Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

Would you guys change your mind if Axl told her it was Ok to sell them? If he said the past is the past, part of the money is going to charity, and they are Erin's property and she can do what she wants with them. If Axl said he didn't mind..........would you guys still be mad about it?

Why would anyone be angry about two people in consent auctioning off personal things? Is this really that hard for you?

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you with my questions. You seem to always take great offense to my questions/posts on here. Maybe a solution would be for you not to read/respond to them? If you dislike me and my posting style, you could always simply put me on ignore. Then you wouldn't have to read them? Just a thought.

Thanks to everybody else that chose to answer without negativity though. Positive discussions are good, especially when people disagree on the topic.

A lot of people are saying that Erin is morally wrong for selling personal items.

I was just curious if people would still feel she was wrong if the other person said he didn't care.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

To be honest I would think it more odd if Axl had given permission for her to sell the personal stuff. It's difficult to imagine why two people would want to lay bare the inner workings of their relationship for public consumption. If Axl was involved and I doubt he is, I'm sure he could come up with some more tasteful and lucrative stuff for charity than old correspondence.

For those who are outrage at Erin, how do you feel about the people who purchase the items?

(Not a flaming question, generally curious).

A lot of the stuff I wouldn't care to own. But handwritten lyrics/poems by Axl - that would be cool to have.

BUT if you guys think that Erin is the Devil for selling things Axl gave to her, does that mean I'm a horrible person for buying one of the items?

I'm neither outraged at Erin nor suspicious that she is the Devil. I just think it's in bad taste. I don't think she should go to jail. I don't think she should get sued. She just shouldn't be selling love letters and such, at least according to my ethical compass.

As far as the people who will buy these things, I think they are kinda creepy.

• Like 1

I never had much of an opinion, good or bad, on Erin. Back in the day I had a girl crush on Stephanie Seymour for being Axl's girlfriend. I think Erin is wishing she could write a tell-all book about Axl but can't cuz she must have signed that away in her settlement. She knows that those articles she has up for auction will be photographed and circuate the internet inflicting a twisted psychological cruelty. The damage has been done already. I do not think domestic abuse is OK in any way, but I did read that she knew how to push Axl's buttons. She was not the innoccent victim that she liked to portray herself as, and that she never worked a day in her life. This woman clearly has alot of unresolved Daddy issues. She is clearly seeking attention at another's expense.

I never had much of an opinion, good or bad, on Erin. Back in the day I had a girl crush on Stephanie Seymour for being Axl's girlfriend. I think Erin is wishing she could write a tell-all book about Axl but can't cuz she must have signed that away in her settlement. She knows that those articles she has up for auction will be photographed and circuate the internet inflicting a twisted psychological cruelty. The damage has been done already. I do not think domestic abuse is OK in any way, but I did read that she knew how to push Axl's buttons. She was not the innoccent victim that she liked to portray herself as, and that she never worked a day in her life. This woman clearly has alot of unresolved Daddy issues. She is clearly seeking attention at another's expense.

You may not have seen all the issues we had earlier today with this thread. In short, we've asked that the thread stay on topic, which is users opinion on the selling of person objects. It's been asked that the "violence against women/domestic abuse" topic stay out of the thread.

Finally a new release from Axl!

I don't see anything wrong with selling this stuff. Its just possessions and letters. Yeah its personal but so what. There ain't no privacy left in this world anyway. Just think of it as facebook postings from another time.

Love the "finally a new release" LOL. And correct- it's some chick (if you will) selling her old boyfriend's (from 30 years ago's) love letters & stuff he gave her. He just happens to have been a famous singer at one point. Why would Axl even care (he ended up hating her ...like usually happens with him & people....). But yes- buying/having Billy Bailey's personal youth pics is odd I agree.

If you're considering buying anything which doesn't relate to the music of GNR - i.e. the Jungle flannel, AMA award, even Axl's poetry are all perfectly acceptable points of interest for a GNR fan - then you should be psychologically profiled.

Edited by NGOG

I still think this is with Axl's blessings, stated or not. If I thought Axl/TB/Erin were more PR sophisticated, I'd guess that it was an orchestrated PR attempt. Erin's been dealing with him lately in a very conciliatory manner (eg: stating that the graffiti on her garage door was done by 'neighborhood kids' and not Axl in an attempt to get a photo of it suppressed, which I'd guess is a flat out lie, it's Axl's phrasing, writing style, etc, but whatever).

The material she's released is almost a PR attempt in that it alludes to the well-proven issues in court and the media, but it just scratches the surface and it's a comparatively positive spin. .

eg: a one page police incident report already plastered all over the press is a far cry from hundreds of pages of court depositions detailing the abuse and other controversial subjects.

Axl WANTED the stepfather info out, didn't he recently complain that he thought the press would go after his stepfather but he felt they had attacked him instead? And it's just a mild letter alluding to his controlling nature.

The love letters are LOVE letters, she didn't release the hate letters, and I'd hazard an educated guess there are a lot more of those. And I say educated because aside from any documents, I probably know 20 people who have witnessed interactions between Axl and Erin. (Well, at least 10).

I agree that the abuse of Erin in this thread is out-of-line.

• Like 3

If you owned something that you didn't want anymore, you knew it was worth money, don't act like you'd just throw or give it away. If you would, you'd be dumb.

I guess the lesson is to not give away things that you don't want people seeing.

To sell one or another piece of memorabilia is one thing. To sell personal letters without the other part's knowledge and this person's "ok" is one whole different animal. This is so low.

So you think she would have got the 'ok?" lol

No way in hell would he have agreed to it. Most likely the no would have been out of spite on a lot of the items.

Karma is a bitch. Or so they say.

If she didn't get the 'ok' (for the letters/video) then she shouldn't be releasing them. No one in complaining about the memorabilia.

She doesn't have to get the ok. it's her property. Don't give things to people if you don't want anyone seeing them. Those love letters are as marketable as the love songs to her.

The cries of morality are funny cause it's as if you think any of thinks means a damn. Axl is a grown man. Let the grown deal with it. Stop acting like crybabies.

I still think this is with Axl's blessings, stated or not. If I thought Axl/TB/Erin were more PR sophisticated, I'd guess that it was an orchestrated PR attempt. Erin's been dealing with him lately in a very conciliatory manner (eg: stating that the graffiti on her garage door was done by 'neighborhood kids' and not Axl in an attempt to get a photo of it suppressed, which I'd guess is a flat out lie, it's Axl's phrasing, writing style, etc, but whatever).

The material she's released is almost a PR attempt in that it alludes to the well-proven issues in court and the media, but it just scratches the surface and it's a comparatively positive spin. .

eg: a one page police incident report already plastered all over the press is a far cry from hundreds of pages of court depositions detailing the abuse and other controversial subjects.

Axl WANTED the stepfather info out, didn't he recently complain that he thought the press would go after his stepfather but he felt they had attacked him instead? And it's just a mild letter alluding to his controlling nature.

The love letters are LOVE letters, she didn't release the hate letters, and I'd hazard an educated guess there are a lot more of those. And I say educated because aside from any documents, I probably know 20 people who have witnessed interactions between Axl and Erin. (Well, at least 10).

I agree that the abuse of Erin in this thread is out-of-line.

Great post!

All that stuff is shit anyway that physically isn't worth anything if you take axl out of it. paying thousands for sheets of paper fuck that. I'd much rather have my mic any day, because Axl gave me it, it was free and take the sentimental value of axl away and its still an expensive product.

Anyone actually seriously thinking of bidding?

• Like 1