Axl in 1999: "I'm not working on all this to keep it buried."

axlsalinger

Because he knows that thngs don't always go the way he plans.

it's more like things never go the way he plans. i wonder why

ok, does he or does he not play a role in how things happen with his band? does he just throw his hands up and say fuck it when things don't go to plan? how hard is it to get a live dvd show released, c'mon. all these "obstacles" that everyone else in the rnr world seem to hurdle, except this guy. does he try to micro-manage every aspect of his business, is that why nothing ever gets done? (mini rant for the morning)

Slash and the crew made sure it stayed buried for years...

Yeah, ok.

I guess every bad thing that has happened to New GN'R is somehow Slash's fault. Like, it somehow his fault that Axl hasn't released the follow up to CD, it's Slash's fault Rock In Rio 2011 was a bad show, it's his fault Axl isn't in the mainstream anymore. No, don't blame the bi-polar perfectionist who believes the whole world is out to get him. Blame the one who enjoys being a musician and put's out music for his fans to enjoy.

Great post.

Marc Canter said the contrary. Slash wanted Axl to release it to get it out of his system (Axl I mean), so that after they could reconcile and maybe even reunite.

I'll believe Marc instead of you.

This "Slash is the devil" non sense has to stop. It's enough that Axl thinks Slash is Satan, no need for fans to think the same.

Edited by Kapitch_77

They planned to do Rio in 2004 but buckethead left the band at the last minute, causing them to cancel rio and delay the album yet again.

Buckethead told Axl he wanted to leave the band in 2003. In 2004 Axl decided to hire Ron. I guess in Axl time 1 year is the last minute? :rofl-lol:

Axl kept convincing buckethead to stay around, Bucket left in 2004 and ron joined in 2005.

Marc Canter said the contrary. Slash wanted Axl to release it to get it out of his system (Axl I mean), so that after they could reconcile and maybe even reunite.

This "Slash is the devil" non sense has to stop. It's enough that Axl thinks Slash is Satan, no need for fans to think the same.

No offence but Coma is 100% right

So Del James lied?

I disagree on that point, but I would be intrested in hearing that idea expanded on

After all, what he said Marc said does match up with what I have read in Canter Banter so I would be intrested in hearing the dissenting point of view explained a bit more

Maybe. None of us were there, so we don't really know what happened within the band.

BUT that is really not relevant to this story is it????

Axl's quotes are from 1999.

Slash left GnR in 1996.

Seems a bit silly to blame something on Slash and the crew (whomever that is) three years later????

So from 1997 through 2013 Axl has led GnR without Slash in the band. That's 16 years. What has happened to those 70 songs over that 16 year period??? Throw in songs written by Bucket/Robin/DJ/BFF?????? Yet Axl has released one album?

One album of material in 16 years.

It's 2013, Slash hasn't been in the band for 16 years. But Axl STILL can't release music?

Since the Spag Inc, Axl has put out one album of original material in those 20 years.

Slash has put out six albums in the same time period. Plus played on a ton of other people's records.

Yet you people still blame Slash for Axl's failures????? Too funny.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

It's hilarious. Maybe Axl decided to pull a Costanza at one point and do the opposite. So really, he was saying "I am doing all this to keep it buried".

Ultimately I'd say it's 7.107 (-1) billion people's fault. That is, everybody on Earth (minus Axl).

Maybe. None of us were there, so we don't really know what happened within the band.

BUT that is really not relevant to this story is it????

Axl's quotes are from 1999.

Slash left GnR in 1996.

Seems a bit silly to blame something on Slash and the crew (whomever that is) three years later????

So from 1997 through 2013 Axl has led GnR without Slash in the band. That's 16 years. What has happened to those 70 songs over that 16 year period??? Throw in songs written by Bucket/Robin/DJ/BFF?????? Yet Axl has released one album?

One album of material in 16 years.

It's 2013, Slash hasn't been in the band for 16 years. But Axl STILL can't release music?

Since the Spag Inc, Axl has put out one album of original material in those 20 years.

Slash has put out six albums in the same time period. Plus played on a ton of other people's records.

Yet you people still blame Slash for Axl's failures????? Too funny.

I am awaiting an explaination for this point as well... I want to see how people rationalize blaming Slash and not even mention everything Axl did that was less than ideal

Nothing Axl does is less than ideal. If what he does or doesn't do sit well with you then i suggest you go take a walk in the park and start to enjoy life.

I don't know about anyone else but for me it isn't a huge emotional investement to say Axl isn't completely innocent. Merely just an assessment that it is not merely Slash's fault that Axl can't seem to get more than 1 album out in 15 years

I know you believe Slash is the devil and is Axl's antichrist but considering Slash quit GnR in 1996 I am not following your logic...how did he and the others bury Axl's material exactly? ...........

Edited by classicrawker

Nothing Axl does is less than ideal. If what he does or doesn't do sit well with you then i suggest you go take a walk in the park and start to enjoy life.

Wishing your favorite singer put out more than one album every 20 years and chatting with other fans about it doesn't really constitute people not enjoying their lives. Weird that you would take it to that extreme.

What is your opinion about the actual topic?

That Slash is to blame for Axl's lack of musical output over the past 16 years that they haven't been in a band together.

70 songs in 1999, three years AFTER Slash quit the band. Since that time, Axl has released 15 of those songs. Why is Slash to blame for the remaining 55 not seeing the light of day?

why?

The band ready to release it in 2001. The producers and the label wanted to the band rerecorded over and over again at that time

Claiming this is Slash and Co. fault is nonsense and you (and some other Axl nutters) is gone waay too far with this bullshit

why?

The band ready to release it in 2001. The producers and the label wanted to the band rerecorded over and over again at that time

Claiming this is Slash and Co. fault is nonsense and you (and some other Axl nutters) is gone waay too far with this bullshit

The powerful almighty Jimmy Iovine who thought Chris Cornell and Timbaland was a guaranteed hit. Reznor knows the clowns Axl had to deal with, that's why he hasn't said anything negative about Axl in a long time.

Even if you believed that, maybe it had an effect in the early days (97-01), but come on. Even if Slash's "aura" had a strong negative gravitational pull on Chinese Democracy as a whole, as far as Axl was concerned, let's write the whole thing off as a failed experiment. But it came out in 2008 ... FIVE FUCKING YEARS ago. It's just an excuse at this point.

Maybe that's the problem though ... Axl will find and use any excuse imaginable to avoid releasing material.

Edited by axlsalinger

when people say slash prevented axl from doing this or that they mean because of all the shit that went between the two, it affected axl psychologically ! people dont mean slash is directly preventing him from something

And yet Slash managed to release 5 albums of new material since 1999....that cold hearted bastard!......

They planned to do Rio in 2004 but buckethead left the band at the last minute, causing them to cancel rio and delay the album yet again.

Buckethead told Axl he wanted to leave the band in 2003. In 2004 Axl decided to hire Ron. I guess in Axl time 1 year is the last minute? :rofl-lol:

Axl kept convincing buckethead to stay around, Bucket left in 2004 and ron joined in 2005.

Actually ron joined in 2006