Would you sack Team Brazil as the managers of GNR?

Guest NGOG

Would you sack Team Brazil as the managers of GNR?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I asked a promoter about the perceived incompetence of GNR management, interesting response:

High-profile promoter: "I have dealt with Axl for almost 25 years and he is very difficult to work with. What might look like incompetence to you is really a very difficult artist to manage. And I say that with all the respect in the world for Axl. One of the greatest lead singers in the history of music. And I've seen them all."

I'd say that's pretty much in line with what most of us think. TB provides plenty to criticize and make fun of, but when it comes down to it, if Axl wanted to release music, he'd release music. If Axl wanted to release concert footage, he'd do it. If Axl wanted to do interviews and communicate with his fans, he'd do it. Responsibility for GNR's dysfunction rests entirely on Axl. And yes, almost all of us continue to pay attention cuz we think he's about as good as a frontman gets when he gives a shit.

• Like 2

Yes - we all realize that Axl is ultimately responsible for the misdoings of GNR given his role as de facto manager. That said, I think a lot of people have had enough of the arrogant way Team Brazil conduct themselves.

• Like 3

Wasn't it grndCntr (or whatever they are called) who were responsible for sending out the beach towel? Sure, if that is the case we can blame Team Brazil for hiring grndCntr but by that logic we might as well blame Axl for hiring Team Brazil and conclude that Axl fucked up the beach towel thing (disregarding the issue of whether a delayed shipment really is such a big deal).

Edited by SoulMonster

What bothers me the most is always this state of limbo. We had it in 90s and early 2000s. And we still have it. Enough!!!!! I mean if Axl doesn´t give a shit about new album, new tour, the Vegas DVD or a fuckin towel he should tell us.

Maybe he has a good reason not to do things. Why is there always a mystery about everything? Axl or a spoke person should make a statement explaning if we have nothing to look forward to.

They have an official website, twitter, Facebook, Why on earth do they have all these GN´R official places when they barely use it? It´s ok to talk about John Lennon and Lou Reed in those places. But please also give us information about what is going on.

I asked a promoter about the perceived incompetence of GNR management, interesting response:

High-profile promoter: "I have dealt with Axl for almost 25 years and he is very difficult to work with. What might look like incompetence to you is really a very difficult artist to manage. And I say that with all the respect in the world for Axl. One of the greatest lead singers in the history of music. And I've seen them all."

Very accurate... and diplomatic.

GNR have just come off one of their most active periods in two decades... why fire management??

I suppose that is the sad part.

An album five years ago and random touring shouldn't be considered "active."

People bash on Beta and her children because of the way they communicate with the fans, and because of the general lack of activity amongst the band. Maybe they take too big of a share of the blame. But they are the band's management team and they are Axl's personal paid "family".......so it's only natural for people to react to them. Especially when Beta and Fernando and Del insult the people who love and support Axl's career.

At the end of the day, everything falls on Axl's shoulders.

It is just such a shame that Axl (and his paid family and friends) can't be convinced that there are MILLIONS of fans who love his music and would love to spend their hard earned money on anything and everything he releases. I'd pay money today for unreleased music, for an album, I'd pay hundreds for a box set feature several albums full of material. I'll pay money for ANY music that Axl releases and there are millions of people who would join me.

It is just such a shame that Axl (and his paid family and friends) can't be convinced that there are MILLIONS of fans who love his music and would love to spend their hard earned money on anything and everything he releases.

I am pretty certain he knows this (it has been like this for a majority of his life) and I am also pretty certain it doesn't matter that much to him anymore, at least not in the sense that it creates an urge in him to release more music swiftly. He seems to be passed that phase of his life.

Edited by SoulMonster

The beach towel was given away it was delayed about a month but a winner was awarded it was the signed poster that never was given away

FLebeis http://gunsnroses.com/forum/main/2051361

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM

The posters is completely my fault - as I sent it to the wrong address and got return to my hotel in Croatia - and now trying to get that rerouted back to me has been a complete mess. I will get that resolved.

So stop going on about the beach towel that ran relatively smoothly and same with the large shirt

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

The beach towel was given away it was delayed about a month but a winner was awarded it was the signed poster that never was given away

The posters is completely my fault - as I sent it to the wrong address and got return to my hotel in Croatia - and now trying to get that rerouted back to me has been a complete mess. I will get that resolved.

So stop going on about the beach towel that ran relatively smoothly and same with the large shirt

Thanks. They messed up with the posters. They clearly would be horrible working as a UPS or Fed Ex guys.

:lol:

• Like 2

But please also give us information about what is going on.

dont worry, Fernando is working on a plan to give us information ;)
Shouldn't we be getting that announcement with information about future informative announcements soon? Edited by magisme

Such a pro! Such a competent man!

...or does that count as another complaint?

Well, it does seem a little racist, to be honest.

What kills me is it's a fuckin poster lol

Just get another poster signed and send it out.

It's not rocket science

I love that the situation has become so ridiculous that giving away a beach towel going "relatively smoothly" is somehow a victory. :lol:

• Like 1

I wouldn't fire anyone. Axl has had management from the topmost end of the spectrum down to first timers, and really none of them have been able to make him to anything he doesn't want to do. TB is as good as anyone in Axl's dysfunctional world.

• Like 2

What kills me is it's a fuckin poster lol

Just get another poster signed and send it out.

It's not rocket science

That's what makes me think he's lying and covering his ass. I bet he just hasn't sent it at all yet.

I wouldn't fire anyone. Axl has had management from the topmost end of the spectrum down to first timers, and really none of them have been able to make him to anything he doesn't want to do. TB is as good as anyone in Axl's dysfunctional world.

Sadly it's very much true.