Gene Simmons says Ace and Peter will not perform with them at the Rock Hall Of Fame

classicguns4life

Just when everything is going already, count on Gene to ruin everything. He can go fuck himself to be honest. The only good news is Ace and Peter will still have to accept the award and I guarantee Ace will say something great.

But seriously, fuck Gene. No reason to really induct them if they aren't going to at least reunite. They still deserve it, but this makes it a lot less special:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gene_simmons_ace_and_peter_will_not_perform_with_kiss_at_rock_hall_of_fame.html

That is absolute bullshit. I understand feelings get hurt, people leave bands, etc but this is about honoring the group that made the impact. Ace and Peter have every right to play up there as Paul and Gene do. And I distinctly remember a couple of years ago Gene said the original line up will play one more time in their life- the hall of fame. What changed? It wasnt that long ago. What an asshole.

Same logic applies to GNR- Slash and the rest of the ex members had every right to play as Axl does.

Found it http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gene_simmons_only_1_more_kiss_reunion_to_do.html

You are a grade A jagoff, Gene Simmons

Total different story with Purple. Obviously Blackmore should play as he IS the Deep Purple guy. But he doesn't play rock anymore, so I completely understand (even though I'd be annoyed) with that reasoning as it makes sense. He's just over that period, so either he'll accept and won't play or just won't show.

With KISS its a total different story. Gene DID explicitly say they would reunite for the Hall Of Fame, as they should. Any other way for them to go up would be stupid. But unsurprisingly in Gene fashion, the stupid route is the way they go.

Gene must be feeling the need to reconfirm to the world what a wanker he is...

Peter did fuck up big time on the first go around, but he was treated very poorly during the reunion and didn't deserve that.

Ace wanted out, both times. Gene and Paul begged him not to leave originally-I don't think he cares about reuniting again cause he walked away (again) in the end.

What is so annoying is that KISS under Gene and Paul were in the wasteland in the mid 90's, and it was Ace and Peter's return that made them a huge attraction again.

I gain some respect for Gene. He lost his balls got married but this is badass.

Not really. Its actually just classic Gene.

What I don't even get is he won't be fooling anybody. Ace and Peter will be up there to accept the award. He's not fooling anybody, and there's no reason they can't play together for one night. Probably has to do with the same reason as GNR, that if people see the real thing they'll stop seeing the current imitation.

Just when everything is going already, count on Gene to ruin everything. He can go fuck himself to be honest. The only good news is Ace and Peter will still have to accept the award and I guarantee Ace will say something great.

But seriously, fuck Gene. No reason to really induct them if they aren't going to at least reunite. They still deserve it, but this makes it a lot less special:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gene_simmons_ace_and_peter_will_not_perform_with_kiss_at_rock_hall_of_fame.html

True that!

Blackmore won't play with purple or show up

...which really really sucks... :(

The other question of course is, will Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer be nominated (or for that matter, will Vinnie, Bruce and Eric Carr - posthumously)?

Kulick probably, Carr probably, Vicent is debatable. He was on Lick It Up, which was overall an awful album. Thayer and Singer will probably be, although Tommy is nothing more than KISS' old tour manager in Ace's makeup to me.

Although I like Lick it Up, Vincent is also on Creatures which is Kiss's last masterpiece. Judging from this news, I think Gene and Paul are going to force the HoF's hand over Thayer and Singer in the same way that Metallica did over Trujillo. I think all nine members/ex-members have done enough to be included really, unlike Dizzy Reed, but the original band should be the ones to perform. Probably the last chance to see the originals.

Odds on them playing RNRAN?

I gain some respect for Gene. He lost his balls got married but this is badass.

Not really. Its actually just classic Gene.

What I don't even get is he won't be fooling anybody. Ace and Peter will be up there to accept the award. He's not fooling anybody, and there's no reason they can't play together for one night. Probably has to do with the same reason as GNR, that if people see the real thing they'll stop seeing the current imitation.

I didn't know it wasn't the real Kiss. I've got the first two albums and Destroyer.

This award show has a problem in that no band seems to have a stable line up.

I would have thought Gene would have stepped up and done the right thing for the money. I guess there is no money in it, it's like you say it just kills, or harms whatever they are doing currently. But it's Kiss, does anyone take them seriously? They look like they just escaped from the circus.

Deep Purple should be interesting because I could see them just including the Mark II lineup, that would cause such an uproar with the guitar community not including Tommy Bolin and Steve Morse.

Ian Paice and Ritchie Blackmore had said in the past they aren't attending if the band's inducted, but as Paice is still an active member in the band, might be persuaded to change his mind. I think Blackmore could change his mind, but I know he left on bad terms with the band, but might be in a happier place in his life to get together with them for a night. I don't see a Rock Hall induction as the last chance for it to happen, either.

It's a given Eric Carr, Eric Singer, Bruce Kulick and Tommy Thayer will be included (although I've been proven wrong before on inductions... Black Sabbath didn't include Dio and Martin which was messed up) , but not sure about Vinnie Vincent and Mark St John.

Deep Purple is gonna be a wild one. I mean, if I were running it, I would just assume you do everyone from Mark 1 to 3. Sort of like a Grateful Dead type thing. A lot of guys kept that band going, and to neglect any of them would be ridiculous. To not include Coverdale and Hughes would be a massive oversight and not make any sense. I could at least understand (although not agree) with where the Hall was coming from with Sabbath. They were inducting the Sabbath that started the metal genre, which is the original 4, not the ones that continued the band after the 70s. I get it. With Deep Purple, you could just induct the Smoke On The Water crew, but that amounts to about 5 years and like 3 or 4 albums if I'm correct. In the MIDDLE of their career. There seems to be no excuse to include everyone, and I honestly haven't considered they'd fuck that up although that easily could happen.

I also hadn't considered them fucking up the Kiss lineup. It should be Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter. I love and respect Vinnie, Eric Carr, and Bruce Kulick, but I didn't assume they would definitely go in. I wouldn't be upset if they did, but it really makes their contributions seem bigger than they actually were. Carr and Kulick stuck around for awhile and deserve it, and anyone in KISS would say that, but I just didn't think of them as naturally going in. Its similar to Sabbath in that they are definitely that clear second incarnation that wasn't nearly as influential but critical to the legacy. I don't think Vinnie did enough to warrant an induction. And inducting Tommy and Eric Singer, who are genuinely nice guys, would be as dumb as honoring current GNR. That would be the luckiest break for them ever, but I guess it did happen with Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist who joined like a year before the induction. I hadn't consider how stupid inducting Tommy and Eric would be and I sincerely hope that doesn't happen.