Gene Simmons says Ace and Peter will not perform with them at the Rock Hall Of Fame

classicguns4life

i think it's quite obvious that Kurt did listen to the 70s rock and BS in particular as a kid. and it's obvious that Nirvana did play classic covers. But i've never read Kurt saying BS was among his favorite bands. And even if it was, Nirvana sounds nothing like BS imo.

here is the full quote of Butch Vig on making of Nevermind you are most probably referring to

during a first attempt at mixing, Cobain asserted himself. Says Vig: "I'd be balancing the drums and the guitar and Kurt would come and say 'Turn all the treble off. I want it to sound more like Black Sabbath.' It was kind of a pain in the ass."

It was not about the riffs. all the internet sources posted the story under the title Kurt wanted Nevermind to sound like Black Sabbath", but its just another speculation

Sonic Youth may like Madonna, what's not to like about her? but among their influences they always mentioned Patti Smith, Wire, PiL, hardcore punk, etc. and those influences are noticable in their music

Im not really trying to argue with you. But in terms of riffs id say Nirvana was more Black sabbath, Aerosmith. But Nirvana were more subverting that. But in the pop mainstream its lost, hence kurts paranoia.

ts like I started a joke.

The thing about SY is that how they perceived is really arty VU etc. But really they were kind of more goofy than that. They made Monroe cool again. In the culture Madonna was the try hard loser. But SY recognised the talent.

Gene seems to take pride in being a prick. Axl is misunderstood.

i think it's quite obvious that Kurt did listen to the 70s rock and BS in particular as a kid. and it's obvious that Nirvana did play classic covers. But i've never read Kurt saying BS was among his favorite bands. And even if it was, Nirvana sounds nothing like BS imo.

here is the full quote of Butch Vig on making of Nevermind you are most probably referring to

during a first attempt at mixing, Cobain asserted himself. Says Vig: "I'd be balancing the drums and the guitar and Kurt would come and say 'Turn all the treble off. I want it to sound more like Black Sabbath.' It was kind of a pain in the ass."

It was not about the riffs. all the internet sources posted the story under the title Kurt wanted Nevermind to sound like Black Sabbath", but its just another speculation

Sonic Youth may like Madonna, what's not to like about her? but among their influences they always mentioned Patti Smith, Wire, PiL, hardcore punk, etc. and those influences are noticable in their music

Im not really trying to argue with you. But in terms of riffs id say Nirvana was more Black sabbath, Aerosmith. But Nirvana were more subverting that. But in the pop mainstream its lost, hence kurts paranoia.

ts like I started a joke.

The thing about SY is that how they perceived is really arty VU etc. But really they were kind of more goofy than that. They made Monroe cool again. In the culture Madonna was the try hard loser. But SY recognised the talent.

Gene seems to take pride in being a prick. Axl is misunderstood.

Lennon had divorce, abuse and death in his youth yet you do not see him going, ''did you know that we Beatles outsold Little Richard at the London Palladium?''

He did say the Beatles were bigger than Jesus...

When John said that he meant at that time, The Beatles could have been considered bigger than Jesus because of their popularity.

At that time, yeah, they were. Both John and Jesus were peaceful men and both died for it.

Lennon had divorce, abuse and death in his youth yet you do not see him going, ''did you know that we Beatles outsold Little Richard at the London Palladium?''

He did say the Beatles were bigger than Jesus...

When John said that he meant at that time, The Beatles could have been considered bigger than Jesus because of their popularity.

At that time, yeah, they were. Both John and Jesus were peaceful men and both died for it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/21/sean-lennon-opens-up-abou_n_128028.html