Best Song Axl has covered ??

Chainsforalice

Never hear any talk about this one. Whats your thoughts on this cover of Queen?

As a huge fan of Queen and (obviously) Guns.... I think I just wet myself. I've never seen this before.

As a huge Queen and Guns fan, I have to say while the occasion was nice and seeing Brian with the other guys is cool as hell, the performance is really bad.

I have always wanted a thread like this, to sum up every cover recorded/recorded demo/or live to make sure I don't miss any.

For me there is no real final answer, but I personally have always loved listening to that one live video of Axl singing Sailing, it just fits his style there so well. Then of course the whole Bohemian Rhapsody thing was awesome for a lot of reasons, but ultimately it was so short, all be it epic. Also I always enjoyed Dust in the Wind, and I always like some of the performances of It's All right on the piano.

KOHD is cool and I like the version on the record, but I think live versions through history are even better. Like the song gets extended live with all that extra stuff, it's a really good "stadium" live song. Who else out there really enjoyed the 2002 style of KOHD btw? I think it was that Leeds show recording that I always found so awesome just like the ambient type mellow style with the backup vocals too and then the buckethead play, also Axl's high pitch worked for me, idk man I just always liked that. But yeah a lot of the KOHD live shows I like.

yeah also I always loved the Free Fallin performance, but did Axl ever do it without Tom ? I wish we had a studio version of this.

um dead flowers I think it pretty good

as far as TSI album I like Aint it Fun and Since I dont have you, plus Sympathy I think was pretty cool in a way.

I'm not a big Stones fan, but I thought Axl did a good job on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t64Sn10D0bo

Axl has covered a hell of a lot of songs live and in studio. As many or more than he's written himself.

I personally enjoy the piano ballads best, so I'll go with "It's Alright" or "Everything."

Thanks for that, didnt know they covered Everything. First time I hear it now and its really good

Axl has covered a hell of a lot of songs live and in studio. As many or more than he's written himself.

I personally enjoy the piano ballads best, so I'll go with "It's Alright" or "Everything."

Thanks for that, didnt know they covered Everything. First time I hear it now and its really good

haha this was one of the covers I couldnt think of, there's another though.

*edit* just thought of it "Only Women Bleed"

Edited by amacfantasy