Would you accept Richie Sambora as lead guitarist in GNR

gnfnrs1972

I was reading another thread and thought to myself if one of the guitarists left that Richie would be a great choice. I feel like he wasnt givin the best outlet for creativity in quite a while with Bon Jovi. I feel he had to dumb down his skill to play with Jon. Also he put out a really good solo album a couple of years ago.

Why would Richie want to join Axl's band? I believe Richie is a serious musician who wants to create and release music.

Well, that and I highly doubt Richie will want to deal with Axl's bullshit. We already know he won't deal with Jon Bon Jovi's. And Axl's much worse than him. Much, much worse.

Why would Richie want to join Axl's band? I believe Richie is a serious musician who wants to create and release music.

I wouldn't call very much of Bon Jovi's catalog "music".

Even if you don't like it, there's still million's (including me) who do. Sure, a lot of their stuff post Crush has been pop/rock crap, but to say their 90's alums are bad is ridiculous.

• Like 3

Even if you don't like it, there's still million's (including me) who do. Sure, a lot of their stuff post Crush has been pop/rock crap, but to say their 90's alums are bad is ridiculous.

From what I can tell their 90s albums are universally considered to be mediocre. Average reviews of 3 stars and all that. :shrugs:

I listened to "These Days" once and it was fucking shit.

Edited by bacardimayne

From what I can tell their 90s albums are universally considered to be mediocre. Average reviews of 3 stars and all that. :shrugs:

I listened to "These Days" once and it was fucking shit.

And?

Music review's mean shit to me.

You listened to These Days and it was fucking shit. Cool. I listen to These Days multiple times and it's probably their best record ever. We all have opinions. No one's right or wrong.

And?

Music review's mean shit to me.

You listened to These Days and it was fucking shit. Cool. I listen to These Days multiple times and it's probably their best record ever. We all have opinions. No one's right or wrong.

So you say it's "ridiculous" to call their 90s albums bad when this seems to be the universally accepted opinion on them.

Why does GnR NEED a new guitarist? Just lose Ashba and keep it at two.

Axl feels the need to bury his vocals behind a wall of guitar.

I get that live. Because he sounds crap. But he can still go in the studio.

Seriously though, I really dislike that about CD. Everything blurs into a huge wall of sound. Such a shame!

This is old.....and they have seemingly made up.

Everything pertaining to that era of GnR is old, duhh. And yes I know the backstory, but it's still funny.

Ask yourself something: why do you even think people are making these threads? Because of Axl's and Bon Jovi's history, that's why. And I mean let's be honest, what's next? "Would you accept the guy from Winger in GnR?" (although I wouldn't mind Reb Beach being in the band, tbh)

• Like 2

Richie is a legendary guitarist, and he's got the chops to something awesome with Axl like on a song, but I don't know if he'd be the right fit for Guns. Guns has a punkish sleazy kind of attitude, Richie is more a bluesy working class hero type.

For anyone who doubts Richies chops:

Richie is a legend. The guy from Winger isnt. This would be huge news if it did happen. I agree that richie would probly not fit into GNR. But his group has sold over a hundred million albums. I made the thread because Axl has never picked a huge profile artist to be in the band. All the current members are fine by me though.

This is old.....and they have seemingly made up.

Everything pertaining to that era of GnR is old, duhh. And yes I know the backstory, but it's still funny.

Ask yourself something: why do you even think people are making these threads? Because of Axl's and Bon Jovi's history, that's why. And I mean let's be honest, what's next? "Would you accept the guy from Winger in GnR?" (although I wouldn't mind Reb Beach being in the band, tbh)