Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Webisode 4 here we go !

enjoyed the bit at :44, Slash's noodling was also nice.

really good information from slash and elvis - more good stuff to look forward to

One of his best. But he goes riff for riff with Tremonti all over the live shows, while singing at the same time. Killer live performer.

can't wait to see them 4/24 - tix were sold out in NYC for the ABIII tour when I went to get them

Slash opening for Aerosmith later this year.....thanks to gnronline for this tidbit...........nice double header but Aerosmith tix are pretty expensive IMHO.........

According to Joe Perry, AEROSMITH will hit the road in the U.S. later this year with support from Slash and the former GUNS N' ROSES axeman's bandmates MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORSMyles Kennedy (vocals), Brent Fitz (drums), Todd Kerns (bass) and Frank Sidoris (guitar). Tickets will go on sale in the next few weeks.

AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler is reportedly working on a solo album, tentatively due later this year.

The AEROSMITH singer issued his first-ever solo song, called "(It) Feels So Good", in May 2011 while serving as a judge on "American Idol".

AEROSMITH's latest album, "Music From Another Dimension!", came out in November 2012 and debuted at No. 5 on The Billboard 200 album chart, selling 63,000 copies in its first week of release. The CD was helmed by producer Jack Douglas, who previously worked with AEROSMITH on classic early albums like "Toys In The Attic" and "Rocks" as well as on 2004's "Honkin' On Bobo".

Slash and MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS recently entered the studio to record the third album under the solo Slash banner. The follow-up to 2012's "Apocalyptic Love" is being helmed by producer Michael "Elvis" Baskette, known for his work with Kennedy's other band, ALTER BRIDGE, as well as FALLING IN REVERSE, STORY OF THE YEAR and INCUBUS, to name a few.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/aerosmith-to-tour-u-s-with-slash/#iJMyQUW48rOQxrY5.99

aerosmith should open for slash, but I prefer hillbilly herald

LOL, I don't think so mate.........you won't find a bigger Slash fan than me but lets be realistic here Aerosmith still fills arenas and Slash is playing 2K attendance HoB type venues........now if you were talking a real GnR reunion you would have a point though.............

This is actually a great opportunity for Slash to get his music out to the arena sized Aerosmith crowds and maybe open a few eyes...........

I do agree with you on one thing though I would rather pay $45 to see Slash and Hillbilly Herald play the Boston HoB where I can get up close then pay $150 to see Aerosmith play the same tired greatest hits setlist at the Boston TD Banknorth arena....Now if Aerosmith were to play the entire "Get Your Wings", "Toys" or "Rocks" albums that would be a different story............ :lol:

Edited by classicrawker

aerosmith should open for slash, but I prefer hillbilly herald

LOL, I don't think so mate.........you won't find a bigger Slash fan than me but lets be realistic here Aerosmith still fills arenas and Slash is playing 2K attendance HoB type venues........now if you were talking a real GnR reunion you would have a point though.............

This is actually a great opportunity for Slash to get his music out to the arena sized Aerosmith crowds and maybe open a few eyes...........

I do agree with you on one thing though I would rather pay $45 to see Slash and Hillbilly Herald play the Boston HoB where I can get up close then pay $150 to see Aerosmith play the same tired greatest hits setlist at the Boston TD Banknorth arena....Now if Aerosmith were to play the entire "Get Your Wings", "Toys" or "Rocks" albums that would be a different story............ :lol:

I've seen aerosmith and slash several times each. I'd love to go to this but probably won't since its expensive. Aerosmith is great but i don't feel like i need to see them a third time

joe perry is the worst and most overrated guitar player in the world.

Dude...no. He's a great guitar player that came up with amazing riffs and solos and was responsible for some of the best rock moments ever. Have you listened to Rocks and Toys? Those are classic albums and there are more great Aerosmith albums to enjoy.

Joe is actually my favorite member of Aerosmith.

• Like 2

My only concern is that he hasn't a moment to rest and that will result in sub par lyrics. He went from Alter Bridge album, to touring, to Slash. I question if he can craft 12 great lyrics in that amount of time. I'm afraid lyrically, there may be 2 great songs and the others fell by the wayside because he was forced to finish them so quickly.

joe perry is the worst and most overrated guitar player in the world.

That's something no one is going to agree with.

Even Slash would tell you that you're wrong and probably slap you in the face. Most of Slash blues-based guitar playing is because of Joe Perry.

• Like 1