitude, but he's been hanging around/working fo GNR longer than I've been alive so he's going to have some pride and authority in his job and Axl likes him, so I don't see the problem.

Youtube theft? I think this is old school thinking and remember Chinese Democracy was streamed on myspace for a month or so before it was released. Technically, you could say, GNR legally leaked there own album. How fucked up is that? Perhaps GNR could use social media/youtube to there advantage when releasing a new album rather than having the opinion that it is theft.

I thought MySpace posted it a few days before the album was released and money was made from it.

It didn't come across that Del was a "serious book writer", which is why he only has the one book and I guess there was some demand for the book to put a hardcover, and be able to sell it as an e-book.

As far as what he said against Slash and Duff, people think they're the "good guys", Axl's the "bad guy", and it's not the case.

• Like 2

Did anybody actually get beyond a half hour of this footage? Between the panel and Del James himself, it's insufferable.

It's scary how much Del will self-deprecate in trying to please the GNR camp.

He's being paid, it's simple. I get paid to say my boss is right, so does he.

I don't get paid for work I did 20 years ago, if only. GN'R is a product, a product I have, and will pay to see and hear now and in the future because it entertains me.

I read a marvel comic once, now I'm watching movies with different character arcs and story lines, familar?

Peace, just go see the shows, if new music happens, great, if not, get your CDs out when you feel nostalgic.

I'd also like to add that Del explicitly states that Axl put out Chinese Democracy when he felt Chinese Democracy was ready. So for all of you who have argued with me in the past that it was the label's fault for the delay, guess you've got some explaining to do.

I also disagree with this interpretation of his remarks. Context is important, and the discussion came up in the context of whether or not the time it took to put Chinese Democracy out (on Axl's side) had to do with a shift in popular music tastes, specifically in the declining mainstream popularity of heavy metal. He never made any statement that the ONLY reason Chinese Democracy came out when it did was because that was when Axl felt it was ready. He didn't exclude any other contributing factors to the total time it took to put the album out.

Ali

"He put out Chinese Democracy when he felt Chinese Democracy was ready. It was as simple as that."

Sorry, I'm all for conjecture and interpretation, but when someone explicitly states, "it was as simple as that," not sure there's much room for debate. If Axl had felt the album was ready in 2001, it would have been out in 2001. I really don't see how you're going to get around this one. I see Del as a bit of douche, but I take him for his word on this one.

But I have no doubt you'll try to bail out your buddy once again. You'd make a great campaign chief if Axl ever ran for politics. "Axl's Never Wrong! 2013!" would likely be your campaign slogan if I had to give a wager.

Thanks for the link. I'm not finished watching it but...

Del talks about leaks: 36m15s

talks about Slash and Duff: 54m35s

He's telling a story about him in Germany at around 1h10m40s.... I don't know if I heard right but did he say "nazi" when talking about the police? Pretty stupid to use that term....

About the release of CD: 1h13m10

About autobiographies: 2h19m20

About the new band: 3h05m37

Thank you for doing that! I think it's kind of amusing how he's harping on people stealing music yet he thought he didn't need to pay taxes.

Based on this interview and the op-ed pieces he's written towards the fans, I can't think of one nice thing to say about this guy.

If I were Slash or Duff (or anyone else) I would have told him the exact same thing. The guy doesn't think he needs to pay taxes, blows all his money on drugs and alcohol while he's got two kids at home, and walks hand in mouth to each band member looking for a bailout. Pathetic.

Then he has the gall to accuse fans of being thieves for downloading music that will likely never get an official release. He clearly doesn't get the music industry today - leaks are part of the business. It happens to every artist. If your music is damn good it will not hurt sales, in fact it most likely help an artist's bottom line. There are many acts out there today who have their stuff leaked well before its official release date and still sell millions and draw tens of thousands to individual shows. To whine and bitch about it, when you're supposedly part of the GNR operation, is ridiculous.

I don't agree with the interpretation that he was "looking for a bailout" from Slash, Duff or Axl. I think he was just using that story to illustrate what a good friend Axl has been to him. While Duff and Slash empathized with him and felt for the predicament he was in (which was of his own doing), he was impressed that Axl went out of his way to get him some assistance in dealing with the IRS through Axl's business manager. There is no indication that a "bailout" is what he was looking for, he was just impressed that Axl helped him out. Furthermore, the term bailout is not really appropriate as he was not given any money anyway. He just had someone help him get on a payment plan for the back-taxes he owed in order to unfreeze his accounts.

Ali

So you're telling me that if one of the bandmates offered him some money to cover his baby's milk he would have turned it down? LOL. Nice try. This guy has lived off the teet of GNR for the last twenty years. No way this guy is not looking for help when he's going to each band member individually. I'll admit this is conjecture on my part, but it's one that I stand behind.

Make off-topic little personal jabs all you want. That doesn't change the fact you're only focusing on what reinforces your own opinion and ignoring what undermines your position.

No one, not me or anyone else, is saying that Axl wasn't a significant or probably the single largest contributing factor to the time it took to release CD. But, that doesn't mean he was the ONLY factor.

As a reference, I'll cite the comments of a member of the band, who I'll point out, unlike Del James, was a part of the recording process.

What happened when producer Roy Thomas Baker was brought in?

He wanted to re-record everything, because he felt he could get better tones. In my opinion, he wasted many years and many millions of dollars trying to get us better sounds that we could have addressed in the mixing stage. I’m not a proponent of his style of producing. I think Iovine put Roy Thomas Baker in the producer seat because he didn’t think the raw sounds were good enough. Then Roy came in and would try every Marshall guitar amp in a five-state area to find just the right guitar tone. And he wanted to do that for every single part on the album.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=174

"You know, I just see us making a record much quicker, because, in hindsight, a lot of what happened with Chinese Democracy, we could get around now. Mostly what happened with that record, why it took so long, was we just had no help from the record company whatsoever. [Axl] got zero fucking help from anyone outside the band to fucking do it. You know, it just got stupider and stupider as the record company kept throwing bad A&R guys [at us], or producers like Roy Thomas Baker who, you know, he made things sound better, but that wasn't' what we needed. We needed someone to help us fucking sow it up, and he came in fucking re-recorded everything five fucking times with every amp in the country. I just don't think that was something that was really important to making a record, that could have been taken care of in the mix."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2011/12/tommy_stinson.php

As far as your conjecture on what Del James was looking for, it is just conjecture unsupported by any comments of his or anybody else's involved in that story (e.g. Slash, Duff or Axl). I'm not disputing he was looking for help or guidance or advice or support, moral or otherwise, of some kind by going around to the different band members. I'll point out the fact that he prefaced the story by saying this is what a good friend Axl is, and that ultimately the help he received wasn't even a "bailout" as you termed it. He was not given ANY money. He just got some help to set up a payment plan with the IRS to pay off his back taxes so his accounts would be unfrozen. So, yes, the story was used to show what a good friend Axl was to Del by how Axl helped him out, but not in the form of a "bailout" because a "bailout" was not even the help offered.

Ali

• Like 1

Ughhh... Seriously Ali, nobody is denying that there weren't other factors, and we go over this every time this discussion is brought up. Sure, in the world we live in anything is possible. Pointing out a possibility (no matter how far fetched) is great, but like I've stated many times, I'm more interested in discussing the probable and principal. Were there others factors other than Axl for the hold up? Sure. The departures of Freese, Finck, and Buckethead no doubt played a role. Bringing in three or four producers played a part. But I really don't give a shit about those because it all stems back to Axl's unwillingess to release the album in a timely manner. Those other issues likely would not have been factors had Axl recorded and turned over a 14 song album in 1999-2002. But he didn't, and delays ensued.

Now you can play the role of defense lawyer and try to point out, "well, what about this, and what about that." But again, i don't get a shit about mitigating factors. Every band artist has to deal with hurdles, but only Axl takes 10-14 years (depending on how you look at it) to release one album. Del's admission that Axl wasn't willing to release the album until he felt it was ready seems pretty spot on as to why it took so long.

And let's get something straight, Del has been bailed out by Axl and GNR Co. for 20 years. How does an "author" survive over that time period having only published one book? Yes, he didn't explicitly say he was looking for a bailout, but he was looking for help - whether that meant financial or legal help is still irrelevant. Axl bailed out him, not so much financially (though I'm sure his business manager billed him for the hours), but at least legally. Any guy who blows all his money on liquor and drugs while he's got a small child at home and another on the way isn't the high principled individual who doesn't go looking for help from his rich friends when he's in a pinch. Maybe you know a lot of principled drug addicts or alcoholics but I sure don't. And I'm glad we're agreed that what I say is conjecture. But it's conjecture based on reasonable inferences. Just pointing out that it's conjecture doesn't make it not true (nor does it make it true by me opining my thoughts). It's just my opinion based on the story I heard from a guy who has prospered off the GNR name and who, at one point in his life, sounded like a shit father.

Edited by downzy
  • Like 2

I'd also like to add that Del explicitly states that Axl put out Chinese Democracy when he felt Chinese Democracy was ready. So for all of you who have argued with me in the past that it was the label's fault for the delay, guess you've got some explaining to do.

I also disagree with this interpretation of his remarks. Context is important, and the discussion came up in the context of whether or not the time it took to put Chinese Democracy out (on Axl's side) had to do with a shift in popular music tastes, specifically in the declining mainstream popularity of heavy metal. He never made any statement that the ONLY reason Chinese Democracy came out when it did was because that was when Axl felt it was ready. He didn't exclude any other contributing factors to the total time it took to put the album out.

Ali

"He put out Chinese Democracy when he felt Chinese Democracy was ready. It was as simple as that."

Sorry, I'm all for conjecture and interpretation, but when someone explicitly states, "it was as simple as that," not sure there's much room for debate. If Axl had felt the album was ready in 2001, it would have been out in 2001. I really don't see how you're going to get around this one. I see Del as a bit of douche, but I take him for his word on this one.

But I have no doubt you'll try to bail out your buddy once again. You'd make a great campaign chief if Axl ever ran for politics. "Axl's Never Wrong! 2013!" would likely be your campaign slogan if I had to give a wager.

Thanks for the link. I'm not finished watching it but...

Del talks about leaks: 36m15s

talks about Slash and Duff: 54m35s

He's telling a story about him in Germany at around 1h10m40s.... I don't know if I heard right but did he say "nazi" when talking about the police? Pretty stupid to use that term....

About the release of CD: 1h13m10

About autobiographies: 2h19m20

About the new band: 3h05m37

Thank you for doing that! I think it's kind of amusing how he's harping on people stealing music yet he thought he didn't need to pay taxes.

Based on this interview and the op-ed pieces he's written towards the fans, I can't think of one nice thing to say about this guy.

If I were Slash or Duff (or anyone else) I would have told him the exact same thing. The guy doesn't think he needs to pay taxes, blows all his money on drugs and alcohol while he's got two kids at home, and walks hand in mouth to each band member looking for a bailout. Pathetic.

Then he has the gall to accuse fans of being thieves for downloading music that will likely never get an official release. He clearly doesn't get the music industry today - leaks are part of the business. It happens to every artist. If your music is damn good it will not hurt sales, in fact it most likely help an artist's bottom line. There are many acts out there today who have their stuff leaked well before its official release date and still sell millions and draw tens of thousands to individual shows. To whine and bitch about it, when you're supposedly part of the GNR operation, is ridiculous.

I don't agree with the interpretation that he was "looking for a bailout" from Slash, Duff or Axl. I think he was just using that story to illustrate what a good friend Axl has been to him. While Duff and Slash empathized with him and felt for the predicament he was in (which was of his own doing), he was impressed that Axl went out of his way to get him some assistance in dealing with the IRS through Axl's business manager. There is no indication that a "bailout" is what he was looking for, he was just impressed that Axl helped him out. Furthermore, the term bailout is not really appropriate as he was not given any money anyway. He just had someone help him get on a payment plan for the back-taxes he owed in order to unfreeze his accounts.

Ali

So you're telling me that if one of the bandmates offered him some money to cover his baby's milk he would have turned it down? LOL. Nice try. This guy has lived off the teet of GNR for the last twenty years. No way this guy is not looking for help when he's going to each band member individually. I'll admit this is conjecture on my part, but it's one that I stand behind.

Make off-topic little personal jabs all you want. That doesn't change the fact you're only focusing on what reinforces your own opinion and ignoring what undermines your position.

No one, not me or anyone else, is saying that Axl wasn't a significant or probably the single largest contributing factor to the time it took to release CD. But, that doesn't mean he was the ONLY factor.

As a reference, I'll cite the comments of a member of the band, who I'll point out, unlike Del James, was a part of the recording process.

What happened when producer Roy Thomas Baker was brought in?

He wanted to re-record everything, because he felt he could get better tones. In my opinion, he wasted many years and many millions of dollars trying to get us better sounds that we could have addressed in the mixing stage. I’m not a proponent of his style of producing. I think Iovine put Roy Thomas Baker in the producer seat because he didn’t think the raw sounds were good enough. Then Roy came in and would try every Marshall guitar amp in a five-state area to find just the right guitar tone. And he wanted to do that for every single part on the album.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=174

"You know, I just see us making a record much quicker, because, in hindsight, a lot of what happened with Chinese Democracy, we could get around now. Mostly what happened with that record, why it took so long, was we just had no help from the record company whatsoever. [Axl] got zero fucking help from anyone outside the band to fucking do it. You know, it just got stupider and stupider as the record company kept throwing bad A&R guys [at us], or producers like Roy Thomas Baker who, you know, he made things sound better, but that wasn't' what we needed. We needed someone to help us fucking sow it up, and he came in fucking re-recorded everything five fucking times with every amp in the country. I just don't think that was something that was really important to making a record, that could have been taken care of in the mix."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2011/12/tommy_stinson.php

As far as your conjecture on what Del James was looking for, it is just conjecture unsupported by any comments of his or anybody else's involved in that story (e.g. Slash, Duff or Axl). I'm not disputing he was looking for help or guidance or advice or support, moral or otherwise, of some kind by going around to the different band members. I'll point out the fact that he prefaced the story by saying this is what a good friend Axl is, and that ultimately the help he received wasn't even a "bailout" as you termed it. He was not given ANY money. He just got some help to set up a payment plan with the IRS to pay off his back taxes so his accounts would be unfrozen. So, yes, the story was used to show what a good friend Axl was to Del by how Axl helped him out, but not in the form of a "bailout" because a "bailout" was not even the help offered.

Ali

Lol.

You are consistent, I'll give you that much.

What percentage of the fiasco would you say falls on Axl's shoulders? What are the official numbers - 14 years and 15 million dollars?

If you had to break it down, just YOUR OPINION, how would you divide the blame percentage wise?

Axl.........

Everybody else (labels, Slash, Satan, fans, bad producers, mean media members, everybody who is out to get Axl, etc)........

What percentage do you guess????

Most people, who don't worship Axl or put him on a higher level than most people, would agree with you that the label and other factors certainly had an effect on the cost and delay of the album. But most would agree that Axl's behavior had a huge effect on why those roadblocks/stumbling blocks were part of the problem. You guys act like people just randomly like to cause Axl grief, and fail to admit that Axl's behavior is why the majority of this stuff happens.

There is a reason that most bands are able to have at least a working relationship with their label, allowing them to RELEASE music for their fans to enjoy. It seems like Axl and Beta (and their "team") and a few fans like you, are more interested in Axl fighting the good fight and not letting The Man rule his career......not realizing that while Axl might win the pride battle, the FANS are the losers in the end.

Why do you think other artists are able to work with their labels and release music?

Why do you think the label is "out to get" Axl and make his life miserable?

And lastly, what percentage at fault do you think Axl is for the debacle that was the making of CD?

In fairness, he mentioned he was either a junkie or alcoholic and made some very poor decisions when he was young. He's not the first one, and you only have to look at the band he was hanging around with to understand that. He made it a point to sober up, and he did it so he deserves kudos and not scorn for accomplishing that goal.

He comes across as a bit of a douche, and it was pretty funny watching him squirm during the Stephanie Seymour part, and his answer regarding the leaks (in my humble opinion) is absurd. Maybe it would make more sense if this was 1993. But anybody who can remain in Axl's good graces for this long deserves some credit at being slippery as a motherfuckin' eel and a politically correct diplomat, maybe even loyal and dependable. Is he a kiss-ass sycophant? Perhaps, but a band like GNR, and a person like Axl, needs to have people around them they can trust. It's possible Del whispers poison in Axl's ear, but we just don't know for sure one way or the other.

• Like 1

In fairness, he mentioned he was either a junkie or alcoholic and made some very poor decisions when he was young. He's not the first one, and you only have to look at the band he was hanging around with to understand that. He made it a point to sober up, and he did it so he deserves kudos and not scorn for accomplishing that goal.

He comes across as a bit of a douche, and it was pretty funny watching him squirm during the Stephanie Seymour part, and his answer regarding the leaks (in my humble opinion) is absurd. Maybe it would make more sense if this was 1993. But anybody who can remain in Axl's good graces for this long deserves some credit at being slippery as a motherfuckin' eel and a politically correct diplomat, maybe even loyal and dependable. Is he a kiss-ass sycophant? Perhaps, but a band like GNR, and a person like Axl, needs to have people around them they can trust. It's possible Del whispers poison in Axl's ear, but we just don't know for sure one way or the other.

It is pretty evident from his interviews and comments about Slash and the old band that he supports Axl's warped view of the world so while he may not be whispering poison into Axl's ears I have no doubt he is a synchophant reinforcing his paranoia.

Have to admit I did enjoy the interview though as he had some good stories but some of Del's perceptions are definately twisted by his blind loyalty to Axl IMHO....

Ughhh... Seriously Ali, nobody is denying that there weren't other factors, and we go over this every time this discussion is brought up. Sure, in the world we live in anything is possible. Pointing out a possibility (no matter how far fetched) is great, but like I've stated many times, I'm more interested in discussing the probable and principal. Were there others factors other than Axl for the hold up? Sure. The departures of Freese, Finck, and Buckethead no doubt played a role. Bringing in three or four producers played a part. But I really don't give a shit about those because it all stems back to Axl's unwillingess to release the album in a timely manner. Those other issues likely would not have been factors had Axl recorded and turned over a 14 song album in 1999-2002. But he didn't, and delays ensued.

Now you can play the role of defense lawyer and try to point out, "well, what about this, and what about that." But again, i don't get a shit about mitigating factors. Every band artist has to deal with hurdles, but only Axl takes 10-14 years (depending on how you look at it) to release one album. Del's admission that Axl wasn't willing to release the album until he felt it was ready seems pretty spot on as to why it took so long.

And let's get something straight, Del has been bailed out by Axl and GNR Co. for 20 years. How does an "author" survive over that time period having only published one book? Yes, he didn't explicitly say he was looking for a bailout, but he was looking for help - whether that meant financial or legal help is still irrelevant. Axl bailed out him, not so much financially (though I'm sure his business manager billed him for the hours), but at least legally. Any guy who blows all his money on liquor and drugs while he's got a small child at home and another on the way isn't the high principled individual who doesn't go looking for help from his rich friends when he's in a pinch. Maybe you know a lot of principled drug addicts or alcoholics but I sure don't. And I'm glad we're agreed that what I say is conjecture. But it's conjecture based on reasonable inferences. Just pointing out that it's conjecture doesn't make it not true (nor does it make it true by me opining my thoughts). It's just my opinion based on the story I heard from a guy who has prospered off the GNR name and who, at one point in his life, sounded like a shit father.

Alright, on one hand you admit there are other factors, but on the other you "don't give a shit" . :D

But, I agree with you on the fact that had an album been turned in and accepted by the label prior to RTB's involvement, the point Tommy Stinson brings up would obviously be moot. However, what makes you so sure that an album or at least some songs weren't presented to the label and rejected?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=38

R&P: We know that Chinese Democracy will be released in June, but we wanted to know what the reasons are for taking so long before releasing the album?

Axl: We hadn't written songs or recorded for many years. There were band changes and there were many changes in the record company. People in the record company had many opinions and they wanted to make the best possible record. Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better. We started over, we continued adding songs, continued recording and recording. I think that when we release the album, it's gonna be something that I'm gonna be proud of and confident in. Then, we will also have an extra heap of songs. This band has played only been together for six weeks before Rio. So it is still very new for them to play together as band, with Robin (Finck) and Buckethead. That was a surprise. Obviously, that was the correct decision to make, but it was not originally planned to have three guitarists.

So, it may not be so clear cut as you say. Keep in mind that interview was done with Axl in early 2001 after RIR III.

Though, to be clear, I have no doubt that Axl played a significant role, perhaps the largest role in the delay in releasing CD. However, what exactly transpired may not be as clear cut as is widely believed.

As far as Del James, I recall he said in the interview that Doug Goldstein told him that as long as he was clean, he would have a job. Live Era was his project as he said himself in the interview. So, you can call it being bailed out by GN'R or prospering off the GN'R name. You can also call it being employed by GN'R. Bottom line, I think you're use of the term "bailout' is misleading especially when he wasn't given any money even by his friend Axl. Bailout to me evokes memories of the financial sector collapse of 2008 in the US.

Ali

Edited by Ali

• 1 month later...

Ugh. Del James is the worst type of human. How does he live with himself?

This guy has turned ass kissing into a life long career. He has no business speaking about GnR publicly. No one cares about his toadie opinion.

• Like 2

Del James= the minister of propaganda for GnR

ok this fucking pisses me off how Del says that the old GnR live performances were awful and we have forgiven them because of time WTF!!!

And just cause Duff and Slash didn't pay his taxes he acts like whining pussy...oh man :jerkoff:

Edited by gunnari

He's much more a friend to Axl that those former band members that ditched him.

When you push your friends away, you don't get the luxury of saying they abandoned you. Maybe in some neurotic delusion it can make sense but not in reality.

its hard to be friends with junkies when you arent one. Axl came like a narc to them. Axl was in therapy most of the illusion tour. I think they were paranoid too.

He's much more a friend to Axl that those former band members that ditched him.

When you push your friends away, you don't get the luxury of saying they abandoned you. Maybe in some neurotic delusion it can make sense but not in reality.

its hard to be friends with junkies when you arent one. Axl came like a narc to them. Axl was in therapy most of the illusion tour. I think they were paranoid too.

Can you imagine how many people would have been asking the guys in GNR back then for money?

Sure, theyre rich-they should just give all their cash away.

Sure, hand over cash to the coke fiend...fuck that, keep the money and buy more coke for yourself with it!

"Ï didn't know I had to pay tax" is a bit daft, wouldn't you say?