Do you think Interscope takes Team Brazil seriously?

Vincent Vega

I honestly think GNR management and Axl have a significant struggle to overcome. I don't think Chinese Democracy could have possibly done more harm to their relationship with Interscope. As somebody else has speculated Interscope are only interested in the next big thing. GNR are no longer an act with major pull and perhaps that's why a mainstream name like Dj Ashba has been brought into the process as a sort of 'deal breaker'.

The thought of fernando being in an office full of execs trying to act like a manager is embarrassing. What skills and experience does he have? It must look so amateur.

In my head beta is like the cleaner on family guy.

obr87.jpg

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

"Mr. Album". Nice!

if we that are just fans don't, why interscope would take it seriously?

Because Interscope are hopefully professionals, and one thing professional business people do is to treat collaborative partners in a professional manner regardless of who they are. In addition, Interscope, in contrast to us, actually knows Team Brazil's professional capacity.

I find it strange that people assume TB can't be professional. Is it because Beta is a woman? Is it because she used to be a nanny? Learning the ropes only takes a few years and she was Axl's PA for a long time. Surely she must have picked up a lot of the business then.

For a start you could criticize Beta's managerial prowess in the sense that she can't express herself correctly. I would assume that when one is engaging with a major label you must articulate yourself clearly.

For a start you could criticize Beta's managerial prowess in the sense that she can't express herself correctly. I would assume that when one is engaging with a major label you must articulate yourself clearly.

Oh? I wasn't aware she can speak English good enough. But it doesn't really matter. Business takes place between companies from different countries using bad English all the time. It's really not a big problem. Things just takes a little bit more time.

Oh? I wasn't aware she can speak English good enough. But it doesn't really matter. Business takes place between companies from different countries using bad English all the time. It's really not a big problem. Things just takes a little bit more time.

In the few interactions I've had with Beta her English seemed just fine. I could be wrong, but I think NGOG's point might have been directed at some of Beta's past interactions on here.

I find it strange that people assume TB can't be professional. Is it because Beta is a woman? Is it because she used to be a nanny? Learning the ropes only takes a few years and she was Axl's PA for a long time. Surely she must have picked up a lot of the business then.

It's because of the way she acts, interacts and treats people.

In the few interactions I've had with Beta her English seemed just fine. I could be wrong, but I think NGOG's point might have been directed at some of Beta's past interactions on here.

Oh, she had halting English when posting here? Nevertheless, I don't see this as a big barrier to doing business at all.

I think most people who have met her say she is a nice, friendly person. Still, what counts is how you act at the negotiating table and not how you act in affect in social media. You'd be surprised how rude, aloof and full of themselves many highly successful business people are when they are not actually doing business...

The thought of fernando being in an office full of execs trying to act like a manager is embarrassing. What skills and experience does he have? It must look so amateur.

In my head beta is like the cleaner on family guy.

obr87.jpg

Haha this is exactly what I meant.

I don't (or I hope anyway) that it has anything to do with Beta being a woman. Sharon Osbourne broke that barrier years ago, though I'm sure a stigma still exists in the industry. Most of the heavy-hitters are male, and maybe that's why it was Fernando who took over the reigns of the meeting (making an assumption it was Interscope) as opposed to Beta. She was the main negotiator behind the Activision deal. And we see how well that turned out for them.

The main issue in my mind is the lack of overall professionalism. How many tweets have we ever seen by managers like Merck or Azoff that say 'suck my dick cunt'? When you don't piss TB off and chat for 6 minutes back stage after a gig, I'm sure they can act like lovely people. But the business end of it is a whole different animal. If their attitude towards fans are a reflection of how they behave if something doesn't go their way, why shouldn't we assume that same level of professionalism isn't displayed in their other dealings?

I don't (or I hope anyway) that it has anything to do with Beta being a woman. Sharon Osbourne broke that barrier years ago, though I'm sure a stigma still exists in the industry. Most of the heavy-hitters are male, and maybe that's why it was Fernando who took over the reigns of the meeting (making an assumption it was Interscope) as opposed to Beta. She was the main negotiator behind the Activision deal. And we see how well that turned out for them.

The main issue in my mind is the lack of overall professionalism. How many tweets have we ever seen by managers like Merck or Azoff that say 'suck my dick cunt'? When you don't piss TB off and chat for 6 minutes back stage after a gig, I'm sure they can act like lovely people. But the business end of it is a whole different animal. If their attitude towards fans are a reflection of how they behave if something doesn't go their way, why shouldn't we assume that same level of professionalism isn't displayed in their other dealings?

dude...if u attack them they'll attack back, its unprofessional but dont forget fernando grew up watching random people on the internet saying awful stuff about his mother. They dont say "suck my dick" to interscope and they dont say it to the fans who talk to them in a nice way.

Fernando never went up to a fan and said hey suck my dick motherfucker. He is the one who gets attacked first... and im not defending TB but it is what it is.

dude...if u attack them they'll attack back, its unprofessional but dont forget fernando grew up watching random people on the internet saying awful stuff about his mother. They dont say "suck my dick" to interscope and they dont say it to the fans who talk to them in a nice way.

Fernando never went up to a fan and said hey suck my dick motherfucker. He is the one who gets attacked first... and im not defending TB but it is what it is.

There are other ways to respond to negativity and attacks. He represents a multi-million dollar brand. There is an expectation of professionalism when he's in that capacity, yes, especially when it comes to dealing with fans of the group he's become the spokesman for. He's not on a basketball court fooling around with friends saying 'suck my dick', as a joke, this is how he chose to respond on the world wide web, for everyone to see. You don't think it reflects on what kind of person he is, and how other people in the business may view him? That's naïve. You can't make excuses for his actions, not in the business world.

There are other ways to respond to negativity and attacks. He represents a multi-million dollar brand. There is an expectation of professionalism when he's in that capacity, yes, especially when it comes to dealing with fans of the group he's become the spokesman for. He's not on a basketball court fooling around with friends saying 'suck my dick', as a joke, this is how he chose to respond on the world wide web, for everyone to see. You don't think it reflects on what kind of person he is, and how other people in the business may view him? That's naïve. You can't make excuses for his actions, not in the business world.

I think it is naive to believe off-hand remarks on social media in any way says anything about his business skills. As I told earlier, lots of business men are obnoxious persons but they still are skilled at negotiating, networking, making things happen, etc.

Interscope is currently spending ZERO dollars on anything new-GNR: there's nothing to spend money on.

Sure, they're spending money to maintain the existing catalogue, and they take their cut; after all, people still do buy actual GNR music (AFD, UYI, etc).

But there's nothing new to spend money on with GNR, so Interscope doesn't even think about Axl. The major labels are having a hard enough time surviving in the modern industry, so a has-been like Axl really isn't a major concern right now.

I know it's hard for people here to believe, but outside of these forums, no one even thinks about new-GNR.

I think it is naive to believe off-hand remarks on social media in any way says anything about his business skills. As I told earlier, lots of business men are obnoxious persons but they still are skilled at negotiating, networking, making things happen, etc.

I think it's naïve to think social media doesn't impact other people's impressions, and plays an important role in the business world today. People have been fired from their jobs for status updates they've made on their personal online profiles. I know someone who works in HR, and part of the process for background checks is to locate potential candidates on the internet. They won't actually say it plays a role in the hiring process, but it most certainly is used towards making a decision, and in some cases makes or breaks it. Off handed remarks impact business skills because the other people involved may already have a pre-conceived impression of what type of person they are dealing with. The fact that these remarks where made in the capacity as a spokesperson doesn't really make them off handed either.

P4A is spot on.

When you put yourself in a position like Fernando has, you can't act the way he has acted. I understand that he has a personal connection to Axl and the band and takes things personally, and reacts emotionally.

But that's probably one of the best examples of why he shouldn't be managing the band. :shrugs:

I say this not with malice or an intent to offend Fernando or anyone associated with TB. It's just my own opinion. I think they've made a lot of mistakes from a PR angle. I don't think it's ever a good idea for someone with a personal affiliation to get involved with something like this. It's why lawyers usually don't represent their family members in big court cases, or why cops aren't allowed to be involved with cases involving family members. It's not an insult against those guys or an implication that they can't do their job, but inevitably your personal, emotional connection will have some kind of impact on your work. And this is precisely what has happened with the mismanagement of GN'R since TB took over.

• Like 1

a woman with enough determination can rule the life of any abused rockstar

Yoko, Beta,... the name isn't important

Whenever Axl dies then Beta's son, any of them, will be the singer of Guns n'Roses, maybe then called Guns n fuckin' Plastic Beta Roses

because she PROVE it with unprofessional behaviour and "paranoid" moves (censoring things for Axl etc.)