Axl Animated Video Intro From 2000-2001

axlsalinger

Here's Axl asked in November 1999 if they would play a New Year's gig that year:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

Loder: Have you thought about maybe taking the boys out and playing on New Year's Eve or something? Are we gonna see you before...

Rose: Nah.
Loder: : No? None of that?
Rose: Nah!
Loder: Why not?
Rose: Na-nah-na-nah!
Loder: [Laughs] It could be fun.
Rose: [Laughs]
Loder: Where are you going to be on New Year's Eve?
Rose: Have no idea.
Loder: So we'll see you some time this new year, right? You will be around?
Rose: Yeah, we'll be around. I'm not working on all this to keep it buried. We plan on getting out there and doing it right. The new guys are a lot of fun, and like I say, we will be continuing to look for and or decide who the official new guitar player will be, but it's not that important to the band at this time, as that person's not really needed. There's not a whole lot for them to do at this time in regards to recording, as we've recorded [a] majority of material.
Loder: But you continue to audition, right?
Rose: Yes, we do. Yes, we do, and there's some people who have done a really great job. It's just not something we're prepared to make a complete decision on at this time.

If Robin hadn't left, it sounds like they would have played a live show in 1999

what made him leave back then? was it because he wanted to go back to NIN?

He did a very brief interview in 1999. It was being tired of sitting around working on songs that never seemed to be headed anywhere.

Who gives a shit about the cartoon... what a fuckin awesome band. I haven't seen that since before Bucket was out. I was at HOB before this show and this brought me back to how much energy Axl, the band and the crowd had. Axl must have thought he was about to win in a big way. I was a young guy that took a bus 3000 miles to see that show. Now I'd think twice about driving a half hour here in LA. Im so much older now and tired. I cant imagine how Axl feels being a hell of a lot older than me. Do the things in life while you still want to do them. If you're like me and probably Axl, by the time you get around to it you may have lost your passion for it or the energy. .. not sure which it is. Probably both. This is my last post. I'll be lurking like I used to waiting for possible leaks. I hope everyone on here finds happiness in the world of GnR and beyond.

Probably made for 1999. Remember the radio I.terview from 1999 where he yelled over the host when he asked about doing any shows for new years? Axle probably told him privately that they planned to do some and the guy probably accidentally brought it up... I think it might've been Eddie trunk actually

Probably made for 1999. Remember the radio I.terview from 1999 where he yelled over the host when he asked about doing any shows for new years? Axle probably told him privately that they planned to do some and the guy probably accidentally brought it up... I think it might've been Eddie trunk actually

He actually yelled? i haven't seen it

He actually yelled? i haven't seen it

2:37 -

That's an interesting talk. The reason he couldn't do another AFD style album was because of Slash initially sounds like it was an insult of some kind, but really because he freely admits he couldn't get a replacement for him to make that kind of album. That seems like that was around the height of his anger for Slash, so that was a bit surprising.

Some interesting things in the second track from Rock in Rio (

). Firstly, Axl leans on Buckethead early on - you can tell there's a connection there. It's refreshing to see. But at 1:01 he notices a fan (supposedly in a "GNR = Slash" t-shirt), gives him the finger, sings the better part of the chorus at him, and then tells security to throw him out. I'll never understand why he gets so provoked by Slash t-shirts at gigs.

@ClaudeF

From what we've heard from people at the gig, the guy in the Slash shirt was actively heckling the band.

So Axl's "and you ain't got nothing better to do, and I'm bored!!" comes straight from his heart. :) Love the energy on these videos, especially at the end of WTTJ. The crowd is jumping and going WILD while the band is kicking ass, I can only imagine the adrenaline rush going through for example Axl at that moment.

Edited by Judezki