Next Nightrain Chat Guest: DJ Ashba

RussTCB

Of course there isn't going to be any groundbreaking news from these video chats. The only way that could ever happen is if there were band members on the same level as Axl, and that's a long gone issue. Now Axl is THE man, at the helm, no one is going to say anything that could cause conflict and basically make Axl unhappy.

I think DJ will probably expect a lot of what people are going to throw at him. Regardless of whether your views are negative towards him or not, he is a smarter guy in a lot of ways than people give him credit for.

He's online a lot of the time so he deals with crap on a daily basis anyway. No big deal.

Agreed. I do think he'll give honest answers. Doesn't seem like a bad guy at all. The frustrating part is asking questions about new music. What answer will realisticzlly come back? Cool to have a chat but, I'm curious as to what we as fans will learn. Hopefully something positive.

I don't think the purpose of these chats is to give us info.

Then what is the purpose? What is the point in the band members doing them, and, what is the point in fans watching them? Who is really interested in 90mins of Ron doodling on Led Zeppelin riffs and fending off questions about 'returning to Brazil'. I know I am not interested in this stuff.

Now Axl is THE man, at the helm, no one is going to say anything that could cause conflict and basically make Axl unhappy.

That is not, a description of a 'band' I am afraid. Even in other bands where there is one member who leads things (e.g. Lemmy's Motorhead), the non-leading members still usually know something about the band's plans and have some freedom to discuss them with fans and the media!

Edited by DieselDaisy

I think DJ will probably expect a lot of what people are going to throw at him. Regardless of whether your views are negative towards him or not, he is a smarter guy in a lot of ways than people give him credit for.

He's online a lot of the time so he deals with crap on a daily basis anyway. No big deal.

Agreed. I do think he'll give honest answers. Doesn't seem like a bad guy at all. The frustrating part is asking questions about new music. What answer will realisticzlly come back? Cool to have a chat but, I'm curious as to what we as fans will learn. Hopefully something positive.

He's spoken pretty freely about wanting to write and having ideas for new music in the past.

What would be cool? Seeing if anyone could convince him to share some of those ideas during the chat. I don't mind his playing on the Beautiful Creatures stuff, he's not a super-technical guitarist but he's capable of writing decent music. Set his image and marketing aside for a moment, see if we can get him to focus on music since he's been willing to talk about it before.

• Like 1

DJ Ashba - the gift that keeps on giving :lol:

lol I couldn't have said it better myself. Ashba is everywhere! lol

After seeing and hearing Ashba, I'm surprised he could keep his mouth shut during Axl's interview on That Metal Show. He must have been hung over or very tired, not to have said one word during the whole time. Unless he spoke during the commercials lol

Anyway, wouldn't surprise me if Ashba was the next guest. he does love to talk and talk and talk. lol

Who cares about DJ anyway? he always said the same shit that will never became true...

I don't see other than his 14-23 year old glamster/emo/poser fans anybody would care about what he lies says

and lol about people who pay for posting on a fucking forum...

Edited by Crash Diet

Who cares about DJ anyway? he always said the same shit that will never became true...

I don't see other than his 14-23 year old glamster/emo/poser fans anybody would care about what he lies says

I don't care what DJ has to say as it appears you don't either. My point has been that the dude does have fans and I would bet they care.

I don't care what DJ has to say as it appears you don't either. My point has been that the dude does have fans and I would bet they care.

I don't deny that he has fans. He's got like a million followers on Twitter for whatever that's worth. My beef is with the fact that he can't/won't answer GNR questions in a GNR chat. If this is indeed moderated,most of the questions we want to know don't stand a chance at getting through. He could have a chat to pimp his ASHBASWAG over on his ASHBALAND website.

How would you feel if they were doing one chat with a band member at a time, and the last one was with Axl Rose, but it was only for people that were already Nightrain members? Meaning that once the Axl chat was announced, it would be impossible to buy new membership packages.

Supposing, obviously, that they managed to make it Nightrain Exclusive as promised.

I don't deny that he has fans. He's got like a million followers on Twitter for whatever that's worth. My beef is with the fact that he can't/won't answer GNR questions in a GNR chat. If this is indeed moderated,most of the questions we want to know don't stand a chance at getting through. He could have a chat to pimp his ASHBASWAG™ over on his ASHBALAND™ website.

Overall I agree. I'm just saying that I don't see any reason to get worked up about it (not saying you are). A lot of people in this thread just seem to be extremely upset over it and I just don't think it's a big enough thing to dedicate that kind of energy on, ya know?

• 2 weeks later...

2) November's chat room victim is the one and only Mr. Dj Ashba!

We frankly can't keep up with all the Ashba endeavors, so tune in to hear the latest on whats been going on in Ashbaland. Submit your questions now.

On November 21st DJ will be paying a visit to the Nightrain video chat room. Tune in at 8pm PST / 11pm EST to see DJ LIVE as he answers your questions.

To submit your questions, sign up here and ask away! Can't join us live? A playback of the video chat will be available for viewing.

It's clearly about discussing 'Ashba's endeavours'.

Why would GNR fans be interesed in anything other than 'GNR endeavours'? I will not be joining Nightrain anytime soon.

Edited by NGOG

I just bought a membership. Can't wait for the keychain!

The t-shirt is cool too. The keychain is also a bottle opener. I have it on my car key.

You also got a GNR patch and a lamanete.

I'm happy with it.

Which one?

I paid $39 for the membership. Or maybe $39.99. I forgot.