Next Nightrain Chat Guest: DJ Ashba

RussTCB

No matter which one of them it is it will be funny. Thing is which of them would deal with it the best...I could see Stinson storming off in a huff, Pittman would be interesting...

I wonder if this is the reason why everyone in that band does not interact with the fans (beyond Ashba tweeting his cack). They know they are viewed as scabs and would be trolled like crazy if they ventured on social media. You have to give some respect to Ron for at least having the balls at facing this head on.

Ok but that doesn't give you guys the right to act like infants towards the current lineup. (the most stable lineup in GNR history)

That's really not saying much. 5 years and not one song. Of course people are gonna be upset. Also, little sign of DJ learning to play the songs properly.

Also, little sign of DJ learning to play the songs properly.

That's like your personal problem if you think that.

He plays the songs very well especially the old material. I've been to many concerts and nobody says "OMGDZ Dj doesn't know how to play the songs"

He plays the songs very well especially the old material. I've been to many concerts and nobody says "OMGDZ Dj doesn't know how to play the songs"

I never liked TIL until I heard it live in Toronto 2010. DJ's additions to the solo are mind-blowing.

I've been with casual fans and family, and everyone points out the top hat, etc. My dad couldn't tell the difference in his playing, but I've met a lot of people who have. Admittedly, it could just be wanting Slash back, but I was willing to give DJ a chance. It was only after a couple years that I realised he couldn't hit a lot of notes in Slash and Finck solos.

On the other hand, I don't understand the dislike for Frank. While I don't agree with you that his Brownstone is the best, I honestly don't notice that much. Whereas I met some diehard Brazilian Axl/GNR fans (at a Slash gig...) who, while loving the new band, really hated Frank's drumming.

I never liked TIL until I heard it live in Toronto 2010. DJ's additions to the solo are mind-blowing.

I really wish I could hear the solo with the ear-piercing first notes of the Finck solo.

I've been with casual fans and family, and everyone points out the top hat, etc. My dad couldn't tell the difference in his playing, but I've met a lot of people who have. Admittedly, it could just be wanting Slash back, but I was willing to give DJ a chance. It was only after a couple years that I realised he couldn't hit a lot of notes in Slash and Finck solos.

On the other hand, I don't understand the dislike for Frank. While I don't agree with you that his Brownstone is the best, I honestly don't notice that much. Whereas I met some diehard Brazilian Axl/GNR fans (at a Slash gig...) who, while loving the new band, really hated Frank's drumming.

I really wish I could hear the solo with the ear-piercing first notes of the Finck solo.

How can anyone hate Frank?????

It was either Brownstone and/or Rocket Queen they hated. I can see it with RQ, it doesn't have Adler's groove, but none of the drummers since Adler have had that. I generally prefer Frank's drumming on the AFD songs to Sorum's, but I think Sorum was really getting into his own groove by '93 (like on Nightrain at the last show); Axl even said so in one of his own interviews and saying it was amazing watching Sorum's drumming for what would have been a new GNR album (before he turned around and labelled him an Additional Musician).

EDIT: Found quote from Chinese Whispers that I was thinking of:

"We're really into letting Matt go more off on his own in terms of drumming for GNR. [...] When he goes off on his own creative sense it's pretty amazing. I want to facilitate that getting out. I want Matt to just explode on the next record." (Axl, Hit Parader, 1993)

Back on topic, as soon as they announce an Axl chat, I'm there. They could double the membership fee and I'd pay it.

Edited by Amir

How can anyone hate Frank?????

No clue personally. I dig the hell out of the spin he puts on the classics. At the same time, I hated Brians versions and many others liked them, so different strokes and all that.

:frank:

• Like 1

Brain's drumming on CD is some of my favourite ever, but I don't like his live playing of the old stuff with GNR from what I've seen on YouTube.

I wonder if they'd ever allow Brain or Finck to do a chat? That'd be pretty cool. Finck'd be too busy to do it with his NIN touring, but Brain's been pretty open before (said a little bit about Seven, and I think I read a bit about Thyme somewhere):

Q: [...] I am very excited about Seven. Can you tell us anything about this song? Is it a rocker?

A: ITS AN TIMELESS BALLAD WITH A BLOW YOUR FACE OFF CHORUS AND A SUCK YOUR BALL SACK BRIDGE!!!!! (Brain Mantia, Appetite for Discussion, Aug. 18, 2010).

Are you guys even fans for fuck sakes or just waiting for a chance to cupcake the current members?

Seems pathetic...

Hilarious coming from the guy who cupcakes Slash on a daily basis on this forum.

Will the person in the next chat be representing GnR or will they be there to promote their solo career? BBF wasn't allowed to answer specific band questions, so it will be interesting if the next band member will be able to.

Most of the biggest bands in the world have keyboards in their music.

Yeah, so what? You know the last time I went to a gig to hear their amazing keyboardist?

Never.

Cano's life revolves around worshipping everything Axl Rose does.........if Axl Rose has two keyboard players, then that is what Volcano will love. If tomorrow Axl fires both keyboard players and says "Keyboards don't belong in rock music" then Volcano will be on here tomorrow saying that he has always hated keyboards. Don't try and reason with him. Once you realize that all his opinions are shaped around what Axl rose thinks, then you can just sit back and watch and laugh.