The Beach Boys

Raz0r

Been a Beachs Boys fan since this

And this

I've recently rediscovered them, and was happy to see they've reunited, put out a new album last year, and finally put out the legendary Smile album.

Any other fans on here? If so, what do you think of the new stuff?

Edited by Raz0r

I just got the Smile Sessions and thought it was awesome. Makes me wonder what their leniency would have been if that had some out after Pet Sounds.

I really liked Kokomo, but I've never heard any of their other 80's stuff. I'm very curious to, but it's hard to find.

• Like 1

Pet Sounds and Smile are truly amazing albums. I'm a great fan of Brian Wilson, "Surf's Up" being one of my favorite songs ever.

There's a chapter on Brian Wilson in Nick Kent's The Dark Stuff, it's a great read. That chapter on Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys is worth the price of the book :

288529.jpg

Edited by axlfan88

Love them. Gorgeous harmonies that seem like they have descended from the heavens, wonderful 'pop' melodies, escapist lyricism. The only band which could compete with the British bands at the time. I actually like the early pre-Pet Sounds Beach Boys. Don't Worry Baby is a beautiful ballad.

Never got why their listed high up in terms of greatest bands of all time when all they really had was Pet Sounds and Good Vibrations. Also the lack of constant, defined roles amongst the members annoys me.

"The group have had over eighty songs chart worldwide, thirty-six of them United States Top 40 hits (the most by an American rock band), four of those reaching number-one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart."

But it's more than that, like the Beatles, they're respected for being innovators. Even before they experimented the psychedelic rock, they were were innovative with complex harmonies.