Gene Simmons says Ace and Peter will not perform with them at the Rock Hall Of Fame

classicguns4life

Whenever Gene is interviewed, all you get is a barrage of self-promotion: ''Kiss sold out the Budokan thirty minutes faster than the Beatles did. Kiss have six more gold records than Zeppelin. I have fucked 3,000 women more than John Holmes.'' This is how the guy talks all the time.

I can understand Gene being proud of Kiss, but it's getting crazy all the stuff that has the Kiss name on it now.

I think it was very cool that they donated the Kiss casket for Dime Bag Dallas to be buried in, but for the regular fans, who can afford shit like that.

I remember one show where Gene gave some fans some of his stuff. I thought that was cool, but all in all, it's just nuts all the shit that has Kiss on it.

Kiss is like a brand name now more than a rock band.

Kiss have been more a brand name since 1975. The thing is with me and Kiss, I sort of acknowledge the fact that, they are a bit cack, but I rather like them. A guilty pleasure I suppose.

Yeah, Kiss does put on an amazing concert too.

I saw them in 77 and again a few years ago. The show is always bigger and better and both Gene and Paul can still sing and walk around in those high kick ass boots.

With Kiss there is a sense that, all they actually care about is money - namely your money (specifically, how to take that money from your wallet and place it in their wallet). People who are so desperate for money like that come across as so crass and horrible in my opinion. Probably every band thinks, 80% of the time, like that but at least they have the common decency to talk about 'art' or 'rockin' occasionally. But with Kiss, you get a sense that the whole thing was only ever meant as a money machine. 'So, RNRO is a raw and excellent rock album?' It was only ever so because Kiss thought that an album such as that, delivered at that particular time, would make them x amount of money more.

It just feels like they have operated from day one like this. Well, Gene and Paul have.

As long as they keep me happy and bring me new material and news, I don't care wether it's for my money or for my pleasure. Guns N' Roses is no different from KISS nowadays, except for the fact KISS keeps their fans spoiled and full. Guns N' Roses gives us nothing. :shrugs:

Whenever Gene is interviewed, all you get is a barrage of self-promotion: ''Kiss sold out the Budokan thirty minutes faster than the Beatles did. Kiss have six more gold records than Zeppelin. I have fucked 3,000 women more than John Holmes.'' This is how the guy talks all the time.

That cracked me up. He really is revolting when he opens his mouth. He makes Howard Stern seem like Paul Newman.

I'd like to know the number of how many women rather take a year vow of celibacy rather than sleep with him.

I find it hard to believe he doesn't take anything. He appears to be on something at times.

Not that the gold record thing isn't worth bragging about! Take that people who dismiss KISS!!! :P

Gene is pure boredom off-stage, I'll give you that. Dude is really, really uninteresting and a pain in the ass. His interviews tend to end in a facepalm for me. Paul isn't so different, he's really serious and tends to get irritated, and there's not much to talk about with him. I HATE it when he uses interviews to send a message like "don't do drugs" or "we do it all for the fans" or "music nowadays sucks..". It surprises me that Paul has no crazy stories from the early KISS era since he used to at least drink a lot from what I've seen.

But still, when those two hit the stage they transform into these characfers they made for themselves and they sure know how to ger the crowd going. Yes, Gene's been saying "Oh yeah? Well, I like it" and "LET ME HEAR YAA" for over 30 years but it gets the crowd going, just like Axl's "you know where you are?!", it"s his signature move and he'll stick to it. And Paul? Paul is amazing live as a frontman. Dude's top class. So much charisma and respect for the crowd, y'know? At least that's what I got from him in my two KISS concert experiences. It's like when he's onstage with his make-up on, he forgets everything else.

Never seen Ace and Peter live though... Would have loved to have gotten to see 'em with KISS. Especially Ace. Don't care much for Peter. Barely care at all, actually.

Kiss have been more a brand name since 1975. The thing is with me and Kiss, I sort of acknowledge the fact that, they are a bit cack, but I rather like them. A guilty pleasure I suppose.

The marketing thing didn't really take off until the success of Destroyer.

It kicked about half way through '76.

'75 they were still pretty much unknown to the masses until Alive dropped in Sept.

With Kiss there is a sense that, all they actually care about is money - namely your money (specifically, how to take that money from your wallet and place it in their wallet). People who are so desperate for money like that come across as so crass and horrible in my opinion. Probably every band thinks, 80% of the time, like that but at least they have the common decency to talk about 'art' or 'rockin' occasionally. But with Kiss, you get a sense that the whole thing was only ever meant as a money machine. 'So, RNRO is a raw and excellent rock album?' It was only ever so because Kiss thought that an album such as that, delivered at that particular time, would make them x amount of money more.

It just feels like they have operated from day one like this. Well, Gene and Paul have.

The thing is that KISS is more honest about their aspirations than 99% of bands in that they are upfront about it - yes, they want success and money. For a lot of lot of bands, how much they are driven by money (undoubtably as much as KISS or as much as possible) is something they are very snakey about.

With that moral dilemma out of the way they've been able to give plenty of entertainment in return...

No other band took the Elvis model of the rockstar, larger than life exaggerations of their personalities in the platforms,costumes and makeup, breathing fire, etc. Kinglike over the audience...like KISS did (as opposed to the 'you're the same as your audience' model), and from that could also go to certain places subjectmatterwise - fame, etc... they were singing as though they were huge charismatic rockstar millionaires in limousines while they were still playing clubs :lol: .

Behind all the schlock, Kiss always has a lot of humour and substance... i can't think of many truly awful Kiss songs. Outta This World by Thayer on Monster would be up there, though. On the other hand, my favourite song on that album is sung by the imposter catman- 'All For The Love Of Rock N' Roll'. Tremendously schlocky and fun.

Ace is a fuckup, but he is rock n roll through and through-I believe one of his main problems with Gene is his relentless marketing of KISS and it's de-valuation of their music.

Is that because of something you read that Ace said, DR DOOM?

I also wish Chuck's full interview about The Elder would appear again, it was such a great read: http://www.kissasylum.com/news/2012/11/21/chuck-klosterman-the-elder-helps-psychopathy-kiss/

That's very cool, thanks.

I don't really care about the HOF or KISS reuniting at it. They've already reunited like 6 times.

The only thing that would make it cool would be if they came out and did God Of Thunder and then went into Black Diamond, raised Peter's pyro filled drums to the fucking ceiling at the end, and tore the place down.

But we all know it would just be Rock and Roll All Night and Cold Gin or something like that.

The thing is that KISS is more honest about their aspirations than 99% of bands in that they are upfront about it - yes, they want success and money. For a lot of lot of bands, how much they are driven by money (undoubtably as much as KISS or as much as possible) is something they are very snakey about.

With that moral dilemma out of the way they've been able to give plenty of entertainment in return...

No other band took the Elvis model of the rockstar, larger than life exaggerations of their personalities in the platforms,costumes and makeup, breathing fire, etc. Kinglike over the audience...like KISS did (as opposed to the 'you're the same as your audience' model), and from that could also go to certain places subjectmatterwise - fame, etc... they were singing as though they were huge charismatic rockstar millionaires in limousines while they were still playing clubs :lol: .

Behind all the schlock, Kiss always has a lot of humour and substance... i can't think of many truly awful Kiss songs. Outta This World by Thayer on Monster would be up there, though. On the other hand, my favourite song on that album is sung by the imposter catman- 'All For The Love Of Rock N' Roll'. Tremendously schlocky and fun.

Ace is a fuckup, but he is rock n roll through and through-I believe one of his main problems with Gene is his relentless marketing of KISS and it's de-valuation of their music.

Is that because of something you read that Ace said, DR DOOM?

I also wish Chuck's full interview about The Elder would appear again, it was such a great read: http://www.kissasylum.com/news/2012/11/21/chuck-klosterman-the-elder-helps-psychopathy-kiss/

That's very cool, thanks.

Yeah, pretty much going off what Ace says in his (disappointing) book.

I cant really think of a post reunion clip of Ace where he outright bags Gene or Paul really...I could be way wrong but Ace's line in the media has been that he left the second time and didn't want to do it anymore.

(I'm not suggesting Ace doesn't love money either by the way)

I LOLd when Ginger from the Wildhearts asked Ace (a fan's question) if "he had ever seen Paul Stanley suck a cock?" haha

The marketing thing didn't really take off until the success of Destroyer.

It kicked about half way through '76.

'75 they were still pretty much unknown to the masses until Alive dropped in Sept.

KISS ruled the earth from '76 to '77.

Ace was the one saving grace in that band, Ace and Peter. Ace joined for a combo of drugs, loose women, booze, money and rock n' roll whereas, with Gene, it is just money. Ace is basically like every rock musician really. (Lennon wanted to form a band for much the same reasons). With Gene, his whole life is dictated by money. He is probably anti-drugs/anti-booze merely because of the monetary implications. Like all people obsessed with money, they come across as crass and terribly boring.

Guest Len B'stard

Don't you sometimes get sick of these fuckin' tarts? Not having a go at no ones favourite band or anything but it's like, whenever one of these Hall of Fame things happens and all this malarkey it's always like 'i ain't playing with him' and blah blah blah etc with every fuckin' band on earth, while thousands of fans sigh and frown about it…am i the only one who, after a while just couldn't give a toss anymore? The idea of these things is always a lot better than the reality anyway, if any of these knackered old fannies don't feel like holding hands together on a stage and making a few people watching on the telly crack a smile for a couple of minutes then, oh well, their loss, fuck em :shrugs:

So you would suggest pretending that they like and respect each other personally and all that just for the occassion then?

Firstly my comment was broader than just referring to the Hall of Fame and no, you can dislike each other all you want but it's about being professional and it's about some sense of responsibility to your audience or at very least to behave like adults and perhaps go a little out of your way to serve your audience, lest you find yourself without one one day. I mean, to have gotten together in the first place they must've been mates at some point, can they not just get over their egos for five minutes just to do the right thing?

I mean, in all walks of life, from factories floors to football teams men and women work together that, perhaps, aren't completely in love with each other and some actively dislike each other, just cuz you don't like the winger don't mean you don't pass the ball.

It's this insufferable immaturity and disregard for the audience that grinds my gears. I mean, for better or worse, you've created something that is important to a great many people…and all you can do is act like tarts about it, this is another reason i think why less and less people give a fuck about popular music anymore, because of this hackneyed charade that the audience is subjected to once the band are done grafting for your attention, have achieved a modicum of success and decided now that they've had enough money out of you to keep the electric meter going and the swimming pools well warmed, that it's mission accomplished.

I suppose it's their life and they can do what they want with it but by the same token my tongue is my tongue and if i see fit to call them wankers with it when their behaviour calls for it I shall do so without reservation.

Shut up, KISS kicks ass. That is all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNKJ4SPj_Rw

Fuck you, they're a load of bollocks. That is all :D

I'd just like to say though, I never said anything about the bastards in the first place :lol:

Anyone else remember some interview where Gene stated a project of selecting a whole new young Line-up for the band to "pass the torch?"... His idea was to find people to replace everyone in KISS, including him and Paul after they retired so KISS would "live on". :D

Ace was the one saving grace in that band, Ace and Peter. Ace joined for a combo of drugs, loose women, booze, money and rock n' roll whereas, with Gene, it is just money. Ace is basically like every rock musician really. (Lennon wanted to form a band for much the same reasons). With Gene, his whole life is dictated by money. He is probably anti-drugs/anti-booze merely because of the monetary implications. Like all people obsessed with money, they come across as crass and terribly boring.

Ace's problems predated KISS.

Gene took on the responsibilities of being man of the house growing up because it was just him and his mom. He didn't want to disappoint his mom because she had no one else, and of course she fed his ego. Kids that experience divorce, abuse, and death at a young age seems to be a part of rock bands.

Lennon had divorce, abuse and death in his youth yet you do not see him going, ''did you know that we Beatles outsold Little Richard at the London Palladium?''

He did say the Beatles were bigger than Jesus...

As a statement about the current state of society, because at that moment, they were. And he saw that as a worthy situation to ponder.

• Like 1

Just for the record: Kiss has 28 gold records, the most of any American rock band.

You have just turned into Gene.

He is such a fuckin cock. I think I hate him almost as much as I hate Axl haha.

Gene is a hell of a better musician than Ashba in both skills and creative wise, plus he's a lot more succesful too. Don't compare him to Ashba :(