What were your favorite Axl looks?

wfuckinga

Axl was gorgeous up until he vanished from the public eye. But he probably looked best like very early Illusion tour and then that Knocking On Heavens Door beard era.

Always thought Slash looked the best out of all of em generally. Not cuz he was prettier than Axl cuz he weren't (although he was good looking and that) but just cuz of the way he carried himself, he was like a giant cat or something, just smooth, cool, the definition of. He was the one that got me into Guns n Roses and loud guitars and hard rock etc, before that it was all The Monkees and The Beatles for me.

Axl looked good until 2001. His '98 mugshot looks just like his old self except with short hair.

Did you guys know there's an official Axl calendar out? No kidding, saw it in HMV the other day. Shots from all eras. Kind of surprised me. Didn't buy it though. Thread reminded me I meant to mention it here. £8 if anyone's interested.

Edited by tomfriend

This is easy to nail down.

His look back in the original lineup days were his best when he actually looked cool. However, it was too incosistent to call his best years even though he was young. He put some pretty tacky, awful ensembles together back when he was on top of the world.

2006- By far & away the most consistent bad ass rock star look by him ever. His look was spot on every night from what I remember which is something you can't say about any other time frame.