What were your favorite Axl looks?

wfuckinga

The photo with the Beatles t-shirt shows him with a walking stick - am I seeing that right?

Nah, that's a chair.

Nope. He's holding someone's hand

I think he's carried a cane on & off for a couple years now. People had mixed feelings about it when it first appeared. I think it goes with pimp daddy, but not the jeans & hoodie look.

Edit: Which is why that's a fucking chair, as you said. Haha!

10337937606_204ff1b06e_o.jpg

He is holding somebody's hand

He looks really mad like he's about to explode - or bite someone's leg??? :P

And a good hairdresser. She really knew how to cut his hair. He should've kept her.

That good hairdresser is Marc Canter's wife Leisa. She kept cutting his hair up until 2001, which is when he got the cornrows.

Oh, god, yeah, that's true. I'd forgotten who it was. Thanks!

Edited by aranrod

And a good hairdresser. She really knew how to cut his hair. He should've kept her.

That good hairdresser is Marc Canter's wife Leisa. She kept cutting his hair up until 2001, which is when he got the cornrows.

Oh, god, yeah, that's true. I'd forgotten who it was. Thanks!

Beta went short hair & blonde too at that stage.

• 1 year later...

1991 for me. And 1988, The Ritz.

10336134904_1095d47111_o.jpg

10336146815_fdbda1c261_o.jpg

10336323613_9c2b3661b0_o.jpg

if you and me were in a room we would be fighting for the same guy for sure. these are my fav Ax look except I don't do the bandana - I disregard any photos of ax in a bandana - I just can't fathom it!

• Like 1

My favorite Axl's look is when he wore rocker clothing like band t-shirts and jeans or leather pants. I hate the hats, the suits and the silk shirts. That look is a pest to me. I dont like "Axl, the millionaire" look. I like Axl in humble but cool rocker clothing, the Converse shoes (hate the expensive boots), bandanas, rocker jewelry (hate the huge diamond rings). Oh, and I don't like he's not showing his tattoos anymore.

Good call on the Farm aid look, it was indeed pretty cool.

I think I hated even more the oversized perfectos/biker/jackets in the 90s than the naked girls shirts from the 2010s. Which is saying a lot.

I think my overall favorite look was the one in the Yesterdays video and the accompagnying interview. Simple and badass as hell.

Good call on the Farm aid look, it was indeed pretty cool.

I think I hated even more the oversized perfectos/biker/jackets in the 90s than the naked girls shirts from the 2010s. Which is saying a lot.

I think my overall favorite look was the one in the Yesterdays video and the accompagnying interview. Simple and badass as hell.

what is that interview? i never saw it, do you have a link?

Axl Rose looked kick ass. Best was the UYI era. Bill Bailey has looked like a fat bloated red neck 2008-present day.

Oh yeah, he stopped doin/looking like you wanted him to, so you get to revert his name. Yeah, that's how life works. Buy yourself a Ken doll or steal one from your sister, if you haven't already ;)

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 1

Axl Rose looked kick ass. Best was the UYI era. Bill Bailey has looked like a fat bloated red neck 2008-present day.

Oh yeah, he stopped doin/looking like you wanted him to, so you get to revert his name. Yeah, that's how life works. Buy yourself a Ken doll or steal one from your sister, if you haven't already ;)
Meow. What? Slash looks like Slash. Tyler looks like Tyler. Springsteen looks like Springsteen. Jagger like Jagger. Axl gets lumped (pun intended) in with Vince Neil. Jani Lane (RIP), Don Dokken etc.,,,

Axl was gorgeous up until he vanished from the public eye. But he probably looked best like very early Illusion tour and then that Knocking On Heavens Door beard era.

Always thought Slash looked the best out of all of em generally. Not cuz he was prettier than Axl cuz he weren't (although he was good looking and that) but just cuz of the way he carried himself, he was like a giant cat or something, just smooth, cool, the definition of. He was the one that got me into Guns n Roses and loud guitars and hard rock etc, before that it was all The Monkees and The Beatles for me.